Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prime with Daikyu Prime?

StarMoral

37 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

There is a third option.  DE could pull a Euphona Prime and create a brand new weapon that doesn't have a non-Prime variant like they did with the Banshee Prime Access.  

But I still think it will be the Daikyu Prime as it's the only Tenno bow left and it fits her as well as being long overdue.  

Indeed, I had forgotten to consider this option, but it's up there, too.  Unlikely, given the rarity of the events (Dakra Prime with Mag Prime, repurposed from what was going to be a Cronus Prime as I understand it, and only once ever again with Euphona Prime and Banshee Prime), but possible!

6 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

The way you phrased your original statement, sounded more like a question to me rather than a statement. It sounded to me like you were asking a question, 'why does the Rubico have a connection to Ivara?' and that's why I responded with what I wrote. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I myself, personally love pairing Rubico Prime with Ivara. Maybe that's partially influenced because I actually did get the huntress bundle and that's how I got acquainted with the frog princess that I love now. But I wasn't trying to imply that rubico prime should've been exclusive to Ivara, sorry if it seemed like that. it's fine that it came with Chroma prime's access to me, because I have acquired it now for our huntress.

But we still have a lot of potential weapons that could be primed with Ivara for now, a guessing game of sorts at this point I feel,

No worries, I guess I was having trouble expressing my surprise that it was primed with Chroma instead of being saved and primed with Ivara.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Daikyu prime being included in Ivara's prime access is pretty much a given as there isn't any other "unprimed" primary weapon that could fit her theme, aside from maybe Baza but that weapon is way too new for it to be conceivably introduced together with Ivara prime. 

• Like 2

Why the daikuy tho? While it looks cool i rarely find use for it, due to lack of crit and being a status bow makes it quite unattractive to use (can aswell use a crossbow if i want status) and the charge mechanic is slow as well. Why not bring in a completly new bow, like they did with euphona prime? A crit prime bow would be nice (and something that looks better than paris prime). But we will see, i guess ivara prime will come with the Baza actually, as for 2nd prime weapon i dont know, maybe a new prime glaive or dagger? Time will tell i suppose.

1 hour ago, makaloff95 said:

Why the daikuy tho? While it looks cool i rarely find use for it, due to lack of crit and being a status bow makes it quite unattractive to use (can aswell use a crossbow if i want status) and the charge mechanic is slow as well.

Because none of those things are shortcomings for Ivara.  Especially solo and while in Prowl.  From a theme perspective, it's actually a very obvious choice.  

1 hour ago, makaloff95 said:

A crit prime bow would be nice (and something that looks better than paris prime). 

That is one of the only stats left that they could increase on the Daikyu for the Prime version.  that alone would make it the top bow damage, DoT, and status wise.  The regular Daikyu already gives more bleed procs than the Dread does if using the same build and not taking Hunter's Munitions into account.  

Heck, even if DE just increased the base damage (which is already quite high) a Daikyu Prime could still take the best damaging bow slot.  

These two things are why I think DE has delayed releasing a Daikyu Prime as there is just no way to avoid the "dreaded powercreep" if they released it.  At least in my honest opinion.  But I still hope they release it anyway.  😀 

On 2019-07-12 at 6:54 AM, Maganar said:

And no gimmicks readily come to mind that would be suitable for Daikyu Prime, so that's a hard sell, too.  What to do?

I think some really cool gimmicks could be had with the Daikyu. Some I thought of:

A ricochet, where on an enemy hit(or headshot), the arrow goes through and automatically towards the next nearest enemy for up to 2-3 enemies hit per arrow.

A forcefield-like radius around the arrow damaging enemies around its flight path.

Reverse falloff - more damage the more distance the arrow flies.

31 minutes ago, Enxchiol said:

Reverse falloff - more damage the more distance the arrow flies.

Daikyu kinda already has a mode somewhat like that.  As for doing exactly as you said above, I highly doubt that DE would add that ever.  Specifically because of ability Navigator does just that and having it innately on a weapon also would cause issues of the OP variety.  

This is the exact reason the Arca Plasmor + Navigator interaction was nerfed into oblivion.  

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

The regular Daikyu already gives more bleed procs than the Dread does if using the same build and not taking Hunter's Munitions into account.  

Heck, even if DE just increased the base damage (which is already quite high) a Daikyu Prime could still take the best damaging bow slot.  

The daikyu procs more bled of what?!?!?!? The daikyu is just terrible, it's has the worst IPS distribution a weapon can have, it's stupidly slow, a terrible sustained damage  and the arrow is so fast that it is unusable with navigator.

A status weapon with 

Impact b 138.0 Puncture b 184.0 Slash b 138.0

means it's pure crap. It's unusable even with  a gas build because the ips interferes with the gas stats.

If you wanna play solo playing Robin Hood maybe it's ok but in an Horde shooter, in the meantime you are charging your bow another guy destroyed everything with maiming strike.

The best weapon in game for Ivara is Artemis bow ables to kill everything in game and fully configurable with augmented mods but again ivara can use every projectile weapons at full power and this game is full of powerful projectile status weapons...

If this was a strategic game or the damage system had a real sense maybe this weapon can have a point but i don't think they will double the amount of damage, increasing the slash damage and adding explosive arrows to create a silenced opticor.

if you want a decent silenced weapons for ivara  just take a tiberon or rubico prime and use hush.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

The daikyu procs more bled of what?!?!?!? The daikyu is just terrible, it's has the worst IPS distribution a weapon can have, it's stupidly slow, a terrible sustained damage  and the arrow is so fast that it is unusable with navigator.

A status weapon with 

Impact b 138.0 Puncture b 184.0 Slash b 138.0

means it's pure crap. It's unusable even with  a gas build because the ips interferes with the gas stats.

If you wanna play solo playing Robin Hood maybe it's ok but in an Horde shooter, in the meantime you are charging your bow another guy destroyed everything with maiming strike.

The best weapon in game for Ivara is Artemis bow ables to kill everything in game and fully configurable with augmented mods but again ivara can use every projectile weapons at full power and this game is full of powerful projectile status weapons...

If this was a strategic game or the damage system had a real sense maybe this weapon can have a point but i don't think they will double the amount of damage, increasing the slash damage and adding explosive arrows to create a silenced opticor.

if you want a decent silenced weapons for ivara  just take a tiberon or rubico prime and use hush.

As someone who uses both Ivara and bows extensively, I stand by exactly what I said.  In ACTUAL USE, the Daikyu does in fact proc bleed procs more often than the Dread.  

With it's high status chance it's easy to get 100% status chance before multishot.  Adding in the multishot causes it to do multiple status procs per hit.  And not the IPS spread doesn't interfere with it proc'ing gas as you may be thinking.  I quite often proc both gas AoE cloud and bleed in the same shot.  This is even after adding a riven that added electric damage to the mix.  

You also have to remember that in most cases where Ivara is being used it's usually in a solo environment.  In which case the "horde" aspect doesn't even matter for her.  As someone who has played almost nothing but solo using Ivara, I know this to be the case.  

If you are racing with the goal to kill faster than other players, then you aren't going to be taking a bow anyway.  Well, unless you're a bow/Ivara try hard like me.  😛 

edit: I'm starting to ask myself why do some people seem to be so upset over a simple request to have a long awaited Primed Daikyu to be released with the Frame that it most fits with both in use, style, and theme.  Damn, people!

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

As someone who uses both Ivara and bows extensively, I stand by exactly what I said.  In ACTUAL USE, the Daikyu does in fact proc bleed procs more often than the Dread.  

With it's high status chance it's easy to get 100% status chance before multishot.  Adding in the multishot causes it to do multiple status procs per hit.  And not the IPS spread doesn't interfere with it proc'ing gas as you may be thinking.  I quite often proc both gas AoE cloud and bleed in the same shot.  This is even after adding a riven that added electric damage to the mix.  

You also have to remember that in most cases where Ivara is being used it's usually in a solo environment.  In which case the "horde" aspect doesn't even matter for her.  As someone who has played almost nothing but solo using Ivara, I know this to be the case.  

If you are racing with the goal to kill faster than other players, then you aren't going to be taking a bow anyway.  Well, unless you're a bow/Ivara try hard like me.  😛 

edit: I'm starting to ask myself why do some people seem to be so upset over a simple request to have a long awaited Primed Daikyu to be released with the Frame that it most fits with both in use, style, and theme.  Damn, people!

I am not upset for Daikyu prime but if they make it a decent weapon but they will not because Ivara already has the best Shotgun(explosive) Bow in game. I try to explain that the only decent weapon for ivara will be talons prime if they make it fire damage(removing the stupid blast damage) with stats greater than the Sancti Castanas.

44 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

if they make it a decent weapon but they will not because Ivara already has the best Shotgun(explosive) Bow in game

Hehe, and then there is the fact that DE released the Akjagaku(or however you spell it) Prime with Mesa Prime even though she has Regulators Prime.  😀

Just stating that there is already a precedent set by DE on that matter.