Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discounts on console players should be usable on bundles or usable multiple times

(NSW)Belaptir

As title says. On pc, players can buy platinum at incredible discounted prices sometimes (up to 75%) and, while I understand that's not possible on consoles (reason why we have the market discounts) it puts us console players in a worse position. When I get a plat discount on pc, I can stock platinum and buy loads of things with a discount from the market (the price of the item is the same, but given that I bought the currency on discount, I am paying less real money for each item than if I buy platinum at full price).

On consoles, however, this doesn't happen. We get a coupon to get 1 single item purchase from the market at a discounted price and then the coupon disappears. I know that plat discounts are harder to get on consoles for all the licensing and stuff, and I'm ok with that. However, if I can buy on pc 1000 plats with a 75% discount and then spend it all on the market or wherever, I should be able to get, on console, a discount coupon that allows me to buy at least more than one single item.

So my options here are 2:

Either allow bundles to be purchased with the discount coupon

Or allow us to buy multiple items with the same coupon (say each coupon allows you to purchase up to 5 discounted items).

On one hand you understand why consoles have the coupons the way they are.
At the same time you seem to not understand that this has to do with contracts DE has with Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. DE can't just change these coupons. They have to talk to the other companies and they have to give their ok.

And now comes my question:
Why would Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony want to implement one of your ideas? What's in for them?

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

On one hand you understand why consoles have the coupons the way they are.
At the same time you seem to not understand that this has to do with contracts DE has with Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. DE can't just change these coupons. They have to talk to the other companies and they have to give their ok.

And now comes my question:
Why would Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony want to implement one of your ideas? What's in for them?

Uhm... as far as I understand it, the discount coupons we get on console (which are discounts to buy a single item of the market, not platinum) have nothing to do with the console developers at all. What they give us in console is not a discount to buy platinum and hence cut the prices of the items bought on the eshop, but a discount to buy the items from the market of the game (which are bought with platinum, not with money). Why should any of the console brands have to do anything with those coupons?

EDIT: Maybe to a certain extent they might have something to say, but as I understand it, I buy X platinum from the eshop at a fixed price and then, that platinum is mine to spend. How I do it shouldn't be decided by, in this case, Nintendo.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir

A work around could be to make it a daily % off bonus instead of a one time deal(I actually didn’t know it was a one time coupon I’m new, thought it lasted at least a day). They already have it in the game in the form of boosters, just need to apply the same idea to the discount. 

This doesn’t necessarily alleviate the issue of not being able to just stock up on plat, but it does at least make it a bit more fair to console players if they have a whole day with the discount. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Humblepuffin said:

A work around could be to make it a daily % off bonus instead of a one time deal(I actually didn’t know it was a one time coupon I’m new, thought it lasted at least a day). They already have it in the game in the form of boosters, just need to apply the same idea to the discount. 

This doesn’t necessarily alleviate the issue of not being able to just stock up on plat, but it does at least make it a bit more fair to console players if they have a whole day with the discount. 

My point exactly. I understand why plat discounts are not a thing, that's why I'm not asking for discounts to be on plat.

But if the discount coupon we have for the market would last for a day or, at least, for more than one item, it would be more fair to console players.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

My point exactly. I understand why plat discounts are not a thing, that's why I'm not asking for discounts to be on plat.

But if the discount coupon we have for the market would last for a day or, at least, for more than one item, it would be more fair to console players.

There is certainly a way to gate it if “75% off all day is OP” by limiting the number of sales to 10 or so, but personally I don’t see the issue with % off all day. 

I gotta say this thread really put a damper on my plans for my next boost lol. Was totally planning on buying plat and grabbing a ton of color palettes but now I guess I’ll have to be more selective. 

Another idea I had that wouldn’t require a rework of the coupon itself, just make the % off pop up more often for console players. Personally I would prefer it just last a day or allow for more purchases than 1, but this might be an easier fix.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

EDIT: Maybe to a certain extent they might have something to say, but as I understand it, I buy X platinum from the eshop at a fixed price and then, that platinum is mine to spend. How I do it shouldn't be decided by, in this case, Nintendo.

They basically entered a 3rd party marketplace by signing up with nintendo and they gotta get something out of it. Nobody knows their contract stipulations except DE themselves of course but it wouldn't be unheard of. Just think about it, their business is about getting a large cut from the sales on their market. Warframe is a free to play game. So the way the game pays its way on the nintendo eshop is through a % of the platinum purchases, prime access and the other eshop related deals. It would make sense for nintendo to have a clause where they can control what gets discounted or not as it directly affects their income.