Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being held hostage by trolls.

Why can’t I leave the kuva survival I worked so hard on and keep my rewards I was just playing a game begging the other player to leave with me but the refused and drag me for a extra 30 minutes for a wolf challenge. I don’t want to do it and I did not know they did. Can’t the people a warframe change this so we can leave when we want. And keep what we farmed. It such bs. 

Edited by (XB1)Xfi1eA51

2 hours ago, Kriegerurteil said:

It is a team game, and there is no u in team. You shouldn't be able to leave unless you decide so as a team. Adding the abilty to leave whenever will just further seal the fate of endelss missions.

yes but there is no team when the team is not in agreement in how long they should stay in a mission. getting stuck in a mission a lot longer then you planed for is not fun at all.

• Like 1

I just gave up on the mercy of the Tenno that kept me trapped in a Survival. I had to leave through an Abort which is the absolute worst. (If you're on Public match you should be prepared to flex on your plans.) I want to be able to leave when I want. I didn't want to lose all of the things that I had achieved. I had to because of IRL responsibilities. The DEvs have said that they're working on independent extraction, but the Nightwave has proved just how urgent that should be on their list. I haven't been this sore on a situation in a game for a great while. It is the worst kind of avoidable situation.

Normally, I'd be elitist and shoot gripes like this down with a speech about "warframe is a democracy; majority rules in matchmaking is perfectly reasonable", but I'm over myself. I have held numerous players hostage in endless missions before, because the group I play with heavily favors endurance runs, and because we play as a group, we maintain majority rule; I've even gone for 4 hours in Kuva Fortress just to spite someone who thought they could shut my group down by burning up our life support when we at full LS (didn't work; we came prepared for a long haul; the troll ended up DCing and forfeited about 4 hours worth of rewards).

My standard response is: if you don't want to run the risk of being forced into endless, then don't play in public. If you do want to play public, then pickup a squad mate that shares your prerogative. Controlling 50% of the Extraction Vote is enough to secure majority rule.

Until recently, this seemed an appropriate method. Now though, DE is mandating cooperative play in Nightwave missions, and gating content behind social barriers; which effectively renders my solo play recommendation impractical.

If they'd restore the solo mandate, I'd be happy to recommend my tried and true solution to you with very pretentious and indifferent mannerisms; but my solution currently isn't feasible, so as a reasonable human being, I'm inclined to concede the argument.

BTW: Because it's a Democracy, the 3 players you were stuck with were in the right. You were the minority, demanding exclusive representation for your interests only; ergo, in that situation YOU were the troll. Don't try to frame other players for adhering to their community's interests; you had complete control over matchmaking by selecting what level of social interaction you wanted to take part in; you're not a victim of anything other than your own poor judgement. Don't call people trolls because they didn't do what you wanted them to do.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders
  • Like 2

To be honest, just have the habit of asking how long people are staying at the beginning of a mission, something as simple as "20?" is probably already a good indication. If the other people wants to do a 1 hour run, you can just leave at the start so you dont lose progress. 

15 hours ago, Kriegerurteil said:

It is a team game, and there is no u in team. You shouldn't be able to leave unless you decide so as a team. Adding the abilty to leave whenever will just further seal the fate of endelss missions.

What if something happens irl? What if there's dinner ready? what if there's an appointment you have to meet? what if the house is burning down? what if you're not playing on your own computer or your own time? What might have originally started as a 5-20 minute quick grind turns into an hour long slog you didn't want to participate in. They really should allow you to extract on your own without disrupting the squad, otherwise people will be resentful, and may even go out of their way to grief the entire squad just so they can leave the mission and go on with their day without having wasted the time invested.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Until recently, this seemed an appropriate method. Now though, DE is mandating cooperative play in Nightwave missions, and gating content behind social barriers; which effectively renders my solo play recommendation impractical.

Which is still not true. But feel free to misguide the players who don't know what Nigtwave is. As this is a straight up lie.

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

As this is a straight up lie.

Week 1: "Complete a sortie with a friend or Clanmate" worth 5K standing; Week 2: "Complete a 60 minute Survival with a Friend or Clanmate" worth 5K standing. 10K total = 1 Rank in Nightwave. If the trend continues, and Nightwave meets its 10 week duration, the total loss for solo players will amount to -50K standing; -5 ranks; -1/6th the total standing required to reach Rank 30.

Don't lie to me and tell me I'm lying. You either co-op, or you lose ranks; which is total BS.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Week 1: "Complete a sortie with a friend or Clanmate" worth 5K standing; Week 2: "Complete a 60 minute Survival with a Friend or Clanmate" worth 5K standing. 10K total = 1 Rank in Nightwave. If the trend continues, and Nightwave meets its 10 week duration, the total loss for solo players will amount to -50K standing; -5 ranks; -1/6th the total standing required to reach Rank 30.

Don't lie to me and tell me I'm lying. You either co-op, or you lose ranks; which is total BS.

How many times do I have to repeat what has been already said? I won't. You seem not be able to comprehend my words and by now it's like I'm talking to a wall.

6 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Which is still not true. But feel free to misguide the players who don't know what Nigtwave is. As this is a straight up lie.

Had to complete the 60min survival mission with 'friend' by myself, using my office PC and my alt account. I'd say that's fairly messed up and forced, since I'm already really far behind in daily standing. The first week's Elite sortie with friends was bugged, completed it 4 times and got no credit. I refuse to track down animals in Fortuna so that's another hit I have to take in standing. 

Like Vile Slanders stated, if these ridiculous missions keep popping up, solo players like myself are screwed out of standing.

• Like 1

Nightwave in general is cancer, and just takes Warframe further down the path of being a second job.

To the topic point, though, wouldn't the ability to simply prevent players you don't like from being matched with you? Like, say, with per-player blacklists, as PSO2 does?(and did since 2012)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Had to complete the 60min survival mission with 'friend' by myself, using my office PC and my alt account. I'd say that's fairly messed up and forced, since I'm already really far behind in daily standing. The first week's Elite sortie with friends was bugged, completed it 4 times and got no credit. I refuse to track down animals in Fortuna so that's another hit I have to take in standing. 

Like Vile Slanders stated, if these ridiculous missions keep popping up, solo players like myself are screwed out of standing.

I hate repeating the same stuff but one more time. I already said enough times how I agree with the idea that these kind of missions should not exist. And also these are bonus missions which was also stated by the developers. It's you who can't comprehend this fact. And how can you not hunt down animals it's the easiest thing to do.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I hate repeating the same stuff but one more time. I already said enough times how I agree with the idea that these kind of missions should not exist. And also these are bonus missions which was also stated by the developers. It's you who can't comprehend this fact. And how can you not hunt down animals it's the easiest thing to do.

People play games to have fun. Easy doesn't mean fun. Neither does hard.

Nobody likes playing a chore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

People play games to have fun. Easy doesn't mean fun. Neither does hard.

Nobody likes playing a chore.

Thank you! After 5k hours in Warframe, the fun factor has diminished when it comes to the mission types and worse, the resource grinds. I can't even bother with fishing anymore, something that I used to enjoy, spending hours on the plains catching fish. Is it asking too much, for creative missions? Maybe Wolf missions akin to Riven challenges? Either way, I don't expect to make it to the Umbra Forma and that's fine, I've got other games to invest in, can't have Warframe being greedy with my time and money. 

Edited by Morthal
in before 'but it's a free game' comment
  • Like 1