Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please combine Elite sanctuary onslaught and arbitrations.

(XBOX)Nightseid

I see no sense in having two "top tier" endless endurance mission modes. I understand that both modes offer different objectives but it's repetitive when you consider that every defense, survival, interception mission can easily be endless missions.

When I say combine both modes, I do not mean have efficiency overlay on defense mission, that's a bit conflicting instead I envision elite sanctuary onslaught (ESO) randomly cycling thru a different types of mission objectives - for instance, players start ESO with zone A, a regular efficiency test (or more like an area control bounty/mission, like in PoE), then proceed to zone B, where players play a defensive mission (protect console, person or excavator until the next data conduit), then zone C, one wave of interception then zone D, a random assassination mission with a five minute timer (data conduit opens when boss dies) and so on until the player fails to reach the data conduit in time, fail the zone or dies. Of course this strategy for ESO may not work with every mission type.

Arbitration mode can be fitted by (1) having arbitration drones prove immunity buff to enemies (this would be challenging for the efficiency/area control objectives), and (2) based on the grade you receive you gain X amount of Vitus essences (daily capped) to purchase from the Arb shop. Arb Rotation items may need to be dropped into the Arb shop as well.

I feel cycling thru these different objectives will be much more satisfying experience as it allows more variety in a game mode and allow other frames the ability to participate than the standard nuke frames. Also with DE concentration on one "end-game" endurance mode they won't have to fiddle with providing rewards for both Arbs and ESO modes.

Personally I feel sanctuary onslaught was just better designed than the arb missions were - first, in lore, I mean If I'm an enemy of the arbiters why would they let me into their tenno trials to get stronger? Quests make sense as it could be a reluctant ask but training simulator... maybe if I was invited under attend a red wedding. I know lore is more of a Knick-pick but what really makes Sanctuary onslaught like "end game" is its underutilized grading system. it is a big seller of my making you feel like a bad @$$, when I getting that top score and ranking. it really makes you feel like a veteran player.

To conclude I guess my issue with arbitrations is simple, it feels like every mission we already have in game now. So why 2 Elite endless mission modes?

So because you see no sense in having the 2 of them, it'd make a lot more sense mixing them up, huh? And we have 2 elite modes because we asked for it, and DE tried to deliver. And I expect more similar modes to come eventually, truth be told, as there's still a lot of noise about "lack of endgame".

Also, dislike ESO. Like Arbitrations. Let's just agree that different people have different views and tastes.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Onslaught and Arbitrations are completely different styles of Gameplay.

did you think this through?

9 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'm only interested in this idea, because it means adding arbitration drones to the mission and thus making it less viable for press-4-to-win/spin2win abusers.

even though, it's a Gamemode specifically built around deleting Enemies as fast as possible?
besides, it would only affect Abilities, Weapons all still work just the same, so beyblading reigns supreme in your world, i guess.

Edited by taiiat

I'd settle for some sort of merging of the 'elite' modes (arbitrations, elite sanctuary, sorties and raids when/if they come back) where they all reward vitus essence and then we have a shop where we can just buy what we want using it. 

In essence, instead of treating them as completely separate and individual game modes, treat them as different missions within an 'elite' mode where they all drop vitus essence. 

It would mean some tweaks to the drop table and ideally more stuff being put into the vitus market but I don't see why it can't be done, we're getting far too many 'mini modes' within the game and it needs streamlining imo. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

even though, it's a Gamemode specifically built around deleting Enemies as fast as possible?

besides, it would only affect Abilities, Weapons all still work just the same, so beyblading reigns supreme in your world, i guess.

DE shouldn't be enabling mechanics abuse, and ESO encourages players who only know how to press 4 and delete rooms.

And I'm sure spin2win can only reach so far up, making drones harder to reach unless you have a height advantage when making the attack.

On 2019-04-22 at 5:00 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

So because you see no sense in having the 2 of them, it'd make a lot more sense mixing them up, huh

Yes but as you stated different strokes different folks.

On 2019-04-22 at 5:07 PM, taiiat said:

Onslaught and Arbitrations are completely different styles of Gameplay.

did you think this through?

I did.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

On 2019-04-22 at 8:14 PM, Pizzarugi said:

DE shouldn't be enabling mechanics abuse, and ESO encourages players who only know how to press 4 and delete rooms.

And I'm sure spin2win can only reach so far up, making drones harder to reach unless you have a height advantage when making the attack.

it's not the fault of the game that Players only pick the Ability options that let them mostly idle the Gamemode. there's many ways to be efficient in Onslaught, but the 99% are looking for the way they can hit the minimum bar with the least game knowledge possible. so they always do just that. (even though the minimum bar for Onslaught is really low anyways, you only need to Kill like... 10% of the Enemies that Spawn to stay stable)
that's their own fault, and if they get tired of the game when doing that, maybe they can increase their understanding and learn more things that they can do.

Melee tracing has quite the flexibility, you can hit pretty much anything if you really desire to... actually try.

• Like 1