Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitruvian t-shirt's soon?

Rhundis

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if there was any news regarding the Vitruvian t-shirt design that some of us pre-ordered back in Nov. The site said it's "expected" to ship late March 2019 and seeing as we're at that point I figured I would bring up the topic.

In terms of delivery, will we receive an email saying when it's shipped? I'd like to be aware if it has so I can expect a package between a certain date, etc.

44 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if there was any news regarding the Vitruvian t-shirt design that some of us pre-ordered back in Nov. The site said it's "expected" to ship late March 2019 and seeing as we're at that point I figured I would bring up the topic.

In terms of delivery, will we receive an email saying when it's shipped? I'd like to be aware if it has so I can expect a package between a certain date, etc.

I contacted the store a couple of weeks ago about my order and was told they will ship at the end of this month...which I guess means this week. Then its just a matter of how long it takes for the shipment to get to wherever you are.

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I contacted the store a couple of weeks ago about my order and was told they will ship at the end of this month...which I guess means this week. Then its just a matter of how long it takes for the shipment to get to wherever you are.

Neat.

20 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

by my experience that's about 12 more weeks for me >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I contracted the Store CS specifically about the T-Shirt on March 21 (figured that was close enough to the END OF MARCH stated on the Order Page:
https://store.warframe.com/products/vitruvian-t-shirt-limited-time-pre-order

I assumed that this would be close enough to The End of March for an update.  I assumed wrong.  For the much good that DE is their Store-based Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired.  The reply to the March 21 inquiry was:

MARCH 21 2019:
Unfortunately at this time, late March is the best we have in terms of time frame. I am incredibly sorry I cannot be more specific.  

Regards,

Warframe Store Customer Support

At 2 AM this morning April 9 2019 I had NOT received any notice or udpate or further response as to my order that was due to ship at the "End of March", so I contacted the Store-based Support ocne again.  Stating this time that DE was in breach of it's own obligation after already taking receipt of payment for a product that was due to ship at the End of March adn not shipping said product at thje expected date/time.

After which I managed to receive the following response at 9:38AM this morning:

APRIL 9 2019 - 9:38AM:
Due to the overwhelming support for these Warframe pre-order items, it has taken our manufacturers longer than anticipated to create and send the Vitruvian Shirts and the initial batch of Umbra statues to us for shipment. As soon as we receive these items to our warehouse, we will make sure to send your order as quickly as we're able. We apologize for not being able to give a more precise date for shipment. Please know, when your order goes out, we will make sure to email you with a tracking number so you can monitor your order's delivery progress.

Regards,

Warframe Store Customer Support

So the additoional snippet of information is that they received a lareger than anticipated number of orders, so there is a delay in shipping.

This SHOULD NOT have taken an abrupt series of Emails to get this information for something that was pre-paid for up front.  DE's customer service in that a customer had to through a series fo emails find a tiny bit of udpated information reagarding the delay instead of the company hiding what is happening.

A statement at the End of March SHOULD HAVE gone out to anyone that placed an order with an update staus of their order and an updated shipping schedule  ( which is still not clear and reads as the order is delayed indefinitely until we tell the customers otherwise.).

Transparency is much better than being dsimissve here DE.

I will be patient for now - but at some point soon either I will expect a refund or a more clear and concise explanation as to where my purchased product is and when I should expect to receive it.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHT --- DE has been blind-sided with an influx of traffic over the past 12-18 months for various things -- Ash Prime giveaway -- Nidus/Khora Debacle and this current Vitruvian Limited Time Order.  Although it's impossible to knwo what the future has coming, DE should have plenty of user data (at least on the development side) to be able to forecast trends with the game.  TRhe Ash Prime giveaway for example seemed like at the time DE anticipated 50-100 players chiming in for the free Prime frame then got 500,000 instead.  Do teh developers look at the public facing numbers on the YT or Twitch channels ?  Most of the content DE posts gets a ton of viewership.  And I would hope that DE is keeping tabs on the data the game itself generates (or notices trends like an uptick in user attendance at event s liek TennoCon).  It sounds like DE nee4ds to hire some Analyists who can give them a better target for situations like I've mentioned.

The issue is the fact that every single time DE keeps stating that it was "overwhelmed" by the response of X. STOP being naive and overwhelmed.  Learn from the past and figure these issues out moving foreward. Hire staff that would help alleviate these kinds of problems what ever skillset they might be. The next time around - maybe get quotes for 500 - 1000 - 5000 - 10k - 50k - 100k - 250k - 500k (whatever the total order quantity ended up being -- it's printing 101) and the timelines that each would required - then pad those numbers by 10%. Then give THAT timeline to Marketing. After that short of a major screw up you'd hit your target dates and printing allottment.

If you hired an old man that works alone in his basement hand-painting the T-shirts one at a time then Yes - 4 months for 100,000 to 500,000* orders is unreasonable and we should not expect our orders before 2030 (or when the old man dies - which ever comes first). But whatever the numbers are - if DE contracted with a decent sized printing house then a 500,000* capacity within 4 months is not unrealistic in the slightest.

*I am making up numbers here for the sake of the examples only. And I have a background in graphic design and am well aware of the capabilities of a range of scale companies that could or could not handle a huge influx order.

TL;DR: There is a pattern of DE failing to anticipate their growth scale as if they are still thinking they are a "mom n pop" operation. Which in turn is causing them major fail points on a large scale. They need to recognize this and adapt accordingly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uberfu said:

There is a pattern of DE failing to anticipate their growth scale as if they are still thinking they are a "mom n pop" operation. Which in turn is causing them major fail points on a large scale. They need to recognize this and adapt accordingly.

I mean... That is a prevalent issue for DE in pretty much every single thing they do (maybe outside the Tennocon, because those seem to be ok organised).

Don't panic peeps.

I was just about to contact the shop again when I got the following email. Looks like they are now anticipating shipping in May...

Dear Tenno who pre-ordered the Vitruvian T-Shirts:

We have an important update about your order. Unfortunately, we need a little more time to get your order to you. The new ship date for your order is early May. If you have additional items in your order, they will ship once the t-shirt is ready. A confirmation email will be sent out once items have shipped.

We are incredibly sorry for this delay. Our focus is to deliver high-quality t-shirts, and because these are cut and sewn, we want to take the extra time to get it right.

We look forward to getting your t-shirt into your hands, and we thank you for your goodwill during this delay!

Digital Extremes

:satisfied:

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Don't panic peeps.

I was just about to contact the shop again when I got the following email. Looks like they are now anticipating shipping in May...

lucky you. I got a mail that said mine will ship mid june

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, (PS4)SHOKING_KNIGHT said:

I couldn't order one of these in time. WTB vitruvian shirt $50-75 in whatever form you want. preferably medium, but if larger I'll get it tailored. I am not kidding either.

Contact info: 

Email: rueldonovan@gmail.com

PSN: Shoking_Knight

Hmm.

If these really are limited edition and won't be available again, I can't see any buyers being prepared to part with theirs, except for stupid offers.

Then again, depending on how they feel this pre-order run has gone, I could see DE having another batch made up - maybe next year...

Might be worth emailing the shop to enquire about the possibility of future shirt runs.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

So, basically...Soon™ :thinking:

Thats disappointing. Software development issues are one thing, but just how hard is it to make t-shirts these days?

I know right? I'd be nice if they at least said "hey, don't worry we haven't forgotten. It's just taking longer than expected." As an email, cause if this takes a whole year for me to get then that's just silly and they shouldn't put shirts up on the store like this unless they have them premade or a decent provider.

A reason for the delay would also be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rhundis said:

I know right? I'd be nice if they at least said "hey, don't worry we haven't forgotten. It's just taking longer than expected." As an email, cause if this takes a whole year for me to get then that's just silly and they shouldn't put shirts up on the store like this unless they have them premade or a decent provider.

A reason for the delay would also be appreciated.

I got an email in april (I think) that informed me that my shipment would be delayed to mid june. but then again I bought the whole pack (statue and shirts).

check your spam folder maybe, my mail was in there

3 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

I got an email in april (I think) that informed me that my shipment would be delayed to mid june. but then again I bought the whole pack (statue and shirts).

check your spam folder maybe, my mail was in there

I got the email mid February but my email said early May in bold. Though I only bought the t-shirt. Still funny how people got different emails with different dates.

6 minutes ago, Lyghfe said:

bought the statue aswell. So I assume he was saying that he thinks so aswell.
Still kinda weird to let people, who spend more money than us shirt peasants, wait even longer, lul

the shipping of the statues was delayed (according to the mail) because they got way more orders than they expected and the company was able to make in the planned amount of time

and since the shirts and statues get sent in on package it's not that weird

actual quote from the mail

Our focus while working with Digital Extremes on Umbra has been to deliver the highest quality Warframe statue to date. As such, all statues are hand cast and hand painted. While we originally planned to produce and ship all these statues by March, the amount of statues ordered blew past our expectations. We tried our best to meet this new demand in the same time frame. However, when it became apparent that we would have to sacrifice quality to meet this we decided to take the extra time to get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to Necro a thread, but it's Now June and I "Still" have not heard any news regarding the Virtruvian T-shirt delivery status. I guarantee that if i try to ask support about it i'll get an automated message stating something like the above comments so i wont bother. But i'd at least like to know how far along they are in regards to shipping.

Le 03/06/2019 à 23:38, Rhundis a dit :

Not trying to Necro a thread, but it's Now June and I "Still" have not heard any news regarding the Virtruvian T-shirt delivery status.

Same here :( tried to contact support to see what they will say.

14 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I'm getting quite concerned by this now. I sent an e-mail to the Warframe store, requesting an update, on May 22nd but received no reply.

Have sent another one today. If I don't get a reply by the end of the month, I'm cancelling my order.

Well let us know if you hear anything back.