Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convert timed Boosters into per successful mission instead

Turbo_Trotldyt_R-Zone_64

So I get 12h affinity booster as login reward. Does it mean I'll be playing for 12 hours straight? NO. Perhaps slightly over an hour. And then perhaps I have to go to sleep. So what's the point of timed booster? Spend 200 plat for 30 day one and be happy? Good business for DE right? Even so good you can donate the excess income away to 3rd parties? I remember DE's last donation: "mental institution". Something to do with "addictions"? HMM? With short duration boosters you make weak minded spend their whole day on this game. Now, what are the symptoms of addiction?
Instead of trying to lure weak minded players into addiction, how about you, DE, stop the exploitation? And convert boosters into equivalent "per successful mission" instead?

And probably I'll get "looks good, doesn't work" Trump meme...

So what would be the conversion-rate?

A 12h booster gets converted in how many successful missions? 
12 missions maybe? Someone who has no time to play will benefit from this. Someone who has a lot of time to play won't. They will lose out on things...
Maybe 30 missions? The same as above. 
With the 12h booster I can decide which missions I want to play. Maybe some Capture, rushing through them, and then some Defense.
With your idea it would be stupid to play Captures with the Booster running. It would be a total waste.

What if players went for 3h survival missions. 12 of these missions will get you to an effective duration of 36 hours for the booster.
How would you price these new boosters, if the mission effectively decides how long your booster is running for...

So please, solve these problems, and we can talk again.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Why not go for mission times instead?

About the same issue I decribed...
Resource Boosters would be only useful if you dedicate your mission time to farming. Stuff like fishing and mining would be a waste of booster time.
Or rushing Captur missions... you don't collect items there. So again, wasted booster time again.

And again the question: How would you convert this?
If someone has no time at all, then during a 12h booster they maybe run missions with a cumulative time of 1 hour.
If someone has a lot of time on hand, they will run 6 hours worth of missions during a 12h booster.
So how will you convert the 12h booster? Will you convert it to a 6h mission booster? Or to a 1h mission booster?
How would pricing be handled?

26 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

About the same issue I decribed...
Resource Boosters would be only useful if you dedicate your mission time to farming. Stuff like fishing and mining would be a waste of booster time.
Or rushing Captur missions... you don't collect items there. So again, wasted booster time again.

And again the question: How would you convert this?
If someone has no time at all, then during a 12h booster they maybe run missions with a cumulative time of 1 hour.
If someone has a lot of time on hand, they will run 6 hours worth of missions during a 12h booster.
So how will you convert the 12h booster? Will you convert it to a 6h mission booster? Or to a 1h mission booster?
How would pricing be handled?

Anything that is fair for DE?

It could be changed, but to be honest the price to what you get is the problem here. Boosters are basically speeding up so.. its the "paid" option as all speeding up things are in f2p. 

If a 30 days booster had an option to toggle it on/off or was only running when you are on a mission it would effectively become 720h booster for 200p which means that for me - 1300h and 1.5+ years of playing i would have to buy it twice in my whole playtime wheras now i would have to buy it 18 times. 1/9 ratio and i play a lot, it would have to be probably tuned to an average player 1/10-20 ratio to net the same income for the company. If you want a company in f2p gaming industry to earn less on a paying speed up option thats a different topic.. So

With the price unchanhed it effectively would have to be changed to around 1 month ~ 60-100h of active booster for 200p. It also means that those 1-3h boosters that you get for free would be far more noteworthy, 3 days as well so they would probably have to be switched to 720h - > 60h, 3day - > 6h, 12h - > 1h, 3h - >15 min or gone... That would be far worse for f2p players that have the time to squeeze something from those free long boosters. 

There is also the possibility of price change and no free boosters from dailies or worse ones. That 1 month booster would have to cost around 2-4kp.. See the problem? 

It is not a perfect system, but right now acomodates f2p players with good boosted time (free 12h, 3days boosts) that you can squeeze a lot during that. The prices are managable for both f2p and paying users and there is no real pressure to use them to max of their worth to be honest, cause they are really long for the price they cost.

That is actually really important. You know how much hate volt speed gets in the community? Imagine if there was real time pressure on fissure captures to get more traces.. Or while leveling stuff on hydron. Thats how you make toxic community.. Right now i dont think anyone feels a real time pressure from those boosters, you see that 12h free booster you do few missions more.. maybe and thats it.  No biggy that so much is lost you can get 3days from sorties and a month costs 200p.

Boosters and the like are obviously Sunk Cost Fallacy method a lot of games use to manipulate players into spending more time on the game. "Oh, I bought this booster, should probably play more otherwise it's wasted." "Oh, resource booster dropped guess I need to go get some value out of it in next few days."

It is extremely effective and obviously won't go away any time soon. What, do you think you'll bother playing if booster is per mission? If anything, you'll probably refrain from playing because you'll be afraid to waste it on inefficient farm.

If in a form of say a ticket you can spend to double your credits/resources/affinity on a single mission, that'd be nice. Unlikely though.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

not this 12+hour scaled stuff

Isn't it 30+ hours?

I know it used to be three.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

quit getting greedy, 12hrs is more than enough time to milk that thing for its worth within your real-life schedule.

It isn't, though. I got an 11 hour Resource Booster yesterday at 3 AM, shortly before going to bed. I have a full work day the next morning, so the earliest I can come back to the game is probably 5-6 PM today, 15 hours later. Being able to trigger those boosters at the beginning of a play session rather than whenever the daily rollover happens to trigger would be helpful. Because if what I got had been a Credit or Affinity Booster, then it would have simply added onto the tail end of my 30-day Credit/Affinity boosters running currently.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Isn't it 30+ hours?

I know it used to be three.

The boosters run longer the more logins you have.
I'm sitting at 1250 logins. My login Boosters run for 41 hours.

45 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It isn't, though. I got an 11 hour Resource Booster yesterday at 3 AM, shortly before going to bed.

Question: Why would you trigger the LogIn reward if you know that you can't use a possible booster right away?
Why not wait to the next day after work?

Edited by WhiteMarker

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Question: Why would you trigger the LogIn reward if you know that you can't use a possible booster right away?
Why not wait to the next day after work?

Because I had some spare time at night, came out of a mission and got handed a Log In Reward. What was I supposed to do? Abandon the mission because it was running long for various reasons and not play Warframe for the next couple of hours for fear of getting a booster... Even though I typically don't? What's the harm in letting me delay the booster by 12-24 hours after daily resets? I managed to talk my students into shifting classes in the afternoon, so my sleep schedule is timeshifted by a few hours and my game time happens to coincide with daily resets. In fact, I think it might be at 2 AM these days due to daylight savings.

• Like 2