Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Nightwave Sledge?

Venatorio

What’re y’all’s thoughts on what’s going to happen once the nightwave ends? Will the Sledge and Armor Set be available to purchase? Should they be? When will the Wolf return, if ever?

Personally:

- I’ve completed the nightwave. Rank 32 at present. I play a few hours per day after work. MR 23. Haven’t seen the Wolf. 

Not even once. 

I’ve had stalker show up 3 times for pete’s sake.

This is a pretty huge problem to me. Yes I know the nightwave’s not done yet. Yes I know DE claimed the rates would increase overtime, to the point of being annoying to paraphrase. But the boss’s spawn rates are still randomized. Statistically, some people just won’t see the wolf ever spawn. So let’s theorycraft:

Let’s assume I play 2-3 hours daily, never touching the plains, and waiting at least 5 minutes per mission. I.e. maximizing wolf spawn chances.

If I still don’t get the wolf to spawn, should there be some sort of recourse for me, or unlucky people like me? What are your thoughts? I’d like for there to be at least the option to buy the sledge after the nightwave is done. Because being punished with buying an MR-fodder weapon from scalpers is garbage. That’s punishing me for literally just being unlucky. And the prices are only going to go up after the event, unless DE addresses this. I don’t care if others have the weapon. I care that I may very well never have the chance to get it.

- Umbra forma: Yes there’s only 1 per person at this point. But looking to the future... will they actually add more umbra mods? If they do, umbra mods will drastically outshine primed mods due to the “full set” scaling, which has never been DE’s intention as far as I am aware, as they were intended as a side grade option at best. So. If more umbra mods are not released, umbra forma become much less important, especially for weapons, since primed mods will just be cheaper capacity-wise and better stat-wise. No idea on this point, cuz I can’t predict the future. Thoughts?

- The Saturn 6 Syandana and armor: while I would argue this should be kept exclusive, I can’t due to personal bias. One of my irl friends simply can’t play warframe because he’s on a business trip abroad for the next 2 months. He will never have a chance to get it. Exclusives hurt people for whom ‘life happens.’ But are they fair? Are they wanted? Is it even a big enough point to talk about, when so many other cosmetic options exist in the game? 

#nowolfclub

well, I got my 10th encounter today, and the first time he spawned since becoming "amalgamated" courtesy of Alad V. all they did was give him a fire-wave attack and an alt helm.. honestly I have to agree with others on this one: he's really not that well designed, and even though he's still gonna be around, I doubt that Hammer will be mine in less than a year. still gonna fight to the death if/when he shows up, but I hope that future Nightwave bosses are done differently. maybe he'll get a proper rework at some point, who knows.

personally I'd rather see Phorid and Sarge get their reworks. lord knows they've been waiting long enough. we saw concepts long a go, so DE knows as well as we do that they need it. it's just a question of when..