Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Get rid of "Do X with Friends"

BlackRoseAngel

21 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

In all honesty, a player can just skip those challenges that they either can't or don't want to do.  I did this very thing and I still managed to max out on Nightwave last week.  I want to be sympathetic, but I just can't really see this as a serious issue.  

you dont have an issue, i dont really care myself either, i just find it annoying, esp as i often see things from a new players viewpoint, and likely they will find that an annoying problem, the stereotypical "im fine and managed so others shouldnt complain" does not invalidate a problem that is clearly there, it's just not a problem for older and often jaded players.like you and me.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

you dont have an issue, i dont really care myself either, i just find it annoying, esp as i often see things from a new players viewpoint, and likely they will find that an annoying problem, the stereotypical "im fine and managed so others shouldnt complain" does not invalidate a problem that is clearly there, it's just not a problem for older and often jaded players.like you and me.

The thing is this; new players shouldn't have access to EVERYTHING all the time.  There is more than enough stuff and things for them to do without worrying about not getting that shiny Umbra Forma that they can't do anything with anyway.  

Then there is also the thing that it will more than likely be available again when they are in a situation to better use those things.  

Basically, what good is a Umbra Forma or similar things for a player who is under MR 5.  😄  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

The thing is this; new players shouldn't have access to EVERYTHING all the time.  There is more than enough stuff and things for them to do without worrying about not getting that shiny Umbra Forma that they can't do anything with anyway.  

Then there is also the thing that it will more than likely be available again when they are in a situation to better use those things.  

Basically, what good is a Umbra Forma or similar things for a player who is under MR 5.  😄  

nightwave is by and large more useful to new players, the weapons/mods/alt helms/etc are all "things" new players will want and older players simply dont need or already have, theres not actually much in there for older players to bother with, which is likely why they mixed in some sparkly shiney shiney cosmetics.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

In all honesty, a player can just skip those challenges that they either can't or don't want to do.  I did this very thing and I still managed to max out on Nightwave last week.  I want to be sympathetic, but I just can't really see this as a serious issue.  

You're not wrong, but it's also not the point. 

I finished the season without doing any of this, but I would like to do the hour long whatevers, except you have to deal with the hassle of fishing for a new 'friend'--and it is a hassle. One significant enough that if the choice is asking over and over and over and over again in whatever /chat channel or go do something else, I choose the latter. 

It's simply an unnecessary modifier. You could say that it encourages people to work on clans and/or join more active ones, but I've seen where that leads in other games. One of the main reasons I quit WoW was the constant hassle of clan shuffling (largely due to player churn--sound familiar?) and the very significant amounts of time that required when all I want to do is go play the game. 

It is perfectly ignorable, but lets at least see some high level, timed, or round count missions that don't have the friends modifier tacked on. 

• Like 2

On 2019-04-23 at 6:20 AM, DrivaMain said:

I could get behind this. Like Complete a 30 minute survival that rewards 5000 standing but if you could complete it in 60 minutes you get 10000 standing

It's already two challenges, making it 3 just adds more rep attached.

If they're going to do this (I'd personally prefer a 20 minute special alert that starts above level 100), it would have to be 3000 for half an hour, 2000 bonus for 1 hour.

12 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

You're not wrong, but it's also not the point. 

I finished the season without doing any of this, but I would like to do the hour long whatevers, except you have to deal with the hassle of fishing for a new 'friend'--and it is a hassle. One significant enough that if the choice is asking over and over and over and over again in whatever /chat channel or go do something else, I choose the latter. 

It's simply an unnecessary modifier. You could say that it encourages people to work on clans and/or join more active ones, but I've seen where that leads in other games. One of the main reasons I quit WoW was the constant hassle of clan shuffling (largely due to player churn--sound familiar?) and the very significant amounts of time that required when all I want to do is go play the game. 

It is perfectly ignorable, but lets at least see some high level, timed, or round count missions that don't have the friends modifier tacked on. 

i have 4 accounts in 4 different clans (1 of which is my 1 man clan), the other 3 clans are pretty much dead as you would expect given that there are no real reasons for players to even interact with clan members, NW might qualify but most go running to the recruiting channel or just ignore "friend/clanmate" requirement missions because of the annoying nature/hassle, doesnt help the new ones are tied to 40 wave or 1 hour survivals.

It also wasnt a clever idea to group 2 survivals together, everyone will only ask for or accept the kuva survival leaving lower ranked players who do not have access yet left out as no1 wants to do the "normal" survival when they can get a 2-in-1 deal on the kuva version.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

I can agree that it is an unnecessary modifier.  Which is why as a mostly solo player, I tend to happily skip them.  😄  I will admit that while I am mostly a solo player, I have been blessed with the ability to group with a few Twitch streamers on the regular to help others with some of the challenges.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

It's already two challenges, making it 3 just adds more rep attached.

If they're going to do this (I'd personally prefer a 20 minute special alert that starts above level 100), it would have to be 3000 for half an hour, 2000 bonus for 1 hour.

No, it is supposed to be 1 challenge, with an optional stretch goal awarding bonus standing.

So 30 mins = the full 5k but 1 hour provides X extra.

The idea is to reward players for doing a light endurance run without mandating it for completion.