Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an Thor Warframe?

23 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

kind of like this idea. though there is plenty of naming choices if they don't straight up call him thor mjolnir is one of them the name of thors hammer. the way i picture a thor themed frame is a melee specific frame with a exalted hammer. now that i think about it kind of like a eletric specific chroma but has a hammer. they would have to worry about accidentally making this warframe too similar to marvels thor because then we would have to worry about mickey mouse throwing a fit. aka Disney getting angry and the whole copyright business. which honestly i find bull.

I hate how marvel have sorta copyrighted a god...

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Look at this man and laugh.

I can't claim a Norse God comes from Norse mythology. Of course I can't. That seems ridiculous.

Zeus is not a Greek god, guys. Jewish God? Not actually Jewish. Jesus Christ the Son of God? Not a God of Christianity, I'm afraid.

NO THEY CAN'T. I didn't mean "Scandinavians own Thor so they have the copyright", I meant "Scandinavians have roots from the civilisation that came up with the tradition and history of Thor as a mythological character"

AGAIN: You CANNOT copyright-claim mythology. You can't. I'm not arguing that. I'm educating you.

You cannot obtain, nor hold, rights to mythological characters like gods, heroes, monsters etc.

You know Hydra? That big snake monster with many heads? Tell me how many times you've seen it in totally different movies/ games or anything else. More than once, more than a dozen easily. Why? Because Hydra, as part of greek mythology is free to use by anyone.

Why is Hercules/Heracles everywhere? Cause he's in public domain.

Thor is public domain. Marvel (or anyone else for that matter) can do nothing about it.

china did with their wukong.  still giving that same stuff?  I mean you don't get it where the all the countries standing on, even thou it is Scandinavians pretty much the countries could of own it like china did and keeping it like the usually never know the countries decided to do licenses taxing if you catch my drift.

7 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

china did with their wukong.  still giving that same stuff?  I mean you don't get it where the all the countries standing on, even thou it is Scandinavians pretty much the countries could of own it like china did and keeping it like the usually never know the countries decided to do licenses taxing if you catch my drift.

Again, I'm telling you the reality, if you disagree with me on this topic, you are simply delusional, or uneducated. There is no "but".

China does not own Wukong (And I mean the real Wukong, the king warrior form the "Journey to the West"), lmao.

Again it's a folklore character, and that means it belongs to literally everyone.

For example:

Wukong appears in a popular JAPANESE manga and anime "Dragon Ball" as Son Goku (An alternative spelling of his name)

Wukong appears in a popular AMERICAN video game, League of Legends.

Sun Wukong appears in another AMERICAN videogame "Smite"

8 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

I hate how marvel have sorta copyrighted a god...

They did not. You are free to use the name Thor anywhere you want, you are free to have a thunder-powered, norse god wielding a hammer in your comic/movie/game/book/anything you want.

What they copyrighted is an interpretation, a singular, SPECIFIC way of portrayal of Thor.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Again, I'm telling you the reality, if you disagree with me on this topic, you are simply delusional, or uneducated. There is no "but".

China does not own Wukong (And I mean the real Wukong, the king warrior form the "Journey to the West"), lmao.

Again it's a folklore character, and that means it belongs to literally everyone.

For example:

Wukong appears in a popular JAPANESE manga and anime "Dragon Ball" as Son Goku (An alternative spelling of his name)

Wukong appears in a popular AMERICAN video game, League of Legends.

Sun Wukong appears in another AMERICAN videogame "Smite"

They did not. You are free to use the name Thor anywhere you want, you are free to have a thunder-powered, norse god wielding a hammer in your comic/movie/game/book/anything you want.

What they copyrighted is an interpretation, a singular, SPECIFIC way of portrayal of Thor.

yea I agree with you and the person you are arguing with is being incredibly silly im just saying im annoyed at how big companies are taking mythological characters and sorta copyrighting them, does that make sense? Im basically against marvel's thor being copyrighted 

Just now, AugustFestival said:

yea I agree with you and the person you are arguing with is being incredibly silly im just saying im annoyed at how big companies are taking mythological characters and sorta copyrighting them, does that make sense? Im basically against marvel's thor being copyrighted 

To be completely clear, Marvel has added enough original ideas into their version of Norse mythology, it should definitely be respected as it's own fictional setting.

One could say it's lazy to copy-paste myths and just add small changes to them, BUT the Arthurian mythos literally exists because Medieval monks wrote what essentially boils down to fanfics about Arthur and his shenanigans. So, I wouldn't be this fast to call Marvel artistically bankrupt.

19 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

you can't claim thor either existed with the Norse myth that is a problem. 2 things and simple to be, no one claims it, become licenses which countries have it basically is sitting on gold mine there which if the stories originally from those countries they can simply tax them even out the countries which china did it before which they are base on their wukong worldwide unless china pays like warframe to have wukong in the game. Which I don't think you'll have the funding pay thor to be in the game, which therefore if the countries change of law basically pretty much the public get it free of their own country had this then if it is open to other countries basically they would of simple pay licenses whoever use it outside.  Noted don't say the countries are not going put that such thing in-laws when you can add them.

Same as simple to be the future is sitting on dynamite government rules which I find few countries about few things changes type you called idiotic rules basically your just simply you are calling yourself the idiot because of person referring "Thor" from marvel which currently he is referring to now.

which unknown how Thor's same hammer which he would accidentally be referring the movie Thor for exact copyright strikes for we don't have an exact history of thor hammer looks like. For continue forth for which thor you want to pick.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&q=thor+hammer&chips=q:thor+hammer,g_1:mjolnir:JRG2NDdYdtQ%3D,g_1:viking:-UR4YT2jtqs%3D&usg=AI4_-kTiNVQ1Jz2JdejGQjDHsWqytpgS2g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvrpb29q_iAhUCZKwKHWseBzQQ4lYINSgI&biw=1920&bih=966&dpr=1

Good luck finding the real thor hammer which probably this is open to public oh wait there is 1

Reveal hidden contents

jpeg

yup that is the only hammer close it, a necklace and no saying about the actually real hammer looks like or described as in like the story of Excalibur for you just clap for wanted hammer or which type your were hoping some picture which your looking at art design made by painter from 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

Which the countries could of charge Disney and other company for uses licenses of the public stories for reading which they paid their already and settled to be.  Then again as explain you an't going get a thor in the game because you requested isn't going happen.

Really dude, just stop it.

There is no copyright on gods. there is a copyright on the abomination interpretation that is Marvel Thor. Marvel Thor is not Thor though.

There is no single nation that owns Thor or any of the other asa gods. They are sagas, myths and legends, some dating back to even before the great migration, long before there was even an idea of nations. There is a reason Thor, Odin and the rest have so many names and why heroes like Attila are part of the Eddas.

And there are plenty of hints on what Mjölner looks like and what attributes it really has in the myths. It is a short shafted hammer because Loki played a prank based on a bet. But as seen in the Edda stories it can still be wielded with 2 hands because it has a retractable shaft. There is also no "he who be worthy..." yaddiyadda bullS#&$ tied to it. It is Thor's hammer, simple as that, it gets stolen among other things, Thor gets pissed, Thor goes to get it back, some giants get mutilated by his bare hands and so on.

They did, and china doesn't like the wukong you made they make tons of people faulty make it of claims stinks.  Anyway, Goku isn't considered as wukong but like wukong but really highly different because of Goku is alien and wukong is pure monkey which they only referencing wukong because wukong like to fight a lot.  As again absolute none has stolen, also LoL wukong is actually open to all state basically china want to win the money prize because due to their fantasy winning which LoL isn't based on sitting, also smite is along with the trip like LoL.  In other words, is basically china just wanted that money from the gaming company just pay off permanent and get their money back 4 times the fold.  Less of the subject, we just know all of it that Thor won't be in the game and if you think thor is going be our side well...if you go wiki they are the side of corpus so basically Thor corpus mode.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

To be completely clear, Marvel has added enough original ideas into their version of Norse mythology, it should definitely be respected as it's own fictional setting.

One could say it's lazy to copy-paste myths and just add small changes to them, BUT the Arthurian mythos literally exists because Medieval monks wrote what essentially boils down to fanfics about Arthur and his shenanigans. So, I wouldn't be this fast to call Marvel artistically bankrupt.

I guess sooooo 

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

They did, and china doesn't like the wukong you made they make tons of people faulty make it of claims stinks.  Anyway, Goku isn't considered as wukong but like wukong but really highly different because of Goku is alien and wukong is pure monkey which they only referencing wukong because wukong like to fight a lot.  As again absolute none has stolen, also LoL wukong is actually open to all state basically china want to win the money prize because due to their fantasy winning which LoL isn't based on sitting, also smite is along with the trip like LoL.  In other words, is basically china just wanted that money from the gaming company just pay off permanent and get their money back 4 times the fold.  Less of the subject, we just know all of it that Thor won't be in the game and if you think thor is going be our side well...if you go wiki they are the side of corpus so basically Thor corpus mode.

this is like saying the christian god and piccolo are the same what are you doing :"d

Edited by AugustFestival

Ok, so we got to the point where your rambling no longer resembles actual english. It was funny to read your responses as long as they were somewhat legible though.

Does this come in actual english? I mean... wow! More painfull to read this and trying to understand it than taking a bullet to head head.

China has not gotten any copyright money from any depictions of Wukong or any other Chinese deity (like Nezha).

Thor on side of corpus? Warframes are Warframes to begin with, not actual gods. Our Loki is not Loki, just a frame inspired by Loki stuff. And if there was a Thor he would probably poop all over corpus, grineer and probably the tenno. He would side with the "free people" like those of Cetus and Fortuna and all other colonies out there. He is Alda Bergr, the protector of mankind, so those in the middle of all the S#&$ would be those he'd chose to defend. He'd probably also go ape on the sentients since they are nothing but giants. But that is another subject altogether.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Really dude, just stop it.

There is no copyright on gods. there is a copyright on the abomination interpretation that is Marvel Thor. Marvel Thor is not Thor though.

There is no single nation that owns Thor or any of the other asa gods. They are sagas, myths and legends, some dating back to even before the great migration, long before there was even an idea of nations. There is a reason Thor, Odin and the rest have so many names and why heroes like Attila are part of the Eddas.

And there are plenty of hints on what Mjölner looks like and what attributes it really has in the myths. It is a short shafted hammer because Loki played a prank based on a bet. But as seen in the Edda stories it can still be wielded with 2 hands because it has a retractable shaft. There is also no "he who be worthy..." yaddiyadda bullS#&$ tied to it. It is Thor's hammer, simple as that, it gets stolen among other things, Thor gets pissed, Thor goes to get it back, some giants get mutilated by his bare hands and so on.

as again 2 things, licenses and open to public people refer to as simple basically your fighting against 2 stupid rules made by man, licenses that you referring from Marvel because Marvel made thor famous again or the thor that got killed by loki and then kill odian lore of stories.   There for-pay license referring  towards Marvel's Thor

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ok, so we got to the point where your rambling no longer resembles actual english. It was funny to read your responses as long as they were somewhat legible though.

No, you just don't pay attention under the dirt how much its sweep under the carpet like china did every time if someone says something bad their countries they just simply smile and then beat the crap out them while they aren't looking.  It is like their hard #$$ rules that you can't bring the bible over their countries because they rejected other religions, several things your not pay attention is the event untold to make it look like the background and the 1 event already told how nice they are. You have to be 10 time being more Sherlock for that to think its ramble.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Does this come in actual english? I mean... wow! More painfull to read this and trying to understand it than taking a bullet to head head.

China has not gotten any copyright money from any depictions of Wukong or any other Chinese deity (like Nezha).

Thor on side of corpus? Warframes are Warframes to begin with, not actual gods. Our Loki is not Loki, just a frame inspired by Loki stuff. And if there was a Thor he would probably poop all over corpus, grineer and probably the tenno. He would side with the "free people" like those of Cetus and Fortuna and all other colonies out there. He is Alda Bergr, the protector of mankind, so those in the middle of all the S#&$ would be those he'd chose to defend. He'd probably also go ape on the sentients since they are nothing but giants. But that is another subject altogether.

As again leading the point Loki is the betrayal and thor who is the side of killing Loki.  Also china support pay at least you make China happy then they are happy, if you pretty much piss them off they find a way to screw you over like they did with fake Iphone. Thor isn't a guy you want to stick with due of being like Hercules not the movie one the one stick with the lore that killed own people, yea sure we can poop all over it freely. 

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Look at this man and laugh.

I can't claim a Norse God comes from Norse mythology. Of course I can't. That seems ridiculous.

Zeus is not a Greek god, guys. Jewish God? Not actually Jewish. Jesus Christ the Son of God? Not a God of Christianity, I'm afraid.

NO THEY CAN'T. I didn't mean "Scandinavians own Thor so they have the copyright", I meant "Scandinavians have roots from the civilisation that came up with the tradition and history of Thor as a mythological character"

AGAIN: You CANNOT copyright-claim mythology. You can't. I'm not arguing that. I'm educating you.

You cannot obtain, nor hold, rights to mythological characters like gods, heroes, monsters etc.

You know Hydra? That big snake monster with many heads? Tell me how many times you've seen it in totally different movies/ games or anything else. More than once, more than a dozen easily. Why? Because Hydra, as part of greek mythology is free to use by anyone.

Why is Hercules/Heracles everywhere? Cause he's in public domain.

Thor is public domain. Marvel (or anyone else for that matter) can do nothing about it.

give it a rest he doesn't understand what public domain is, nor the fact that marvel only owns the thor  as the asgardian and can't own thor a norse god of norse mythology.  heck he even linked my whole comment with even the bit about me learning that thursday namesake origin was baised on thor's day. which i find entertaining.

Edited by maddragonmaster

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

give it a rest he doesn't understand what public domain is, nor the fact that marvel only owns the thor  as the asgardian and can't own thor a norse god of norse mythology.  heck he even linked my whole comment with even the bit about me learning that thursday namesake origin was baised on thor's day. which i find entertaining.

Glad enjoy that while I just get my trolling $##t out these guys still.  Still, thor pretty much is the dead guy by loki learn it from its stories and exact from its original lore and not from Marvel.  Lots crazy $##t stories it been telling about thor how much flipping did the same thing like the roman's gods.  Welp both burn and both crushed.

12 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Glad enjoy that while I just get my trolling $##t out these guys still.  Still, thor pretty much is the dead guy by loki learn it from its stories and exact from its original lore and not from Marvel.  Lots crazy $##t stories it been telling about thor how much flipping did the same thing like the roman's gods.  Welp both burn and both crushed.

your not making any sense.

4 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

your not making any sense.

2 subject, 1 troll for your enjoyment and 1 the truth about Thor.  Thor got murder by loki and pretty much thor's origin story is not the story you want to hear and in the end, thor still get killed.

12 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Lightning yes, flying with a hammer, no.

Warframe's Loki shows you don't need Marvel for this.

though loki does fit the mythology in being a trickster. so if you have a thor frame then you need a flying hammer of some sort. marvel owns that IMAGE of thor, they dont own THOR iself because its tied to mythology and it cant be owned. ergo thor in smite moba and olaf, which is a ply on thor, in league of legends. DE could do a thor frame if they wished though it would more or less be a rip of volt minus the speed.

11 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

though loki does fit the mythology in being a trickster. so if you have a thor frame then you need a flying hammer of some sort. marvel owns that IMAGE of thor, they dont own THOR iself because its tied to mythology and it cant be owned. ergo thor in smite moba and olaf, which is a ply on thor, in league of legends. DE could do a thor frame if they wished though it would more or less be a rip of volt minus the speed.

That is my point, yes.

14 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

2 subject, 1 troll for your enjoyment and 1 the truth about Thor.  Thor got murder by loki and pretty much thor's origin story is not the story you want to hear and in the end, thor still get killed.

thor didn't get murdered by loki. he fought the world serpent jormungandr killed the serpent and died of it's poison. plus thor is actually a red haired, and norse god thor is not all nice and friendly as marvel thor leads you to believe. also he need special belt and gauntlets to use his hammer.