Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make it easier to farm [Atmo Systems], right now it's torture.

IronSteelEX

As per the title. Please make it easier to farm [Atmo Systems], or lower the required number to advance to Hand rank of Vox Solaris. Right now it's torture to farm in Heists or Profit Taker for someone without uber maxed-out weapons or frames, also because no one seems to want to team up for these missions in recruitment chat. Seriously, for the past few weeks it's very rare to see people ask or respond in recruitment chat for Profit Taker or Heist team-ups. This is making the game frustrating & downright depressing for me, something you shouldn't feel too often while trying to have fun in a game.

Just reading the comments on this wiki shows that i'm not alone, and am supported by the majority.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Atmo_Systems?page=1#article-comments

Other than these frustrations, thanks for your ongoing work on the game.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I suggest buying it from little duck. Not ideal, perhaps, but an alternative nonetheless. Specially easy if you get those 6k/12k toroids from the orbs.

You can only buy Atmo Systems from Little Duck at Hand rank of Vox Solaris onwards. You need 10 Atmo Systems to even get to Hand. I have more than enough extra Toroids to buy all required Atmo & Repeller Systems for all rank ups, but have been stuck at Agent level for weeks due to not enough Atmo Systems dropping from Heists & Profit taker being too hard for me to solo currently.

Edited by IronSteelEX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I suggest buying it from little duck. Not ideal, perhaps, but an alternative nonetheless. Specially easy if you get those 6k/12k toroids from the orbs.

How is that an alternative if you need them in the first place to reach the level of Hand and you can only buy them from Little Duck when you're Hand?

edit: got ninja'd by OP

Edited by residente
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IronSteelEX said:

You can only buy Atmo Systems from Little Duck at Hand rank of Vox Solaris onwards. You need 10 Atmo Systems to even get to Hand. I have more than enough extra Toroids to buy all required Atmo & Repeller Systems for all rank ups, but have been stuck at Agent level for weeks due to not enough Atmo Systems dropping from Heists & Profit taker being too hard for me to solo currently.

Oh. I forgot about that. Sorry for my misinformation, OP. And best luck with it anyway.

25 minutes ago, IronSteelEX said:

As per the title. Please make it easier to farm [Atmo Systems], or lower the required number to advance to Hand rank of Vox Solaris. Right now it's torture to farm in Heists or Profit Taker for someone without uber maxed-out weapons or frames, also because no one seems to want to team up for these missions in recruitment chat. Seriously, for the past few weeks it's very rare to see people ask or respond in recruitment chat for Profit Taker or Heist team-ups. This is making the game frustrating & downright depressing for me, something you shouldn't feel too often while trying to have fun in a game.

Just reading the comments on this wiki shows that i'm not alone, and am supported by the majority.

try with second heist is the fastest one not either hard to archive, rest just rng just like anything else in warframe

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

try with second heist is the fastest one not either hard to archive, rest just rng just like anything else in warframe

I'm speaking for others as well. If you look at the comments at the bottom of the wiki you'll see that many are suffering as well:

Quote: "50 runs and no atmos...here are my 'dis' words. Disheartening, dispiriting, discouraging, dismaying, depressing, distressing, disenchanting."

I've spent many hours doing heists the past few weeks with only 4 Atmo's dropping so far. Managed to hoard hundreds of thousands of Vox standing worth of Toroids, still stuck at Agent rank of Vox Solaris...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronSteelEX said:

I'm speaking for others as well. If you look at the comments at the bottom of the wiki you'll see that many are suffering as well:

Quote: "50 runs and no atmos...here are my 'dis' words. Disheartening, dispiriting, discouraging, dismaying, depressing, distressing, disenchanting."

I've spent many hours doing heists the past few weeks with only 4 Atmo's dropping so far. Managed to hoard hundreds of thousands of Vox standing worth of Toroids, still stuck at Agent rank of Vox Solaris...

indeed maybe a boost/change is required for such components in order to advance inside syn till u reach Hand rank

I Just completed 34 runs of Heist Phase 2, not a single Atmo Systems drop. I did quite a few Phase 3 too, but it's difficult for me to do solo, and there's this weird bug where if I take too long i don't get any Heist reward: It just shows me the regular "extraction" screen upon reaching Fortuna. Happened a few times so it's not a rare bug.

Edited by IronSteelEX

Yeah, I need two Atmo Systems to get to the rank where I can buy them. I had a run of Deity-Level luck with the heists and had Atmos drop twice for me in a single day. Nothing since then.

I just would like to see data from DE about "projected drop rate vs. actual drop rate" across entire player base. RNG often makes things feel like they're not working right, but still...it feels like it's not working right.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2

I finally got the last two atmo systems I needed to clear the rank to where I can now buy them if I need them. That was excruciating.

Without fail, in every group I've run the heists with, if Atmo Systems dropped, everyone would type in all caps in the squad chat things like "WHAAAAT?" and "HOLY CRAP!" and "OMG FINALLY!" (along with a liberal sprinkling of asterisks replacing enough profanity to make a pirate's parrot faint). 

Might need a second look, is all I'm saying.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 3

On 2019-04-04 at 11:21 AM, beol said:

I'm stuck on these things too.

I believe I might be beating my head against them and letting it get to me, had I not my nightwave FOMO chores to distract myself with. 

Yeah, i would be more accepting if this was some rare prime weapon or item, but now this is just hampering progress in the game.

On 2019-04-04 at 9:16 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I finally got the last two atmo systems I needed to clear the rank to where I can now buy them if I need them. That was excruciating.

Without fail, in every group I've run the heists with, if Atmo Systems dropped, everyone would type in all caps in the squad chat things like "WHAAAAT?" and "HOLY CRAP!" and "OMG FINALLY!" (along with a liberal sprinkling of asterisks replacing enough profanity to make a pirate's parrot faint). 

Congrats! This gives me a tiny bit more strength to keep up the (senseless) grind! Still dry here 😭

On 2019-04-04 at 3:16 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Or just straight up **** when the nth repeller drops.

Something as bad when many people have more repeller systems then Atmo.

And grats that you got through.

• 2 years later...
On 2021-06-07 at 12:39 AM, (PSN)Seethman said:

This is still a problem, as of June 2021.

Two hours at about 3 minutes a run... Not a single drop. And I need *eight* of them, so even when (if!) they do, I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN. 

Agree. I want Magus Lockdown but this is miserable. I've been stuck at the 3rd rank for almost a year now. Every few weeks, I will try for a few days to get it but it's just too frustrating to keep up for long. Why do I have ALL the rare rewards and still no Atmo Systems at all (which are ostensibly just uncommon rewards)? I get relics constantly and am sitting on quite a few repeller systems, just no Atmo. I actually just quit mid-mission a few minutes ago because I can't even bring myself to finish after getting ANOTHER relic I'll never Crack. 

There's something going on here that isn't very clear. For example,with Scintilant (another "common" drop) you are less likely to get common rewards if you complete the sub-objective. This is made worse by the fact that you actually have to actively prevent yourself from doing that on low ranked missions where they can be earned. Or how you can screw yourself while mining with the wrong tool. You can actually eliminate any chance of getting that rare gems you want no matter how long you try because of this obscure fact. All I'm saying is that this game is not completely RNG...

Edited by StoneGh0st

So Atmo Systems is still Broken I see...

I got mine just before this Thread was created and even I'm still pissed off by this Grind (and Fortuna in general).

Please Fix !!! 😐

On 2019-03-31 at 11:53 PM, IronSteelEX said:

also because no one seems to want to team up for these missions in recruitment chat.

Yeah these things almost seemed to be designed to function Better if you're alone.... And Armed to the Grills.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Several hours still trying, not a single Atmo System dropped... I get everything else on thereward table except Atmo Systems...

This is honestly the reason I took a two year break from the game in the first place, because of how annoying it was to get Atmo Systems to rank up... I came back a couple weeks ago to explore the new content I've missed, decided to try out ranking up with Vox Solarus once again... Annnnd yep.  Seems I'll never get a Cetus Brace at this rate.

But seeing as this still seems to be an issue to this day, I take it things will never change. 

DE: Please, people rarely team up for these missions to farm such things, and solo players need to have the right kit to solo efficiently... Can you please make it so we are guaranteed even 1 of each system related to bounty stage? At least then it isn't an RNG stonewall keeping people who are far too busy to farm 24/7 from advancing. Hell at this point I'd even pay for the three system types on the Market.

On 2019-03-31 at 2:53 PM, IronSteelEX said:

Do the second mission of the heist over and over. It just requires you to be able to kill 3 capture targets and a couple ambulas. That being said the odds of the specific loot dropping are still kind of abysmal.

6 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

Do the second mission of the heist over and over. It just requires you to be able to kill 3 capture targets and a couple ambulas. That being said the odds of the specific loot dropping are still kind of abysmal.

And that's still an issue. That's what I grinded for hours on today and still no Atmo Systems.  

Honestly I wish they'd just have them be guaranteed rewards depending on performance rather than RNG us into the dirt. I swear they feel like a 0.01 drop chance as a reward. 

But.. If this has been a problem as long as this thread has been around, I'm afraid nothing will ever change. Which is odd because they lowered the costs to make Certus Braces and other Fortuna Amp parts, but said nothing about tweaking this literally bonkers grind.  

8 minutes ago, Spark_Daddy said:

And that's still an issue. That's what I grinded for hours on today and still no Atmo Systems.  

Honestly I wish they'd just have them be guaranteed rewards depending on performance rather than RNG us into the dirt. I swear they feel like a 0.01 drop chance as a reward. 

But.. If this has been a problem as long as this thread has been around, I'm afraid nothing will ever change. Which is odd because they lowered the costs to make Certus Braces and other Fortuna Amp parts, but said nothing about tweaking this literally bonkers grind.  

If it makes you feel better the equivalents on deimos are guaranteed drops from each tier of bounty from the mechs guarding the vaults. And I really wish something had mentioned that oh my god I could have saved so much time trying to get the one part.

1 minute ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

If it makes you feel better the equivalents on deimos are guaranteed drops from each tier of bounty from the mechs guarding the vaults. And I really wish something had mentioned that oh my god I could have saved so much time trying to get the one part.

Aye, I'm thankful for that. But good lord I just want to build with a Certus Brace but I and others, are stonewalled by the abysmal drop chance for Atmo-Systems. The least DE could do is have it so we can buy them with standing at the FIRST rank, instead of having to getto Hand first. Or just make them guaranteed rewards for doing the bounties? Like 1 System type for each bounty phase done perfectly with the bonuses accomplished?  

I stopped playing warframe 2 years ago over this issue, came back recently, and this problem still persists. I'm still stuck in Noob Mode because I can't get past this to make the right amp needed to grind Eidolons, or deal with Railjack Orphix missions.