Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Final Harbinger after melee 2.99...

ej72702

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way but the changes to Final Harbinger in melee 2.99 make a lot of the melee combos travel too far. I think its that hop in the base combo that just makes it near impossible to hit a target with more than two strikes. Before the changes, I feel like the hop used to be just short enough so that you could stay close to a target hit it more than a few times. This same hop also effects the blocking combo which was traditionally used to reduce mobility because final harbinger already had good levels of mobility. The changes to the holding combo also make it kinda hard to control but I guess the changes to that are alright because it was always used for ludicrous mobility anyways. 

• Like 2

Actually its always been that way if you used your melee weapon "for real" and not the cut quick version.

Actually i've recently noticed that a lot of melee combos have... TOO much traveling. Like i understand the idea and the concept, but there is a lot of just STUPIDLY unrealistic traveling. I mean sliding across the floor like a statue on ice for good 20 meters.

DE, please, turn that movement stuff down, by like 50%. Seriously. Its gonna become a problem in the future as more melee changes are introduced.

A lot of the "traveling" comes from the fact that it is a melee weapon made for close quarter combat. DE just decided that a push is needed to reach enemies 20 yards away with the hindsight that it might just miss the enemies who are 2 yard away. I'm okay with all the flashy moves these stances have. It becomes an issue when all those flashy moves swings at open air with no control from the players to redirect nor adjust the movements.

6 hours ago, Artekkor said:

Actually its always been that way if you used your melee weapon "for real" and not the cut quick version.

Actually i've recently noticed that a lot of melee combos have... TOO much traveling. Like i understand the idea and the concept, but there is a lot of just STUPIDLY unrealistic traveling. I mean sliding across the floor like a statue on ice for good 20 meters.

DE, please, turn that movement stuff down, by like 50%. Seriously. Its gonna become a problem in the future as more melee changes are introduced.

Its less the travel distance as much as "said distance in x amount of time", Tempo Royale block has a solid pace to the point where you can steer it unless there is a volt or valkyr in the group/till around 3.5 attack speed, same as the base spam attack of final harbinger, thus combined with the timing/character slow of the previous moves on both the hold and pause combos there is a disconnect on how they feel to use. Same for basic staff attack chain, dual daggers, etc.

I especially don't like that 2 combos have to begin with a hop and sometimes you just want to hit the target that is right in front of you, there's no need of a hop, but I have to perform it as part of the combos. So when I need to hit something right in front of me, I end up spamming just the first strike of the combo, which means click once, a little pause, click again and repeat.

Also interrupting the charge attack can be good, charged attack and then a single click of the combo, will let you throw the shield and execute a quick attack while remaining in place.

And also in this current melee phase, for me it's very difficult to execute block combos, so for me final harbinger and other stances suffered a downgrade.