Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the cheapest resources sink modular build to complete the nightwave challenge?

BlindStalker

Question

I mean, sure I could skip this challenge, but I wanted to also ask. What is the cheapest modular build that will complete the nightwave challenge? Like I didn't want to sink a heavy amount of resources in because, I'm always indecisive about building modular stuff (zaws, kitguns, amps etc), that I haven't built any new modular stuff in ages (there's a serious of backlogs, indecisive decision making, other plans and such that makes this complicated, so in short, don't want to build modular stuff right now). But like, if the resources sink is relatively cheap, then I wouldn't mind burning some just for getting this challenge out of the way. Any recommendations?

16 answers to this question

My wild guess would go on a 111 Amp, no ?

Guess that heavily depends on what content you've been doing the most though - I'm thinking about the Amp because Eidolon is older so you're likely to have a ton of ores and stuff compared to Fortuna ones.

Edited by Chewarette

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

you're likely to have a ton of ores and stuff compared to Fortuna ones.

Someone hasn't been doing exploiter recently. 😄

Honestly, this and the forma are the first challenges I find annoying. I don't need another amp, I already have enough Zaws and I've built all the Kitguns I want.

Also, apart from Equinox prime, there is nothing I want to use forma on, so I'm considering just dropping 3 forma on the first 3 weapons that I don't use from my inventory. Which, wile easy feels like just throwing away forma.

Edited by Ver1dian

4 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Someone hasn't been doing exploiter recently. 😄

I've killed her once and that's enough for a lifetime. I was just saying it's way more likely to have stockpiled more Cetus' resources (two years, Trio, Ghouls + Plague Star, Bounties) than Fortuna's ones, which are more recent and with way less incentive to go there as a whole.

Just now, Chewarette said:

I've killed her once and that's enough for a lifetime. I was just saying it's way more likely to have stockpiled more Cetus' resources (two years, Trio, Ghouls + Plague Star, Bounties) than Fortuna's ones, which are more recent and with way less incentive to go there as a whole.

I understand what you mean. But with a kavaat and a booster, doing the orb can net you over 150 of each rare resource per run, for both mining and fishing. In addition to a chance for 8x Toroids, in about 10 runs you make sure you never have to farm Solaris United or Vox Solaris reputation or mats again.

To good for me to pass on ^^

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

My wild guess would go on a 111 Amp, no ?

Guess that heavily depends on what content you've been doing the most though - I'm thinking about the Amp because Eidolon is older so you're likely to have a ton of ores and stuff compared to Fortuna ones.

Nope.... thats a Grand total 30 Cetus Wisps... definitely far from Cheap.

Funny enough this is Actually what I did.... I have used all the Prisms except for the Tier 4 Prism (Rahn Prism) so rather than building a Cheap Throw away Item I decided to make a workable build for that instead it cost me quite abit of Cryotic and 5 Toroids but I made a 4-4-7 Amp.... its pretty good. I just have to Guild it now. 

3 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Someone managed to find out that the Mote Amp works for it. You can get that.

Yeah but I tried leveling up this thing before.... its not easy... its why I didn't bother with something cheap. 

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

The "3 Forma" one is great too, I'm just done formatting Hildryn haha. Damn. :laugh:

Some players are confused by this one because there's a bunch of ways to "use" Forma.... does the game want us to Polarize something or can we build a new room in our Dojo or craft a weapon that requires Forma ?

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Some players are confused by this one because there's a bunch of ways to "use" Forma.... does the game want us to Polarize something or can we build a new room in our Dojo or craft a weapon that requires Forma ?

We won't know for sure before trying, but I'm pretty sure they mean "use" as "apply", not "spend".

So Dojo Room, Exilus and Dojo Weapons crafting would not count.

But that's a blind guess... Maybe someone could simply try with an Exilus crafting ? Launch it, check whether it validates, cancel (the simple fact we can cancel it makes me think it doesn't work 😛?

Edited by Chewarette

7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

We won't know for sure before trying, but I'm pretty sure they mean "use" as "apply", not "spend".

So Dojo Room, Exilus and Dojo Weapons crafting would not count.

But that's a blind guess... Maybe someone could simply try with an Exilus crafting ? Launch it, check whether it validates, cancel (the simple fact we can cancel it makes me think it doesn't work 😛?

Cancel ? I don't think you can cancel any projects in your Foundry... 

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Cancel ? I don't think you can cancel any projects in your Foundry... 

You can since 19.3, that refunds everything except Argon Crystals.

Edit: Sorry, 19.13.

Foundry Cancelling

• Foundry items can now be cancelled while in the ‘Build’ stage, and all resources (except Argon) will be refunded back to you instantly! This is done by clicking the red 'X' on the item itself in the Foundry Screen. You no longer need to make a Support Ticket to undo an accidental crafting - you have the power now!  

Edited by Chewarette