The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards Veterans might want

(PSN)Renan_RXZ

I know rewards is a very popular topic right now and there are tons of ideas to improve it, so, on this topic i wanna to go over more ideas i had and got from others ,of rewards for new or existing game modes. All the veterans out there, tell them what you want.

Some suggestions:

Base line rewards: Forma( BP and premade), Kuva and Endo. I know we all swimming in endo now but if they were to put new powerful mods theyd probably be primed or primed like. Therefore having endo as base line is ok.

Other rewards:

-Global Syndicate Medallion 

-Unique Mods  ( Amalgams, Corrupted, Primed, Umbral.....)

-Unique Augments mods for Warframes/Weapons/Pets/.....

Rivens of course but id go a little further :

-Give the players a chance to get a riven for a the weapon of choice. (not including the stats)

-Give us rewards to manipulate riven stats: Ive recently started to play Path of exile on PS4 and theres a lot of crafting there. Some of the concepts they have could be implemented here on the rivens. In Path of Exile theres this thing called Fossil Crafting that allow you to manipulate the modifiers of an equipment, reducing the modifiers you can roll in an equipment. Its not guaranteed you will get what you want but the chances are higher. That works perfectly with the Rivens System.

-Syndicate Rivens: Regular Rivens but they also give the syndicate effect to the weapon

- Umbral, Aura, .....all special forma you can think of

- Umbral and/or Prime modifiers for mods: If you dont want to think about new powerful mods to give us, let us do the job. It could be a great idea to allow us to transform a mod of choice to Umbral/Prime, the possibilties are endless, the only problem here is balancing, this could be game breaking for some mods.

- New Arcanes

- New Warframe Passives- Let us unlock new passives to play around with it in builds

- Cosmetics are great but i rather have them as a merit reward.

Thats all i can think for now

The truth is, all cool stuff we suggest will probably make us more powerful, so DE, its about time to amp up the difficulty of the missions. Let this be overkill on normal warframe missions and bring us the end game.

All I want to see in a veteran system is:

Endo, credits, kuva, forma (BP or built, I don't care which)
That's it. Give me resources that are globally useful on a regular basis. This is why i'm fine with Arbitration rewards.

The issue with giving rewards, "veterans might want," is that every veteran player is an individual. I'd rather the unique mods, augments, etc, be available to all players in a relatively achievable manner that doesn't require them to already exhaust most of the content in the game to reach. My only concern is keeping my stock of currencies as high as possible to prepare for future content or to help a buddy rank up some mods when he's not able to play as much as I am but would like to actually play missions with me that don't cause me to fall asleep.

• Like 4

I would like them to take a lot of the POE and Orb Vallis rewards like Eidolon Lenses and the such and actually dump them into the star map..I like running spy missions..I like Pavlov....It would be nice to get a Lense or a Kuva caches out of a spy vault or sabotage mission..The open world bounties are just soul crushing un-fun after a while....and I really don't want to have to go there all the time since it is a chore to do so and it's making me wish there was another option I like to play due to it...

Цитата

You freaking... I cant even.

Go play Index, excavations, kuva floods/survival, Arbitration, lith fissures and Arenas.

Theres literaly SEVERAL ways to get each of what you ask already and thoe modes can be played anytime and grant significant amount of those things, especially ENDO EVERYTHING DROPS ENDO.

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Go play Index, excavations, kuva floods/survival, Arbitration, lith fissures and Arenas.

Theres literaly SEVERAL ways to get each of what you ask already and thoe modes can be played anytime and grant significant amount of those things, especially ENDO EVERYTHING DROPS ENDO.

Okay, but what do you want from a veteran system?

What can they possibly give you that will satisfy you?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

All I want to see in a veteran system is:

That's it. Give me resources that are globally useful on a regular basis. This is why i'm fine with Arbitration rewards.

The issue with giving rewards, "veterans might want," is that every veteran player is an individual. I'd rather the unique mods, augments, etc, be available to all players in a relatively achievable manner that doesn't require them to already exhaust most of the content in the game to reach. My only concern is keeping my stock of currencies as high as possible to prepare for future content or to help a buddy rank up some mods when he's not able to play as much as I am but would like to actually play missions with me that don't cause me to fall asleep.

i think you highlight a main fear DE has. There will always be people that 12h per day and ppl that can only play 2h. Its a PVE game, the ppl that play less will not be left behind, they will not lose anything, if anything, they will have reason to keep playin. Those 2 type of ppl right now sit in the same spot which proves that we need more interest loot and content.

Just now, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

i think you highlight a main fear DE has. There will always be people that 12h per day and ppl that can only play 2h. Its a PVE game, the ppl that play less will not be left behind, they will not lose anything, if anything, they will have reason to keep playin. Those 2 type of ppl right now sit in the same spot which proves that we need more interest loot and content.

I'm not saying that people who play less should be rewarded the same. I'm saying that mechanical things should be kept on a level playing field and available to everyone. You can make interesting loot and content without locking, "that new augment that totally changes how you play Nidus," behind the end-game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Thats the base line, what i mean by that is instead of getting 5k credit in rotation A, you get something a bit more useful such as those

8 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Okay, but what do you want from a veteran system?

What can they possibly give you that will satisfy you?

They want power. Thats it.

To many "veterans", good rewards means more power. An OP weapon, or OP Warframe or permanent stat boosts.

Edited by -OP-NerevarCM

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

I'm not saying that people who play less should be rewarded the same. I'm saying that mechanical things should be kept on a level playing field and available to everyone. You can make interesting loot and content without locking, "that new augment that totally changes how you play Nidus," behind the end-game.

you are taking progression out of the equation. Its ok that the guy that invest more time have more and better stuff. Its ok to have loot that only more advanced players  can have. That happens in every game. Its not locking a new player, new players have plenty of stuff to go over, if end game appears they will be motivated to progress and get there.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

I know rewards is a very popular topic right now and there are tons of ideas to improve it, so, on this topic i wanna to go over more ideas i had and got from others ,of rewards for new or existing game modes. All the veterans out there, tell them what you want.

Some suggestions:

Base line rewards: Forma( BP and premade), Kuva and Endo. I know we all swimming in endo now but if they were to put new powerful mods theyd probably be primed or primed like. Therefore having endo as base line is ok.

Other rewards:

-Global Syndicate Medallion 

-Unique Mods  ( Amalgams, Corrupted, Primed, Umbral.....)

-Unique Augments mods for Warframes/Weapons/Pets/.....

Rivens of course but id go a little further :

-Give the players a chance to get a riven for a the weapon of choice. (not including the stats)

-Give us rewards to manipulate riven stats: Ive recently started to play Path of exile on PS4 and theres a lot of crafting there. Some of the concepts they have could be implemented here on the rivens. In Path of Exile theres this thing called Fossil Crafting that allow you to manipulate the modifiers of an equipment, reducing the modifiers you can roll in an equipment. Its not guaranteed you will get what you want but the chances are higher. That works perfectly with the Rivens System.

-Syndicate Rivens: Regular Rivens but they also give the syndicate effect to the weapon

- Umbral, Aura, .....all special forma you can think of

- Umbral and/or Prime modifiers for mods: If you dont want to think about new powerful mods to give us, let us do the job. It could be a great idea to allow us to transform a mod of choice to Umbral/Prime, the possibilties are endless, the only problem here is balancing, this could be game breaking for some mods.

- New Arcanes

- New Warframe Passives- Let us unlock new passives to play around with it in builds

- Cosmetics are great but i rather have them as a merit reward.

Thats all i can think for now

The truth is, all cool stuff we suggest will probably make us more powerful, so DE, its about time to amp up the difficulty of the missions. Let this be overkill on normal warframe missions and bring us the end game.

Until DE figure out how to either scale the difficulty sufficiently, or implement some sort of endgame mode, this isn't going to happen.

Nothing wrong with kuva and endo as they are (unless you're a riven freak...in which case that your problem).

Never going to have rivens as rewards as that just devalues them.

Any kind of cosmetics - fine. Advanced mods...okay as long as they have suitably low drop chances.

If anything, a blanket nerf of all frames and gear would be far quicker and easier...thus making the game challenging once more. :tongue:

Edited by FlusteredFerret

1 minute ago, (PS4)Renan_RXZ said:

you are taking progression out of the equation. Its ok that the guy that invest more time have more and better stuff. Its ok to have loot that only more advanced players  can have. That happens in every game. Its not locking a new player, new players have plenty of stuff to go over, if end game appears they will be motivated to progress and get there.

What are you talking about? Why would you lock progression behind elite veteran modes? Of course it's fine that people who invest more time have better stuff. I'm saying not to lock mechanical changes behind the top tier content.

This isn't about new players. Why do you people create this false dichotomy? There's a state between new player and veteran.

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Until DE figure out how to either scale the difficulty sufficiently, or implement some sort of endgame mode, this isn't going to happen.

Nothing wrong with kuva and endo as they are (unless you're a riven freak...in which case that your problem).

Never going to have rivens as rewards as that just devalues them.

Any kind of cosmetics - fine.

If anything, a blanket nerf of all frames and gear would be far quicker and easier...thus making the game challenging once more. :tongue:

you are talking about market, thats a good point but i personally think rivens are not the main source to them, thats of course cosmetics, tennogen

so i do believe rivens can be rewards in more modes

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

What are you talking about? Why would you lock progression behind elite veteran modes? Of course it's fine that people who invest more time have better stuff. I'm saying not to lock mechanical changes behind the top tier content.

This isn't about new players. Why do you people create this false dichotomy? There's a state between new player and veteran.

It exists in countless other games, i dont get why warframe cant do the same. We actually have that in game already for some features and game modes

It exists in countless other games, i dont get why warframe cant do the same. We actually have that in game already for some features and game modes

It exists in very limited amounts in other games. Everything mechanical is available without having to exhaust most of the existing content in those. Locking meaningful progression behind end-game doesn't do anything except create a system where, "the real game starts at end-game," and that's not healthy for a live service game like Warframe.

I'd like you to tell me what feature or mode exists that locks progression behind something, "end-game."
Arcanes? Simply grab any sniper rifle and an operator with any amp (yes, even Mote) and you're able to participate. You get Operators early on. Hek, you can even be carried before you even get your Operator.
Arbitration rewards? Every reward you can get, except Vigorous Swap, exists in some other form, mechanically, that you can already obtain. Aura Forma is decisively pointless unless you really, really like swapping your auras around.
Primed mods? Baro brings them around every couple of weeks and you can trade to get them. Anyone can grind out ducats for them.
Rivens? You can obtain those from the moment you unlock sorties.
Archgun deployer? Can be obtained without having to actually participate in the Profit-Taker fight.

You don't lock progression behind something for veterans. That's asinine.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I dont want rewards, cuz they are sucks all of them, I just want more quests and more hardcore missions to play, all that craps about rewards u can find around, but not any good challenges which can keep u to play WF more and more.

Thats the thing, You will want good stuff from those hardcore missions, otherwise is pointless. Thats why we are here

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It exists in very limited amounts in other games. Everything mechanical is available without having to exhaust most of the existing content in those. Locking meaningful progression behind end-game doesn't do anything except create a system where, "the real game starts at end-game," and that's not healthy for a live service game like Warframe.

I'd like you to tell me what feature or mode exists that locks progression behind something, "end-game."
Arcanes? Simply grab any sniper rifle and an operator with any amp (yes, even Mote) and you're able to participate. You get Operators early on. Hek, you can even be carried before you even get your Operator.
Arbitration rewards? Every reward you can get, except Vigorous Swap, exists in some other form, mechanically, that you can already obtain. Aura Forma is decisively pointless unless you really, really like swapping your auras around.
Primed mods? Baro brings them around every couple of weeks and you can trade to get them. Anyone can grind out ducats for them.
Rivens? You can obtain those from the moment you unlock sorties.
Archgun deployer? Can be obtained without having to actually participate in the Profit-Taker fight.

You don't lock progression behind something for veterans. That's asinine.

you said some, rivens LOCKED behind sorties

Arcane could also count if you are not being carried, the challenge will be hard for new players. As they get better, they get more out of it, take out the tougher eidolons to get better arcanes.

Focus is LOCKED behind second dream and LOCKED behind grind. Zenurik is really useful but you have to GRIND a lot.

Theres no locking progression behind end game, you progress until the end game and then you progress more. Every game has it

The problem with warframe now is that we sit in a flat line in the progression curve, we need more. You are worried with new players not being able catch up with us. and Im not saying new stuff must be for MR 27 only, im saying good rewards must be behind challenging content that perhaps some players cant easily overcome just like and eidolon fight but harder.

you said some, rivens LOCKED behind sorties

Arcane could also count if you are not being carried, the challenge will be hard for new players. As they get better, they get more out of it, take out the tougher eidolons to get better arcanes.

Focus is LOCKED behind second dream and LOCKED behind grind. Zenurik is really useful but you have to GRIND a lot.

Theres no locking progression behind end game, you progress until the end game and then you progress more. Every game has it

The problem with warframe now is that we sit in a flat line in the progression curve, we need more. You are worried with new players not being able catch up with us. and Im not saying new stuff must be for MR 27 only, im saying good rewards must be behind challenging content that perhaps some players cant easily overcome just like and eidolon fight but harder.

Sorties are available extremely early on in your Warframe career. Factually they are locked. Using it in the way you're implying is nothing short of semantics, however.

Arcanes are an end game system. They are mechanically available and able to obtain them from the moment they unlock the ability to equip the Vectis and use their Operator.

The Second Dream is a story quest that you do extremely early in your Warframe career. "Oh no you have to grind to unlock every node," is not an argument. It is mechanically available.

Again, you don't read. I'm not worried about new players. You're the one using that term. Stop it. There is no reward good enough to satisfy someone who is able to do the top tier challenges in this game that doesn't just lead to, "more power," which is precisely the problem this game has had for years.

49 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

They want power. Thats it.

To many "veterans", good rewards means more power. An OP weapon, or OP Warframe or permanent stat boosts.

LMAO, you have no idea what you're talking about.

"They"? Yes, you have the final authority and knowledge on what every single person that considers themselves a vet wants. There isn't even a single definition of "veteran".

Most people that have everything this game has to offer are so brutally overpowering 100% of the content there is no need or want to gain more power in them. Hell, all you need is a well-built kitgun and inaros with a one-hit dagger, or Chroma with a lanka for bosses

Nobody reasonable wants more power.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Sorties are available extremely early on in your Warframe career. Factually they are locked. Using it in the way you're implying is nothing short of semantics, however.

Arcanes are an end game system. They are mechanically available and able to obtain them from the moment they unlock the ability to equip the Vectis and use their Operator.

The Second Dream is a story quest that you do extremely early in your Warframe career. "Oh no you have to grind to unlock every node," is not an argument. It is mechanically available.

Again, you don't read. I'm not worried about new players. You're the one using that term. Stop it. There is no reward good enough to satisfy someone who is able to do the top tier challenges in this game that doesn't just lead to, "more power," which is precisely the problem this game has had for years.

And I honestly dont see where in my original i discussed locking things

Thats truly a problem, but as i said those powerful rewards must be linked to really hard content.

You started the conversation saying that you are satisfied with the way rewards are, stockpiling resources is all you want , therefore you represent a minority thats happy with it.

You started the conversation talking about acessibility so of course the term new player would appear.

Anyway, we are going off topic here, you gave your contribution already, you are happy with stockpiling currency, thanks