Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Zaw Weapon for Gara?

Velaethia

Ideally, you won't even use Gara's melee weapon, as it will be a stat stick and nothing more. The best melee weapons to use is either the jaw sword due to the +100% melee damage augment, or any melee with a high disposition riven.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Weapon doesnt matter, you use her skill1, not the weapon.

You only need that GOD ROLLED RIVEN 60k plat PM thx

The weapon does matter because her abilities, 1, and 4, damage scales based on the stats on your weapon. Which is why speed and range doesn't matter. You want the highest damage. So far Gara's signature weapon gives me 12.5k shield per shatter. I want to see if I could do better then that. Making a high status, low speed, high damage zaw decked out in elemental damage should max out her potential. Obviously a good riven would help.

15 hours ago, torint_man said:

Ideally, you won't even use Gara's melee weapon, as it will be a stat stick and nothing more. The best melee weapons to use is either the jaw sword due to the +100% melee damage augment, or any melee with a high disposition riven.

The intellect is strong in this one....

16 hours ago, torint_man said:

This person is correct. I main gara. Some people use the zaws because theirs a bug that allows its weapon stats affect garas splinter. Not significant imo but people do it. However high 5 disposition weapons like the amphis,jaw sword,mire.,etc. Whichever you have a high damage riven for. CRIT does not help. You want your high damage riven, spoiled strike ,any other damage mods that weapon specifics may offer. SLASH, and elemental mods. Some of the people commenting seriously have no clue how her splinter works and is giving misinformation.

On 2019-03-02 at 11:10 PM, Velaethia said:

The weapon does matter because her abilities, 1, and 4, damage scales based on the stats on your weapon.

Okay this is something that keeps confusing me.... Some say it only scales with only the mods on that weapon (Aka a Stat Stick ) and other say its the whole weapon plus mods 

So Which Is It ? And for which frames.

On 2019-03-03 at 12:00 AM, (PS4)selfproclaimed said:

Some of the people commenting seriously have no clue how her splinter works and is giving misinformation.

Well yeah... the game doesn't explain how it works... I've been playing gara for months and only figured this out last week....

4 minutes ago, PuffMAgicDragon said:

Would you mind sharing your build? I’m still confused as to how to build a good zaw for gara.

They insist Zaw isn't the best weapon for Gara. Probably using some insane riven to get those numbers. I don't use rivens. I doubt you could get much higher then what I got without rivens. Maybe a bit higher but not much. Certainly not over double. 

To clarify: In most cases, the weapon is not supposed to matter for things like Gara's 1. However, because of DE's horrific spaghetti code, there are a couple things that have an effect which shouldn't. Mire gives 10% extra toxin damage (negligible), and for some inexplicable reason heavy blade+hammer zaws give a 70% total damage bonus or something, with polearm and staves giving 18%. This seems to be a fairly recently discovered bug, and will probably get patched out if DE ever actually notices it and is able to do so. With how badly zaws are programmed, who knows if they can, though.

Anyhow. In other words, for Gara, you either want to abuse something with a max riven disposition, unique damage mods, or heavy zaws. Jaw sword happens to be a weapon with max dispo AND a unique damage mod, so it's a pretty strong contender. I have no idea what wins out between it and a rivened zaw. Without rivens, heavy zaws probably make for the best statstick currently.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

I think all the stats should matter but /shrug. DE does DE. 

Honestly? none of the stats should matter. Statsticks are incredibly stupid, and the fact that rivens work on these kinds of abilities when they were very deliberately excluded from working on full-on exalted abilities is something that has been silly for years, and is even more silly now that exalted weapons entirely have their own modding because DE didn't WANT there to be statsticks. Rivenable warframe powers feel like an oversight that DE just hasn't gotten around to fixing.

9 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

They insist Zaw isn't the best weapon for Gara. Probably using some insane riven to get those numbers. I don't use rivens. I doubt you could get much higher then what I got without rivens. Maybe a bit higher but not much. Certainly not over double. 

I understand. Thanks for the reply.