Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2nd Energy Color tied to Forma

so_many_watermelons

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/1813170373219621977/

I'm basically just recreating/crossposting? a thread I made on Steam, here, because I felt it does belong on the official Feedback forum too, to hopefully be discussed.

The short of it is: I think it's a somewhat lame decision, because many Prime things have excellent polarities by default, and I don't feel like many of my things need forma for practical reasons, but if I want to have fun with the 2nd energy color on them, I need to essentially waste. Newer Primes, especially melees, come with plenty of polarities before even considering the +10 capacity from stance mods. 

I'm not really complaining though, because I understand it realistically is just a non-issue with a bonus cosmetic feature. I also understand that it may have been DE's intention, to make players feel that urge to forma things, even if just to unlock the 2nd energy color despite their build not necessitating it. Whole carrot and stick thing, sure, no problem, I understand.

The main bit, is that regardless/if it wasn't so intentional, my two cents on the matter would be that it seems shortsighted is all, somewhat counter productive to maybe impractically waste forma for a cosmetic effect.

Edited by so_many_watermelons
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Well I cants see fecking difference on excalibur for example. Nothing changes. But somehow I can see second color on syandana so its like... a really minor change if it changes anything.

Its in abilities mostly. the energy lines on frames don't show the second one. Frames like Rev however that have actual particles do. I run a pink+blue combo on Nova and Hildryn, and those show them off extremely well in abilities.

Its also very dependent of the color choice. Green for example really does not work well with others unless its a very dark one. So you need to strike a balance.

MaXnl31.jpg
^ Nova 1 & 4 have a blue core (secondary) and a pink outline (primary) with my colors

this is not such a good decision of them.

being forced to have forma on items, for just a coloring feature does not strike me well, to be frank.

If some people forma all of their stuff in general, doesn't mean others feel the need to do so.

and this feature now forces people who don't, to do so, in order to get that second energy color, if so they wish, of course.

so, i do not really agree by the way this feature is implemented/executed.
i mean, the whole locked behind forma'ing item(s), coz it feels like a forced thing.

sure we have weapons/frames we have forma'ed to fit in the mods we like, but not all of them, coz we might not be seeing a reason to do so, for our reasons.

not good of them to have yet another gate thing implemented for just a coloring feature, which should be free, to be frank.

Edited by No1Eye

3 hours ago, No1Eye said:

this is not such a good decision of them.

being forced to have forma on items, for just a coloring feature does not strike me well, to be frank.

If some people forma all of their stuff in general, doesn't mean others feel the need to do so.

and this feature now forces people who don't, to do so, in order to get that second energy color, if so they wish, of course.

so, i do not really agree by the way this feature is implemented/executed.
i mean, the whole locked behind forma'ing item(s), coz it feels like a forced thing.

sure we have weapons/frames we have forma'ed to fit in the mods we like, but not all of them, coz we might not be seeing a reason to do so, for our reasons.

not good of them to have yet another gate thing implemented for just a coloring feature, which should be free, to be frank.

You are not forced to do anything. You were given an extra option. If you don't have a forma and don't use one, absolutely nothing has changed and you've lost nothing. Most people will probably have put at least 1 forma on gear that they use all the time and want that extra bit of fashion on.

I added a second color to a syandana, obviously that can't have a forma on it and it shouldn't be reliant on the frame it's on, so that's a case it doesn't even matter out of the possibilities.