The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Vandal needs a buff.

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

The Vandal Version is a great sidegrade to the original.

This is the exact way how any variants should be handeled.

Only Prime and Dex should be upgrades. Wraith, mutalist, prisma and vandal should be sidegrades.

Personally, I love the Opticor Vandal as it is.

• Like 1

Vandal / Wraith / Prisma variants haven't been side-grades in like 5 years, stop that.

Side-grades server no purpose in progression. Upgrade Variants do exactly what Riven's pretend to do. They bring life to old weapons. They're simply used as the "Prime" version of a non-Tenno weapon. Now why Opticor got Vandal instead of one of the many older weapons that could certainly have used it more. I have no idea.

In the end we're talking about Opticor anyways. A weapon that falls flat on it's face against Armor or enemies with object weak points. What's it hurt.

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb Autongnosis:

It's quite simply not an opticor anymore.

Actually, it is.

It's hard to spot, but it's right there, in the Name 'Opticor Vandal'

This subtle hint proves that it is, indeed an actual Opticor variant.

• Like 1

il y a 13 minutes, Walkampf a dit :

Actually, it is.

It's hard to spot, but it's right there, in the Name 'Opticor Vandal'

This subtle hint proves that it is, indeed an actual Opticor variant.

If you call a pile of manure diamonds, is it diamonds or a pile of manure? 

1 hour ago, BlachWolf said:

It already has 40% higher DPS, in terms of dmg it really doesnt need it. Though a CC buff to 28% would be welcomed, for more consistant crits without a riven.

It's actually even more due to the crit improvements, around 70% with point strike/vital sense, those apparently minor improvements help a lot.

• Like 1

The Opticor Vandal with no forma and no potato is mildly underwhelming and lacks the hard hitting satisfaction of the Opticor Classic, however, after installing some forma and comparing it to the Ferrox - and the opticor itself - I found the gun to lend itself incredibly well to high level play, and effective at level 90-110, though I hadn't used it further. It's incredibly easy to headshot with, like the Classic, and unlike the ferrox. The beam is very effective against the rank and file, including armored grineer, at a half charge, which in turns allows it to boast a sickening rate of fire and can with only half a second more charge to full to deal twice the damage. With the punch-through and a very high status and decent crit, I far prefer the Vandal to the Ferrox given the wider hit, the ability to partial charge, and the AOE blast that adds itself to the normal damage.

Build:
Serration
Split Chamber
Thermite Rounds
High Voltage
Primed Cryo Rounds
Malignant Force
Vital Sense
Point Strike

I prefer to know all the beams will hit the head, and I feel I get enough damage without Heavy Caliber.