Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question on Riven Challenge "Kill 6 Dargyn with bow while aim glide"

purestgold

I use Koro at Kuva and brought a crit build Paris Prime. I still cannot one-shot them so I tried to chip their health off and somehow they exploded when their health gets pretty low. I even tried to make sure i kill them by bow, not by letting them explode, and the counter still haven't gone up one bit. Any thought on what might be wrong with my methods?

SOLVED: Thank you everyone for the tips. In the end I used a Mag Prime with her Magnetize (skill 2); coupled with crit build Dread on PoE which is fairly easy compared to Kuva's Dargyns. I used Magnetize to stop them in their tracks, shoot them an arrow and start to glide. 

Edited by purestgold

use zephyr w/ mods that add to aim glide and wall latch (like patagium), then fly up at a 60- or 90-degree angle, go into aimglide when you peak and trust to luck that you make a hit. add punch-through and projectile speed mods to ensure that the arrow goes through shields on dargyns and that it has minimal travel time to avoid having to track, respectively.

8 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

it usually means you have to do this in PoE

On this topic, which dargyns should I aim? The one that spawns on bounties or the one on the ground where the pilots have to ride it first?

6 minutes ago, evilChair said:

use zephyr w/ mods that add to aim glide and wall latch (like patagium), then fly up at a 60- or 90-degree angle, go into aimglide when you peak and trust to luck that you make a hit. add punch-through and projectile speed mods to ensure that the arrow goes through shields on dargyns and that it has minimal travel time to avoid having to track, respectively.

What is the significance of doing this compared to using the conventional method? Does this means that I have to bypass that shield?

2 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Do it at PoE. You can get Dargyns that are low enough level that they die from being sneezed at.

Which dargyns should I aim? The one that spawns directly on air like in Bounties or the  one on the ground which the pilots have to ride it first?

Just now, purestgold said:

On this topic, which dargyns should I aim? The one that spawns on bounties or the one on the ground where the pilots have to ride it first?

What is the significance of doing this compared to using the conventional method? Does this means that I have to bypass that shield?

1) any of them work as long as pilots are inside

2) zephyr allows longer aimglide and some dargyns have frontal shield and called shield dargyns, what he's telling you are ways to make it a little less annoying

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

This is not the "before they hit the ground" challenge (or at least you didn't say it is) in which case just kill any dargyn pilots on PoE.  if it is a before they hit the ground, then just float them with titania.

Yeah this challenge is only about aim gliding with a bow, a dargyn will hit the ground when their health gets low right? So maybe the dargyns at Kuva exploded because they hit the fence?

1 minute ago, purestgold said:

Yeah this challenge is only about aim gliding with a bow, a dargyn will hit the ground when their health gets low right? So maybe the dargyns at Kuva exploded because they hit the fence?

hard to say what his issue was - he may have fired the bow while aimgliding, but stopped aimgliding before the arrow impacted and then it won't count, or even if he was still aimgliding on impact, then stopped, then a slash proc or something got the final kill after he was no longer aimgliding... I've never had an issue with the dargyn challenges at Koro.  but I think for him it should be easier on PoE.  Besides, on PoE during day free roam they keep spawning so no need to reset mission.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, AugmentedJustice said:

These challenges need to die in a fire honestly. I don't even bother with them. Getting them to even spawn is a pain in the ass.

I watched a guide on youtube that said the Dargyns are usually spawning somewherr near Gara Lake, so I just fly around there with my archwing and got 4-5 in a single PoE run.