Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Hildryn and Mag

JackHargreav

Do you find one better than the other or they are equal?

I enjoy Hildryn and I also enjoyed Mag but right now in terms of tankyness Hildy is kinda better. (I say kinda because Magnetize is still good for redirecting enemy fire.)

But that's just me how do you feel about these two?

Hildryn's a support tank, while Mag's a glass cannon AoE caster. They're kinda polar opposites, but they work very well together on the same team. Mag works like Trin for Hildryn, Hildryn helps keep Mag alive, they both strip armor and shields off of the enemy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Hildryn's a support tank, while Mag's a glass cannon AoE caster. They're kinda polar opposites, but they work very well together on the same team. Mag works like Trin for Hildryn, Hildryn helps keep Mag alive, they both strip armor and shields off of the enemy.

I actually think that makes the enemies on the same team. Mag is constantly stripping shields and armor hildryn needs to shred to keep her shields up through her high cost. Been a while since i played with a mag but her shield regen might not make the hugest difference for hildryn with her 6k shields. No better than she can do herself with the defenses mag now stripped haha.

Mag is one of the best scaling frames for high level content. She shuts the whole map down, and melts everything with Magnetize and a good weapon. High skill cap, because you can't get hit and have to play around bubbles. imo, Hildryn doesn't even compare but she is probably a lot easier to play for newer players. 

51 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Mag is one of the best scaling frames for high level content. She shuts the whole map down, and melts everything with Magnetize and a good weapon. High skill cap, because you can't get hit and have to play around bubbles. imo, Hildryn doesn't even compare but she is probably a lot easier to play for newer players. 

The problem is she can die when enemies spit at you only...

i like mag cuz shes a caster "mage" etc. 

hildryn has booring skills for first look i never said shes bad but sield gate +  2 - i see one rly stupid op build 

1 is simple high damage boom - if it have more fire mods (maybe augment) like laser granade etc. cuz in 4 u can only use 1 what looks restrictive

29 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

that's why they're called Glass Cannons: specialized at dishing out punishment rather than taking it, but with a little dodging practice and mods like Quick Thinking it's not as hard to stay alive at high levels as you might think. they definitely benefit more when backed up by a more durable frame though.

Personally, I wouldn't consider Mag a glass cannon. She's pretty tough, her survivability is pretty decent. She can replenish her shields and create overshield with 2 of her CC moves. At worst she's high mid tier of survivability. 

They're was a time when her augment turned her into an absolute tank by granting unlimited over-shield.

8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Rolling Guard along with Enemy Sense, and playing around bubbles take care of this for the most part. yeah the squishiness can be rough at times, especially at 60+ mins of survival or Arby. but when played well, Mag is virtually immortal. I will say that she's not my first pick for long Arbies because of how punishing it is to make an error. 

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

Rolling Guard along with Enemy Sense, and playing around bubbles take care of this for the most part. yeah the squishiness can be rough at times, especially at 60+ mins of survival or Arby. but when played well, Mag is virtually immortal. I will say that she's not my first pick for long Arbies because of how punishing it is to make an error. 

Do you think is it fun to roll for 1 hour? BTW you have 3 seconds invulnerability with 7 seconds cooldown, far away to be immortal... I think every frame should have defensive abilities but unfortunately there are A frames and B frames. Equinox is squishy but at least she can deal ton of damage.

I consider only usability on Arbiters, maybe i am too much old school but for me revives should be erased from this game...

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Do you think is it fun to roll for 1 hour? BTW you have 3 seconds invulnerability with 7 seconds cooldown, far away to be immortal... I think every frame should have defensive abilities but unfortunately there are A frames and B frames. Equinox is squishy but at least she can deal ton of damage. 

I consider only usability on Arbiters, maybe i am too much old school but for me revives should be erased from this game... 

Mag is an A+ frame, if you know how to use her. That's a big if, because most people build her wrong, use the wrong weapons, don't know how to position her, and don't have the mechanical skills to play her. As I said, she is one of the best scaling frames for high level content. You can't "roll for an hour". You have to time the roll to reposition, clear status procs, and kill the Arbiter drones. 

55 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Mag is an A+ frame, if you know how to use her. That's a big if, because most people build her wrong, use the wrong weapons, don't know how to position her, and don't have the mechanical skills to play her. As I said, she is one of the best scaling frames for high level content. You can't "roll for an hour". You have to time the roll to reposition, clear status procs, and kill the Arbiter drones. 

Yes we know that's story, every weapons and frame is good with the right build. Thanks now i can sleep happy.

Yesterday I played Hildryn and Mag a little bit to see how they compared.

Hildryn seems to be much much casual friendly and forgiving than Mag but Mag has really powerfull abilities both Cc and damage dealing ones.

The only thing that makes Mag somewhat worse is the posibility to get oneshoted. And that happened to me more often than it did with Hildy.

If I would have to I couldn't choose one over the other tbh.

Maybe if Mag had shield gating then I would go with her.