Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying inconsistencies

TioMegaManX

Here is something interesting, when you are going "stealth" in most of the star chart you can be next to the enemies, maybe 2 meters around them in any direction and they may take a full 5 seconds to notice you, but THEN you go to places like PoE, sneeze from a mile away from any Grineer camp and immediately you hear "Unicorns Potter!" and every gun from said camp and all other nearby settlements gets pointed at you, may be a feature to discourage people from doing side content like fishing, conservation or mining tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I just need one more thing from Plain's Bounties then im done.

I really like the side content in those places because bounties are kind of tedious most of the time, they also don't even give enough standing as it is, sometimes I make sure to clear the nearby camps but the unicorn obsessed Grineer can spot me from across the map and don't let me do my thing.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

I really like the side content in those places because bounties are kind of tedious most of the time, they also don't even give enough standing as it is, sometimes I make sure to clear the nearby camps but the unicorn obsessed Grineer can spot me from across the map and don't let me do my thing.

Ignore them? Tidbit, unlike the orb vallis they won't chase you past the camp and will give up on you

Just now, Whitestrake0 said:

Ignore them? Tidbit, unlike the orb vallis they won't chase you past the camp and will give up on you

I can ignore some of those gunshots, but not the mortar, the flying enemies and the dropships, not to mention they can kill animals, blow my cover, kill me when I am mining, etc.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You just have to know the secret places to fish and mine. Islands in the middle of the lake and in the south east are devoid of annoying sentients and Grineer. If you promptly kill the annoying butterfly kites, the Grineer in that area are done for indefinitely. You won't encounter them again unless you're on a frequented patrol path.  There are many streams and lakes far away from sentients and Grineer. Lastly, the geyser lake has a cave that you can clear out all the Grineer or sentients and mine the 50 some odd veins in peace.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I really like the side content in those places

What Side Content ? :O

Just now, Whitestrake0 said:

This isn't true.... during a tridolon I got Bugged and couldn't move.... I needed something to kill me so I could move again... my team mate was kind enough to lure some grineers from a nearby camp and they gave me the sweet release of death. 

I didn't say it was HUGE, only side content, mini-games basically.

But.... its basically nothing.... more importantly if it weren't for  rhe quilss I wouldn't be doing them at all and now that Arcanes come pre made watch me never ever fish and mine ever again. 😄

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But.... its basically nothing.... more importantly if it weren't for  rhe quilss I wouldn't be doing them at all and now that Arcanes come pre made watch me never ever fish and mine ever again. 😄

I still need Ostron standing for Zaw arcanes and pieces among other things, fishing is way better than doing bounties for that, conservation also gives some nice chunks with rare animals captured.

I can ignore some of those gunshots, but not the mortar, the flying enemies and the dropships, not to mention they can kill animals, blow my cover, kill me when I am mining, etc.

Also, Gouls will chase you to hell the Void if the need. 

I would like to be able to fish or mine without have to cause a genocide in the area everytime 😁

Honestly warframe has been needing a detection overhaul for a while and this is a piece of the puzzle. There should be more ninjas can do to stealth up and fish. We have very particular frames that can go about there business as long as they brought pizzas for lunch, but the biggest problem with these "side content" is that they are both in the way of the normal game, and the normal game is in the way of them. It would be okay if we had a way to lower the likelihood of being caught, perhaps through a gear item.

46 minutes ago, F8ted said:

Honestly warframe has been needing a detection overhaul for a while and this is a piece of the puzzle. There should be more ninjas can do to stealth up and fish. We have very particular frames that can go about there business as long as they brought pizzas for lunch, but the biggest problem with these "side content" is that they are both in the way of the normal game, and the normal game is in the way of them. It would be okay if we had a way to lower the likelihood of being caught, perhaps through a gear item.

My suggestion would be a few more levels of alert, sometimes you get spotted, eliminate all enemies before they touch the nearest alarm button and it doesn't matter because a single enemy two rooms away triggered the alarm, is a typical case of half-baked stealth mechanics in games where once an enemy spots you they all know where you are, only games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 did a decent job in that regard, enemy sees something, you hide, if not spotted they return to their patrol if they spot you, they go for cover, uses radio, either gets neutralized and a patrol is sent to verify or is taken down before using the radio and thus the alarm doesn't go off, let's not forget enemies in warframe see through walls so no amount of hiding other than turning invisible would allow you to stop them from spawning.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My suggestion would be a few more levels of alert, sometimes you get spotted, eliminate all enemies before they touch the nearest alarm button and it doesn't matter because a single enemy two rooms away triggered the alarm, is a typical case of half-baked stealth mechanics in games where once an enemy spots you they all know where you are, only games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 did a decent job in that regard, enemy sees something, you hide, if not spotted they return to their patrol if they spot you, they go for cover, uses radio, either gets neutralized and a patrol is sent to verify or is taken down before using the radio and thus the alarm doesn't go off, let's not forget enemies in warframe see through walls so no amount of hiding other than turning invisible would allow you to stop them from spawning.

Yeah that's a decent way. Requires a bit of effort and runs into the problem of warframe, even in stealth, being fast paced. Better player ability to detect enemies and more ability to return them to un-alerted would be great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I still need Ostron standing for Zaw arcanes and pieces among other things, fishing is way better than doing bounties for that, conservation also gives some nice chunks with rare animals captured.

You could try taking down some Thumpers... A 4 Minute With one of them drops 6 Hours worth of Resources...

Edited by Lutesque
  • Like 1

yup noticed this after coming back to plains after a long time ,

i have a few spots where i can fish or mine with peace as long as i take out the occasional patrol squad.

but the conservation is a problem as they are usually with LOS of a camp, i managed to get all the kuaka , 2 of the condroc types by just running nearby the entrance to cetus without doing any lure spots,

i dont think those weird ass bird reptile things appear without lures, i managed to get 5 of those but i had to be extra stealthy , i also stay invisible throughout and ensure there are no enemies before i start.

not a pleasant activity , especially as i need to keep looking up and can miss enemies nearing me on ground and sometimes the grineer bombard an area cause they have some sort of special hatred of plains animals.

As pleasant as conservation on vallis was , it needs to be relooked on the plains.

They should literally expand the plains to 3 times its size for it to be successful for conservation or make enemies less eagle eyed.

I wonder if rakta dark dagger can help.

Side note:i would like vallis to have random spawning animals too ,just a "lucky encounter" thing

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You could try taking down some Thumpers... A 4 Minute With one of them drops 6 Hours worth of Resources...

Yeah, currently they are a great alternative and worth taking down, but sometimes a whole Large Norg also helps, rarer animals too.

• Like 1