Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any ETA on trials rework?

Netoberg

In one of the last couple dev streams Steve admitted that there was only a pretty small group of people working on them atm. From what he said it sounded like it wasn't a priority for them, just someone's personal project. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that. A shame, really. WF really needs something like trials.

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

In one of the last couple dev streams Steve admitted that there was only a pretty small group of people working on them atm. From what he said it sounded like it wasn't a priority for them, just someone's personal project. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that. A shame, really. WF really needs something like trials.

The reason there are only a few working on it is down to the fact that only a very small percentage of players (single digit I believe) even played trials. Other changes to the game broke trials often enough they decided they were devoting too much dev time to fixing trials give the small uptake by players. It could be argued that Warframe really doesn't need trials given the small (but devoted) amount of players actually running them. My clan ran exactly one trial and never went back for example.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shalath said:

The reason there are only a few working on it is down to the fact that only a very small percentage of players (single digit I believe) even played trials. Other changes to the game broke trials often enough they decided they were devoting too much dev time to fixing trials give the small uptake by players. It could be argued that Warframe really doesn't need trials given the small (but devoted) amount of players actually running them. My clan ran exactly one trial and never went back for example.

I understand some ppl might not like it, but using as an excuse the amount o player base is absurd, using the same logic why pvp still exists? 

I new lots of clans dedicated almost exclusively to trials and ppl that loved to do and teach ppl how to do it, so im aware it wasnt a content for everyone, but it was a big deal for those dedicated to that.

The stats for how many players and how frequent trials were played is actually public knowledge, no need to speculate on the numbers.

http://www.wfraids.com/

https://trials.wf/stats/

Considering that there was a long waiting time before you became eligible to earn an arcane reward again, people played each trial category once a day. 
The top raiders chart goes all the way down to #3001.  That's not a small number.   (#481.  Top 500, wooh! 😃 )

24 minutes ago, Netoberg said:

I understand some ppl might not like it, but using as an excuse the amount o player base is absurd, using the same logic why pvp still exists? 

Because despite both communities being on similar sizes, raids required intensive developer upkeep since any change made somewhere else could bug them (and its small community would get really vocal because of it); while conclave on the other hand, could run with nearly no dev resources and still manages to have a steady amount of players despite having no meaningful updates in around 7 months.

Raiders should stop being in denial about the size of their community and drop an argument based on an unfair comparison.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 1

Guys, its very clear that trials are dead, if you liked them its over, every thread i start about trials tons of ppl come here to say how bad and unfair they were etc etc etc...

Warframe became a game for New players and VERY casual players as its probably meant to be...

Trials were more aimed for veterans who wanted some real group interation challenge and to put some effort together (even thou trials would became really easy after you get along with it).

Theres no space for this kind of player in warframe anymore, lets be honest and accept what warframe is and will probably be from now on...

Unfortunatly (for me at least) Eidolon hunters won the fight, i just hope they can afford the prime access and plats purchases for DE to contunue to grow.

At least i can now rest in peace for trying the best for the game i like the most, heh...

I love you guys...

=P

11 hours ago, Netoberg said:

I new lots of clans dedicated almost exclusively to trials and ppl that loved to do and teach ppl how to do it, so im aware it wasnt a content for everyone, but it was a big deal for those dedicated to that.

That's not using the same logic at all. :L PvP doesn't need constantly fixing as described in the reply.

On the other hand. Trials were bad, yes. It was just a 5 minute run of 'Don't kill things, go from A to B, get an arcane.' that doesn't mean that Trials COULDN'T be more raid-y. Like a full on WoWesque raid with minibosses and collossal boss fights.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Umbranoir said:

That's not using the same logic at all. :L PvP doesn't need constantly fixing as described in the reply.

On the other hand. Trials were bad, yes. It was just a 5 minute run of 'Don't kill things, go from A to B, get an arcane.' that doesn't mean that Trials COULDN'T be more raid-y. Like a full on WoWesque raid with minibosses and collossal boss fights.

I didnt say trials needed more or less fixing, i just said that ONE (out of so many) reason constantly used to remove trials is the player base, i'm not saying that trials need less effort to fix or anything, what i said is that THAT ONE REASON is absurd, which is pretty clear in my reply, now i hope you understood it, or will someone come here and say that PVP players have a bigger community than raiders? do you see how absurd it is? if you wanna to defend the reason why trials were removed just dont USE player base as ONE of the reasons, got it?

Hope i made it clear

1 minute ago, Netoberg said:

I didnt say trials needed more or less fixing, i just said that ONE (out of so many) reason constantly used to remove trials is the player base, i'm not saying that trials need less effort to fix or anything, what i said is that THAT ONE REASON is absurd, which is pretty clear in my reply, now i hope you understood it, or will someone come here and say that PVP players have a bigger community than raiders? do you see how absurd it is? if you wanna to defend the reason why trials were removed just dont USE player base as ONE of the reasons, got it?

Hope i made it clear

M'dude, you need to chill. You asked why PVP still exists using 'the same logic', I gave you an answer. Hope I made it clear 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Umbranoir said:

M'dude, you need to chill. You asked why PVP still exists using 'the same logic', I gave you an answer. Hope I made it clear 🙂

Are you still trying to justify your misread?

Calling me M'dude trying to alliviate your ability to read wont help it, my sentence is pretty clear, and in case it wasnt i just clarified that by quoting your answer.

I'm sorry for the caps in the reply but i thought it was needed to make it clear for some ppl that dont use to pay enough attention to what they read...

Peace out

Edited by Netoberg

Again, M'dude. You need to chill out. Re-read your own post. I'll even quote it for you here.

11 hours ago, Netoberg said:

Again, I'll give you the answer. Because even WITH a low player base TRIALS had to be constantly fixed whereas PVP does NOT.

That is the ANSWER to your QUESTION.

PvP still exists with a low player base BECAUSE it doesn't need updating or fixing constantly whereas TRIALS did. THAT is the same logic. The effort of removing conclave that few players play when it doesn't need to be maintained compared to something that few players played that ALWAYS needed to be maintained is night and day.

I physically cannot understand how this is not apparent. ESPECIALLY when it's spelled out to you. Multiple times.

Peace out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Umbranoir said:

Again, M'dude. You need to chill out. Re-read your own post. I'll even quote it for you here.

Again, I'll give you the answer. Because even WITH a low player base TRIALS had to be constantly fixed whereas PVP does NOT.

That is the ANSWER to your QUESTION.

PvP still exists with a low player base BECAUSE it doesn't need updating or fixing constantly whereas TRIALS did. THAT is the same logic. The effort of removing conclave that few players play when it doesn't need to be maintained compared to something that few players played that ALWAYS needed to be maintained is night and day.

I physically cannot understand how this is not apparent. ESPECIALLY when it's spelled out to you. Multiple times.

Peace out.

Where in this whole post you read me asking any of what you're answering?

I started the post asking and ETA on trials rework, then someone said things i didnt ask about and i replied to that person that ONE of the reasons he meantioned about the trials removal make no sense and thats all...

Where did i ask any of what you're saying or disagreed with that information?

Your clearly not reading the whole post and yet your're giving answers based on what i didnt talked/asked about...

And i have to waste my time trying to explain the facts but yet you give answers for what i'm not aksing/talking...

O_o

Edited by Netoberg

Just now, Netoberg said:

Where in this whole post you read me asking any of what you're answering?

I started the post asking and ETA on trials rework, then someone said things i didnt ask about and i replied to that person that ONE of the reasons he meantioned about the trials removal make no sense and thats all...

Where did i ask any of what you're saying or disagreed with that information?

Your clearly not reading the whole post and yet your're giving answers based on what i didnt talked/asked about...

And i have to waste my time trying to explain the facts but yet you give answers for what i'm not aksing/talking...

O_o

M'dude, you need to chill.

Let me break it down for you further.

It makes sense because PVP has few players AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE MAINTAINED. Trials had few players AND DOES NEED TO BE MAINTAINED CONSTANTLY.

THAT is the answer to your question. The point I'm making and the question you were asking about the ONE reason are mutually exclusive. Seeing as you seem to be missing the point entirely, I'll give you it in many forms. Are you ready kids?

Why would DE continue to devote resources and manpower on something that constantly needs fixing AND few players play? -Trials.

Why would DE bother to remove something that is still being used but requires little to no upkeep? -PvP

There is a DIRECT CORRELATION between the point you're making and the point I'M making.

IF Trials were popular they'd still be around despite DE constantly needing to fix them.

IF Trials didn't constantly need to be fixed, they'd still be around despite the low player base. The effort of removing them and reallocating the drops etc would outweigh the lower player base.

THAT ONE reason makes PERFECT sense m'dude. It directly correlates to the other reasons they were removed. IF that one reason wasn't there (I.E: Trials were popular) it's likely they wouldn't have been removed.

Similarly, in the terms of PvP. PvP ISN'T popular, however it also doesn't require upkeep. Similarly, if PvP was the same buggy mess as Trials were AND also weren't popular then that too would likely have been removed.

So one final time. THAT ONE REASON makes PERFECT sense because of the way it ties to the OTHER reasons Trials were removed. Not your backwards-as logic of 'Well, My car broke down for the 100th time but I'm not going to get a new one even though the cost of fixing it is too high because I like the color'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbranoir said:

M'dude, you need to chill.

Let me break it down for you further.

It makes sense because PVP has few players AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE MAINTAINED. Trials had few players AND DOES NEED TO BE MAINTAINED CONSTANTLY.

THAT is the answer to your question. The point I'm making and the question you were asking about the ONE reason are mutually exclusive. Seeing as you seem to be missing the point entirely, I'll give you it in many forms. Are you ready kids?

Why would DE continue to devote resources and manpower on something that constantly needs fixing AND few players play? -Trials.

Why would DE bother to remove something that is still being used but requires little to no upkeep? -PvP

There is a DIRECT CORRELATION between the point you're making and the point I'M making.

IF Trials were popular they'd still be around despite DE constantly needing to fix them.

IF Trials didn't constantly need to be fixed, they'd still be around despite the low player base. The effort of removing them and reallocating the drops etc would outweigh the lower player base.

THAT ONE reason makes PERFECT sense m'dude. It directly correlates to the other reasons they were removed. IF that one reason wasn't there (I.E: Trials were popular) it's likely they wouldn't have been removed.

Similarly, in the terms of PvP. PvP ISN'T popular, however it also doesn't require upkeep. Similarly, if PvP was the same buggy mess as Trials were AND also weren't popular then that too would likely have been removed.

So one final time. THAT ONE REASON makes PERFECT sense because of the way it ties to the OTHER reasons Trials were removed. Not your backwards-as logic of 'Well, My car broke down for the 100th time but I'm not going to get a new one even though the cost of fixing it is too high because I like the color'

Mr. Grow up

All of what you said is known by everyone, as you can see in DE's announcements and so many posts in this forum

The thing is, player base for itself aint the reason why DE removed trials and kept PVP

the reason why might be what you said or not (cuz pvp indeed needs fixes when updates arrives, mainly towards weapon firepower)

but anyways, my point was exclusively about the PLAYER BASE argument, and not its CORRELATIONS, cause we can include dozens of correlations to whatever ppl say in here, and that wasnt my point MR. GROW UP...

But still you have to find correlations to make your argument valid right? which means in the end you agree with me but still tries to make it look like you're giving me the right answer when what you saying is pretty much the same i'm saying, that if you consider player base exclusively you would remove PVP instead of Trials, but IF you consider the ammount of work spent in PVP and raids THEN you would remove raids right?

See? Cuz i'm not drawing it out...

Edit: lets play the correlations game:

- Raids are way harder to access than PVP (considering you had no information about them in the whole game and had to figure it out by your self or through a friend how to access that)

- Raids needed a lot more scheduling and necessities to be played, you need knownlegd, good warframes, good weapons, something a newcomer wouldnt have, but a newcomer could just click pvp menu and play it right?

- Raids need someone with resources enough to build keys, which a begginer wouldnt have, not to play that constantly at least, i myself had to waste some days with farming for that... what PVP needs to be played? any farm?

- You click to play pvp, and if you're luck you'll find 1 or 2 ppl to play with. Trials you need to create a group, find ppl to play with, wish for the best and if all turns out well and you didnt get too frustrated then you'd finish it.

- Difficulty wise, should i even comment?

Considering all that would drastically decrease trials player base, maybe PVP aind that far from trials...

Edited by Netoberg

Removal of Trials was a mistake and they've been confirmed to make a comeback.

And I'm saying this as someone who got bored of them pretty quickly back in the day.

It's not too much to ask for an ETA, not sure what the argument here is about, stopped reading after a few posts.

• Like 1