Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple polarities on a single slot

FPSNex

How about instead of changing the polarity when you use a forma, you just add a new one, so one slot could have two or three or whatever number polarities.

Maybe a special forma for that, I don't know.

I just think it would make builds more flexible. You wouldn't be lock out of using an interesting build because if you forma your frame to fit all the mods, the new polarities would brake your other build.

That's the trade off with Forma. Fit high cost mods or keep your build open for other mods. There's no point to Forma if you can just make it so anything fits anywhere with half cost. That's just a second potato on your gear.

• Like 2

As long as each polarity addition required another forma.  Or even if it required a forma and an exilus for each additional polarity allowed.  I mean, for players willing to forma that much, they likely already have multiple versions of the same gear with the same effect.  I have a couple of some weapons, each forma'd differently.   Heh, I have have different Rivens for them as well to support those builds.   The time investment would be about the same, the material cost for them would be about the same as well.   So there isn't a downside to this really.

In general be able to accumulate polarities on a single slots for modding would be game breaker.

But, I admit if they do something like this only for Aura polarities it would be great since it's actually really painfull to be able to use any aura mod on your frame and this isn't game breaker and better for teamplay and team set up. That's the only way for me where it seams to be a good idea.

Hmmm , maybe the omega forma will be able to do this?

putting omega forma on existing polarity allows you to add another polarity so either of those polarities mods will cost less capacity.

the omega forma would need 3 forma  (or an exilus and a forma and a few more rare items and some kuva maybe) to build though.

would be a fair tradeoff then , most weapons dont need more than 4 forma to be great, so the omega will only be useful for the uber mensch.

45 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

As long as each polarity addition required another forma.  Or even if it required a forma and an exilus for each additional polarity allowed.  I mean, for players willing to forma that much, they likely already have multiple versions of the same gear with the same effect.  I have a couple of some weapons, each forma'd differently.   Heh, I have have different Rivens for them as well to support those builds.   The time investment would be about the same, the material cost for them would be about the same as well.   So there isn't a downside to this really.

Exactly. People already have multiple Chromas or other frames or weapons, just so they could have different builds. But it's a workaround. It also requires extra slots to buy ( not that people that have multiple of the same item worry about that ). If i'm willing to forma a weapon 24 times just so I could fit any mod there I should have the option to.

Like 0_The_F00l sayd it could be a special forma. Maybe you craft it like an exilus adapter, where it cost you two regular forma. The details are up to DE.

each slot should be able to have all the polarities ready and available to be occupied by any mod type.  in reality you will still have to use forma to add the polarity/ies  but the slot itself will still only use 1 mod at a time.

the way it is now is simply wasteful and backwards and its the same with trading slots where you should just use 1 slot for a complete set of a weapon or frame etc. it not rocket science. its time to move away from these archaic restrictions and be limited by them.