Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Jovian Concord so far

X7PLVTINUM

I really enjoyed the new game mode once I figured it out. However the drop table for an endless mode like that is pretty poor. I’m hoping they bring the mode to other Corpus planets to enable the drop table to have different tiers. An Axi chance on rotation C would be good. 

Really like the new enemies, the voicing and the design of Gas City. Particularly enjoying the new boss fight. 

• Like 1

I absolutely love the new Gas City tileset. I still wish the effort had gone into an older, more broken tileset, or a new tileset for a planet currently lacking one (e.g. Pluto), but the new Gas City I think sets a high bar for all other future tilesets to follow. The tiles feel fun to parkour through, and I'm only just starting to discover some of the side passages.

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, Teridax68 a dit :

I absolutely love the new Gas City tileset. I still wish the effort had gone into an older, more broken tileset, or a new tileset for a planet currently lacking one (e.g. Pluto), but the new Gas City I think sets a high bar for all other future tilesets to follow. The tiles feel fun to parkour through, and I'm only just starting to discover some of the side passages.

On that note i fully agree. It feels and look amazing moving through it. Also, it seems more like a real place than any other tileset currently available. It doesn't even feel procedurally generated. This is an excellent piece of work. 

• Like 2

A have a few nits to pick haha:

1) Themisto boss fight, clearly set wayyy before his prior turning to the Infestation, getting cured, Second Dream and CHimera Prologue. But Amalgams still get spawned in the mission, which is rather silly. I wish DE would disable Amalgams completely only in that node, and disable to the..."secret tiles" that have anythign relating to the Sentient. Because Themisto is pretty much the only Jupiter node that has anything related to older events. 

2) His constant switching between collared, no-scar Alad V and purple-scarred Alad V, bugs me. Wish they would just settle for one model and that's it. Clearly they should go for the purple-scarred one, for all of his transmissions. 

Everything else is pretty okay. 

I definitely agree that the tileset looks great - it has some recognizable room layouts, but it feels a lot more expansive and complex. The traps and hazards are also very cool (even if I tend to just blow through them and then say "oops"). 

I did the first three stages of the Operation, to get the Aura Forma, and it's a decently fun gamemode. A lot more active and kinetic than any existing endless mode, which is an excellent thing in my mind. I don't play endless missions much anymore though unless it's one of the brainless leveling-up nodes, but Disruption was entertaining enough. 

Haven't done the Ropalolyst - I bought the Wisp bundle outright, so I don't feel compelled to unlock that node. 

• Like 1

its nice to see some real changes happening.

i think my only problem from what i have experienced, is the constant pointless voicing in the new mode Disruption (same for arena and index).
im not sure exactly why this needs to be a thing that serves no purpose. (other than when they sending the Demolysts)

why couldnt they be screaming protect the blue node, or white node, etc...
instead you are left with no real notification for new players and other players don't know where to go (then they end up just running around shooting stuff... mission failed because you are left solo'ing a 4 player mission)..

i do think there needs to be a better indicator on which node to protect.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

Disruption is probably the most fun game mode I ever played in 5 years in this game.

Boss fight was not either. 

The lack of a long term rewards is a problem, though I personally would most likely be running long Disruption for fun instead of Mot or Temple of Profit.