The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Komorex should be able to use Firestorm

--Q--Poeps

3 hours ago, --Q--Poeps said:

The bursting viral round mode is nice but the area of effect is kind of small, even smaller than that from Opticor which can use the Firestorm mod, therefore Komorex should also be able to use it.

opticor is a launcher of sorts... charges and releases/launches a beam.
Komorex is a sniper rifle... instant shots.

now even if firestorm worked on it, that is only 0.72m added on 3m making it 3.72m... its not even 1 meter more... for the space of an entire mod slot.
if the mod added like 2m or 3m, it would be worth the mod slot.
without an actual significant improvement on radius, it is not even really worth it on any weapon.
actually, even with 2-3m more, you can still possibly get more out of another stat (dmg, chc, chd, status, reload, fire rate).

that 1 slot can be a serious game changer to be wasted on 0.72m, AND only on 3.5x zoom.... i think you could even make gas to go with that viral nice 3m cloud puff.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

il y a 40 minutes, 5p33dy_01 a dit :

now even if firestorm worked on it, that is only 0.72m added on 3m making it 3.72m... its not even 1 meter more... for the space of an entire mod slot.
if the mod added like 2m or 3m, it would be worth the mod slot.
without an actual significant improvement on radius, it is not even really worth it on any weapon.
actually, even with 2-3m more, you can still possibly get more out of another stat (dmg, chc, chd, status, reload, fire rate).

Even if it's a low benefit, it still should be a choice to use it or not.
0.72m may be small, but it still a 24% increase that is welcome, and it's not like we can't use useless mods on other weapons.

32 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Even if it's a low benefit, it still should be a choice to use it or not.
0.72m may be small, but it still a 24% increase that is welcome, and it's not like we can't use useless mods on other weapons.

please dont take this the wrong way.
by this statement. i should have the choice to add every multi-shot; mod in the game on my opticor. why is the pistol ones better than the rifle ones. why cant i have all on my rifle.

some secondary weapons do more damage than primaries, why do they get to benefit from a 120% multi-shot mod AND 60% multi-shot+60% fire rate on 1 mod, when my useless rifle has only 90% multi-shot and 60% multi-shot.

i should be able to put all 4 on my rifle, after all, they're just mods and i want the game to be designed around me.

hornet strike goes to 220% dmg for pistols
serration goes to 165% for rifles

i should have the choice to use hornet strike on my rifle

please dont say you should have the option to use something that wasn't even close to being designed for your choice.
statements like that can go into silly areas of what people should and shouldn't be able to do, based on their own choice.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

It seems... sort of unlikely? But it could be nice. Not sure if I'd use it or not.

Given that the Scourge, Javlok, and Ignis are all considered valid weapons for the mod, it's certainly not some case of it being "only for launchers". Definitely not a suggestion worth going down some absurd slippery slope argument over.

edit: glancing over some stuff it feels like this mod just has really poor equipment selection in general. Simulor is almost entirely AOE based and isn't allowed to use it, and even the Lenz never got the mod added to its compatibility list. The secondary version (fulmination) works on the Pox but not on the Sonicor.

Edited by OvisCaedo

6 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

It seems... sort of unlikely? But it could be nice. Not sure if I'd use it or not.

Given that the Scourge, Javlok, and Ignis are all considered valid weapons for the mod, it's certainly not some case of it being "only for launchers". Definitely not a suggestion worth going down some absurd slippery slope argument over.

im not arguing. he just said he should have the choice to use a launcher mod on a sniper rifle.
me wanting to use a pistol mod on my rifle is much closer to being reasonable.

Javlok, and Ignis
these are weapons that already have some form of blast in their natural firing mechanic.

TBH, i dont know why they are even supported. could be more of a bug than a intent, but they never felt the need to rectify it, because its not a game changer mod at 24%.
almost every weapon that takes good advantage of that 24%, does self dmg, which ends up being more of a cost than a benefit.

if they do give firestorm a static upto 3m, believe me, the amount of weapons it supports WILL go down.
you can only dream about ignis 7.2m radius with Amalgam Furax Body Count.

6 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

me wanting to use a pistol mod on my rifle is much closer to being reasonable.

so your argument here is that using secondary mods on primaries is more reasonable than using a primary mod that increases explosive aoe on a primary with an explosive aoe? questionable.

31 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

so your argument here is that using secondary mods on primaries is more reasonable than using a primary mod that increases explosive aoe on a primary with an explosive aoe? questionable.

its not an argument. its an indication that we dont get to choose what should work with what.

firestorm is a unique mod, it doesnt specify that its only for primary weapons.

i can even use another example based on that unique mod, if you would like.
i should have the choice to use it on arca plasmor or balefire charger.. both of which could be considered launchers and do have explosive aoe more than a sniper rifle.

8 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

firestorm is a unique mod, it doesnt specify that its only for primary weapons.

i can even use another example based on that unique mod, if you would like.
i should have the choice to use it on arca plasmor or balefire charger.. both of which could be considered launchers and do have explosive aoe more than a sniper rifle.

firestorm is only equippable on primary weapons. there's another identical mod, fulmination, for secondaries.

plasmor doesn't have an explosive aoe, it has a wide projectile with punchthrough - why would firestorm be compatible with it? balefire is a secondary and doesn't benefit from fulmination only because its aoe is controlled by ability range. not to say there aren't other primaries that should be made compatible with firestorm for the sake of consistency - there absolutely are! - but those are terrible examples.

11 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

its not an argument. its an indication that we dont get to choose what should work with what.

we don't get to choose what works on what, sure, but we do get to make suggestions based on the mechanics of a weapon, i.e. the suggestion to allow terminal velocity to be equipped on fulmin that was implemented in the game shortly after the post about it earlier.

40 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

firestorm is only equippable on primary weapons. there's another identical mod, fulmination, for secondaries.

plasmor doesn't have an explosive aoe, it has a wide projectile with punchthrough - why would firestorm be compatible with it? balefire is a secondary and doesn't benefit from fulmination only because its aoe is controlled by ability range. not to say there aren't other primaries that should be made compatible with firestorm for the sake of consistency - there absolutely are! - but those are terrible examples.

we don't get to choose what works on what, sure, but we do get to make suggestions based on the mechanics of a weapon, i.e. the suggestion to allow terminal velocity to be equipped on fulmin that was implemented in the game shortly after the post about it earlier.

ok thanks.

i have nothing further to say on this subject.

Il y a 15 heures, 5p33dy_01 a dit :

please dont take this the wrong way.
by this statement. i should have the choice to add every multi-shot; mod in the game on my opticor. why is the pistol ones better than the rifle ones. why cant i have all on my rifle.

some secondary weapons do more damage than primaries, why do they get to benefit from a 120% multi-shot mod AND 60% multi-shot+60% fire rate on 1 mod, when my useless rifle has only 90% multi-shot and 60% multi-shot.

i should be able to put all 4 on my rifle, after all, they're just mods and i want the game to be designed around me.

hornet strike goes to 220% dmg for pistols
serration goes to 165% for rifles

i should have the choice to use hornet strike on my rifle

please dont say you should have the option to use something that wasn't even close to being designed for your choice.
statements like that can go into silly areas of what people should and shouldn't be able to do, based on their own choice.

I would say don't take the worst possible outcome from a single sentence I used in my post.

There is a difference between allowing all mods from all categories that would become the most viable build, and allowing a little QoL mod on a weapon that deserve it and fit the rest of the game, that is unwanted in most of case.

Using firestorm with such a small base radius doesn't provide much benefit and is more a QoL that a few people want and more build variety is always welcome, the same goes for Scourge wich can use the mod and have a similar blast radius.
Also almost all explosive primary can use firestorm and for consistancy, they should ALL be able to use it. I would agree if some didn't for balance, but currently the most usables explosive weapons and those that get better benefit of the mod can, so it's not for balancing reasons.

So yeah, it's not about a statement made without thinking, it's about consistancy and variety without breaking balance at all.

9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I would say don't take the worst possible outcome from a single sentence I used in my post.

There is a difference between allowing all mods from all categories that would become the most viable build, and allowing a little QoL mod on a weapon that deserve it and fit the rest of the game, that is unwanted in most of case.

Using firestorm with such a small base radius doesn't provide much benefit and is more a QoL that a few people want and more build variety is always welcome, the same goes for Scourge wich can use the mod and have a similar blast radius.
Also almost all explosive primary can use firestorm and for consistancy, they should ALL be able to use it. I would agree if some didn't for balance, but currently the most usables explosive weapons and those that get better benefit of the mod can, so it's not for balancing reasons.

So yeah, it's not about a statement made without thinking, it's about consistancy and variety without breaking balance at all.

i understand what you're saying.

is it not better for them to spend their time working on other things?
than making small changes that could potentially cause more problems or require more modifications after the initial change?

it might not seem like breaking balance when you think about it, however, it could break other things which creates more work.
then they spend time working on fixing the problems from things the community requested, then the community starts complaining that there is nothing new.
rinse and repeat on a regular basis.

there is all kinds of bugs, and with every change, no matter how small, has the potential to be more of a problem than it was worth to implement.

Edited by 5p33dy_01