Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Needs Change: The Revision

MisterYurei

Wolf. We’ve all heard and maybe, on the rare occasion, fought him. But there are foreseeable problems with Wolf that are being ignored by DE entirely. I’ve made 2 posts already about this issue to little to no conversation, and I think we must bring this to the attention of DE now, sooner than later. Consider this my outline of how Wolf could be improved, and what needs to be done to make him even worth the effort.

His Spawnrate:

It was noted back in Devstream #125 that Wolf’s spawnrate would increase as the event went on. This is, more apparent now than ever, a flat out lie. Wolf has not increased in spawnrate whatsoever, for me, and for many others. It is the very small off chance that he does show up, and when he does, it isn’t even worth while with the next few points I will make. If there is a change in spawnrate, it is surely by very little, as it could be summaraized as a 0.1% increase each week, which in my eyes, is quite sad. Perhaps increase his spawnrate by increments of 5% or 10% each week, that way players have a better chance at getting an encounter per mission, capping it off at the end of the event at around 60-80% of the time, making him very frequent.

His Fight:

Wolf is easily described as the most tanky enemy in the game, and while this has been nominally reduced (though it is not very noticeable), he is still a lumbering goliath that takes 10-15 minutes to defeat. He is not affected by status procs, nor Warframe abilities, which both do not make any marginal sense. Make him affected by SOMETHING, doesn’t have to be all abilities or procs, but something that will affect him and make his fight at least a tad bit easier to manage. 

He now spawns with these three invincible fugitives which have no place in his fight whatsoever. Of course once, or if you even get the chance to, defeat Wolf, you have to then defeat the fugitives which spawn in at his level. At least make them vulnerable to damage so that way they can be prioritized and taken out, lessening the load of the fight.

His Drops and Droprates:

Holy crap, we need to talk about this. Imagine:

You finally encounter Wolf, and after whittling down his health and defeating him, you get an Eleventh Storm. Yeah. You heard right. A Stance that can be farmed out easily in a variety of ways.

Multiply that scenario by 21 and you have my current experience. Really DE?! Out of all the kinds of drop tables you’ve made, this is the most scummiest and idiotic. Where uncommon mods that I have over 200 of have a higher chance to drop than the COMMON PARTS TO HIS WEAPON, AN EVENT EXCLUSIVE MIND YOU, it’s rude to say, but I call bullS#&$.

My recommendation for this is simple and easy to do. Take after what you did for the Acolytes long ago, and make his drop table only event. Exclusive. Things. Not just filler you threw in to encourage more player activity. Yeah, I’m accusing you of that DE. The fact that you don’t make it only Sledge Parts and include filler like you did for Stalker is cold and sad. Truly you could have done better than this. So much better. Yet you threw it away for the 900th Molten Fury you had lying around.

Closing Statements:

Look, I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed. The Wolf Of Saturn Six Nightwave could have been a very cool and interesting event. But there are so many things that were done wrong in its conception. And hell, I haven’t even touched on the problems with Nightwave as a whole. I’m just hoping DE sees this, because this is something that needs fixing, and now. Because the way I see it, I’m better off buying a set off of someone for a large amount of platinum than actually trying to farm for it and getting disappointed each time, like going to Baro and getting primed ammo mutations and impact mods, but that’s another story for another day.

• Like 1

I'm less worried about the wolf and more worried about "Nightwave Field Bosses" in general, because despite me having bought the sledge this time I'm afraid if DE makes the next infested/corpus field boss the same petty grind as the wolf.

And needless to say I faced him 5 times now, at 3 weeks from the current nightwave end, defeated him 3 times and got 0 drops from him. It seems DE and the community have different definitions of "more common" and they even add a rare spawn chance on top of a low drop, non guaranteed, chance.

I wonder what the goal with this approach to nightwave is, because I highly doubt even 5% of the community managed to get all 4 parts to drop. Either way the other average 95% will have to spend plat to get the weapon, and I hope this doesn't happen in the next event.

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

I'm just waiting for him to get "annoying" due to high spawn rates mentioned by DE somewhere. Think it was a Steve's twitter post.

That's what I thought at first. Now not so much at 3 weeks away from the 10 week deadline. And knowing he only increases his spawn rate every two weeks that means that we're potentially looking at one more buff in a week from now. The last buff. And he's still pretty much as rare as he was on week one.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

That's what I thought at first. Now not so much at 3 weeks away from the 10 week deadline. And knowing he only increases his spawn rate every two weeks that means that we're potentially looking at one more buff in a week from now. The last buff. And he's still pretty much as rare as he was on week one.

I've only seen him 3 times and been farming relics while trying to get him to spawn. Can agree it doesn't seem like it change much. 

Side note: 10 Weeks was announces as "about 10 weeks" so it not a hard time yet. Maybe it will run a little longer to help let people get it.