Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 word to describe new weapon transition: Unnecessary

-Oni-Bushido-

We already had Speed Holster, Streamlined form and Synth Reflex. I still don't get the point of this quick transition between melee and guns. For me it's even slower than before and less intuitive (for me; I know there's fans of this new system). 

So I resumed it in one word: Unnecessary.

Autoblocking? Come on...

I disagree. Slower than before? I don't see how that's even possible? They almost completely removed the animation it seems. And you don't have to hold a button to switch now. This game is a very fast phased game, auto blocking isnt OP, and having it happen automaticly fits perfectly into the type of game Warframe is.

To me, this whole melee change in general has been extremely comfortable, and made melee fit more into the game.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

This reminds of the Archwing. 

DE takes a decently-working system, tries to improve it, and it ends up being worse than before.

Could you please explain how the new melee is worse than before? The only two issues I've found with it so far is the auto-blocking stops you from doing any sort of charged attack (which can be fixed) and some weapons quick melee was better than the full melee combo.

hace 3 minutos, (XB1)Cubic Clem dijo:

This is probably one of those posts that nag about the removal of quick attacks..

It was a matter of time until they fixed this because it made the work on all stances redundant.. since no one actually used them..

I don't care about quick melee. I was a melee main player, and taking out manual blocking breaks completely my playstyle. 

il y a 7 minutes, ChatNinja a dit :

Could you please explain how the new melee is worse than before? The only two issues I've found with it so far is the auto-blocking stops you from doing any sort of charged attack (which can be fixed) and some weapons quick melee was better than the full melee combo.

I'd rather have the old system than the new one with autoblock. 

"uninterrupted combat" doesn't feel uninterrupted when you get stopped in your tracks because of auto-block. The old system was less uninterrupted than the new one.

Should it be removed, then yes, it will be better.

Edited by Ultimatesoup

some people are so narrow minded they will always accept fiction over facts. DE should give the options of auto or manual, auto is ok in some aspects but for real melee players that wants to fluidly block while flipping towards an enemy, this new change to melee is really backwards and totally restrictive.

for the bite size community this new change is the best thing since slice bread, but for more experienced players this change has left us with a feeling its time to move on we have supported this game from the get go and had enough of the letdowns.

the not so long ago players ( middle of the road) will still have high praises for DE, but soon they too will be singing the songs of dissappointments its all left to time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This is probably one of those posts that nag about the removal of quick attacks..

It was a matter of time until they fixed this because it made the work on all stances redundant.. since no one actually used them..

I used them. 

Conversely, I use less stances now, because of combos that utilise right clicks, and the fact that I constantly pull weapons at the end of those. Or, if I want to pull out a weapon during a combo, it needs to finish first. 

Also, the ironic truth that 'spin to win'er lose nothing, but those folks that liked to have a quick melee in the builds to either add a status, or do a finisher, lose a lot. 

The controls need to be refurbished. It will be cool to have an option as a toggle that makes quick attack take the melee weapon out, but then aim weapon is block while the melee weapon is out. To switch back to a ranged weapon, you press the good ol' switch melee button, and you stop whatever you are doing to have your rifle in your hands at a notice's moment. 

17 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

I don't care about quick melee. I was a melee main player, and taking out manual blocking breaks completely my playstyle. 

What I did is reconfigure the hotkeys used since I am a melee main as well.

Switched Fire Weapon to F and Melee attack to M1 so while aim-gliding will still switch you back to your equipped gun, you can easily get out of it/ground slam with LMB. Works like a charm for me in the meantime while they’re still sorting everything out. 

Edited by EquinoxPrime

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'm not so sure v.v I'm excited for changes so.. we'll see 😛

Bear in mind that I use the word 'OPTION.'

I am all in for giving greater freedom to the player to customise how their controls interact with their own client. Some folks would do a more shootery-oriented style. I will be a little more across the other side of the fence. 

hace 2 minutos, EquinoxPrime dijo:

What I did is reconfigure the hotkeys used since I am a melee main as well.

Switched Fire Weapon to F and Melee attack to M1 so while aim-gliding will still switch you back to your equipped gun, you can easily get out of it/ground slam with LMB. Works like a charm for me. 

We didn't need any 'crazy fixes to make it work' before the update. 

That's why I posted Unnecessary in the title (not only for you, but for all arguments)

1 minute ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

We didn't need any 'crazy fixes to make it work' before the update. 

That's why I posted Unnecessary in the title (not only for you, but for all arguments)

Change is a part of every growing game, you can either learn to adapt or give up. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You shouldn't have said that..

Fire incoming!

You’re not wrong but there’s no use QQing over spilt milk.

If one update can ruin your whole perspective of a game, it makes me wonder why people even bothered starting to begin with. 

They are still taking feedback into account, Melee 3.0 isn’t even fully rolled out yet. People just need to give it time. 

Edited by EquinoxPrime

hace 10 minutos, EquinoxPrime dijo:

Change is a part of every growing game, you can either learn to adapt or give up. 🤷‍♀️

If something works, why change it? I never heard in this 5 years someone arguing about our melee system. many complaints about grinding and warframe base farming mechanics, but never about melee, or willing for an improvement

30 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

For me this "quick transition" is good for me because it really encourages me to use melee in more situations because I use all weapons not only melee. As I understand your words, you only use melee so you will never understand the great smooth feeling of flexibility it brings to me. I really like this type of melee switch.

And about melee blocking, try to persuade DE to make it a auto/manual toggle. Gud luck with that !

il y a 1 minute, -Oni-Bushido- a dit :

Not everything is wrong. I will give a thumbs up for the directional slam attacks, but still think that we didn't need the whole transition rework to do so.

Again: unnecessary

Lol. We get it... Just remember that this is phase 1 of the rework. 

hace 1 minuto, Diangelius dijo:

For me this "quick transition" is good for me because it really encourages me to use melee in more situations because I use all weapons not only melee. As I understand your words, you only use melee so you will never understand the great smooth feeling of flexibility it brings to me. I really like this type of melee switch.

And about melee blocking, try to persuade DE to make it a auto/manual toggle. Gud luck with that !

Being a melee main player doesnt mean I never equipped other weapons to my loadout. But If I see a group of enemies, I just needed 1 second to switch to my melee and start swinging. I could approach blocking, and channel when needed instantly, not having to activate and deactivate manually.

18 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

If something works, why change it? I never heard in this 5 years someone arguing about our melee system. many complaints about grinding and warframe base farming mechanics, but never about melee, or willing for an improvement

Because DE has a vision, and this is their game. They don’t want it to stagnate.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but your best bet is honestly giving feedback on how to improve the new system rather than calling it unnecessary. 

• Like 3