Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice on Index

Vit0Corleone

Question

I'm broke, and Baro is here. Need to get some credits..

I've been trying to join Index squads, but either end up alone and lose my credits, or in a squad with people complaining that I'm bringing my Volt lol.

Sadly, my choices of frames/weapons are poor. I have Volt ( which is the one I'm most experienced with ), Frost, Loki and Nova.

My weapons are also pretty weak. None of them are potatoe'd, and my strongest one currently is Baza which I have formae'd 3 times. Also have Boltor, Dread and Rubico.

I've heard that Frost can play a role by defending the goal so enemies have trouble scoring points. Would this make sense in a squad?

I also know that Nova can be interesting because of slowing down enemies and priming them.

Unfortunately none of my frames are potatoe'd and in the case of Nova, I can bring her to 145% strength, but lack duration ( only at 149%).

Any good advice to share with a new player like me with not many resources nor experience, so that I can at least help somehow and not get yelled at? Thanks in advance!!

13 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I've been trying to join Index squads, but either end up alone and lose my credits, or in a squad with people complaining that I'm bringing my Volt lol.

Sadly, my choices of frames/weapons are poor. I have Volt ( which is the one I'm most experienced with ), Frost, Loki and Nova.

My weapons are also pretty weak. None of them are potatoe'd, and my strongest one currently is Baza which I have formae'd 3 times. Also have Boltor, Dread and Rubico.

I've heard that Frost can play a role by defending the goal so enemies have trouble scoring points. Would this make sense in a squad?

I also know that Nova can be interesting because of slowing down enemies and priming them.

Unfortunately none of my frames are potatoe'd and in the case of Nova, I can bring her to 145% strength, but lack duration ( only at 149%).

Any good advice to share with a new player like me with not many resources nor experience, so that I can at least help somehow and not get yelled at? Thanks in advance!!

Start farming Rhino, he's pretty easy to obtain.  Take him in.  his iron skin ability pretty much negates the negative effects of picking up the index points.

You get him the Jackal (Fossa, Venus) btw

Edited by CeejAttack

2 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

Start farming Rhino, he's pretty easy to obtain.  Take him in.  his iron skin ability pretty much negates the negative effects of picking up the index points.

I'm aware of the current meta, after doing some research.

Problem is, I don't have time nor resources to get anywhere close to that while Baro is here. So have to do with what I have for now.

Edited by Vit0Corleone

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm aware of the current meta, after doing some research.

Problem is, I don't have time nor resources to get anywhere close to that while Baro is here. So have to do with what I have for now.

I understand.  Well, with what you have, I'd say probably go for Frost, or maybe Nova

And i personally take Rubico Prime in for the highest index. Makes for quick kills

Edited by CeejAttack

I think you've got the right idea going for a support role, most of the pug groups in index are pretty forgiving of new players so I wouldn't really trouble yourself.

As far as weapons go, rubico will serve you best in index (going by what you have access to)

Edited by Pie_mastyr

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

With what you have, Go nova, go for max str and make a slowva (using her 4) and everyone else can kill.

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Just now, (XB1)HerculesLac said:

Go Nova + Rubico and ask in the recruitment chat to be carried, with no regard of the index level. You might find someone ready to help.

This is good too.  At the least, you have a tank in your squad, and you can just waypoint the droped index points for them

You can sell duplicate mods for credits. While you're generally better off dissolving them for endo, if you need the credits then do that instead.

Also, if you run fissure missions at all then check you inventory for Harrow chassis blueprints. You might have loads. Sell them from your inventory for credits.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

You can sell duplicate mods for credits. While you're generally better off dissolving them for endo, if you need the credits then do that instead.

Also, if you run fissure missions at all then check you inventory for Harrow chassis blueprints. You might have loads. Sell them from your inventory for credits.

Already sold everything I could. Still about 750k credits short to get the primed mods I want

Edited by Vit0Corleone

Index is not so much about the frame but more the choice of weapon and mods. And knowing when to bank the credits.

I started soloing low index with just Rhino and Arca Plasmor. 

26 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

Nova is the easiest for Index, just stay in the middle of the map where the energy orbs spawn and cast 4 when it runs out. Ez credits.

Slowva or fastva?

Edit: btw OP, if you know that you are weak then let others know in the chat or when recruiting, people are a lot more understanding if you make it clear to them compared to them finding out later that they need to carry you. Sure, you may get a players who refuse/can't carry but it makes things easier for you and others.

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay

Go with Nova. You'll need max duration you can get and 150-155% power strenght for the max slow. Then just sit in the middle and recast your slow. You'll be better of finding a group in recruit too, it'll speed things up a lot.

In the short term - Nova. You can also somewhat survive with her 1, and primed targets are easy to hit with a Rubico.

In the long term - Revenant (strength/eff purely for mesmer skin) with a catchmoon.

There's a less known trick to index - if you don't die, your damage scales with the enemies, so an hour into the run you keep killing at the same rate as you were doing it in the beginning. You just need to never die.

Rev is the best tank for index since mesmer skin has infinite scaling unlike iron skin. You just need to be careful about recasting.