Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should there be at least 1 loadout slot for every warframe slot?

CitricComet

Question

The more I play of this game, the more load-out slots I would like to have - 

I find it odd, that they (the dev's) invented a whole new system (rivens) to help players play with under-powered, or otherwise under-utilized weapons... but have not addressed the under-utilized warframes... 

Granted, there are several that really are not even worth using anymore... but at present, there are plenty that I do not use, just because I don't have a quick way to load them in for a mission.

Even if I purchased slots - there is an MR restriction on how many loadouts I can have.. why, is that?  

All it means to me at the moment is that I don't play with some warframes only because I don't want to take the time to change a loadout... So far as I am concerned - I if there was more loadouts available, I would play with a greater variety of frames...

Would you?  

Or do you only main?  and if so: good-god, why?  

18 answers to this question

Sure would be nice, but it may be a technical limitation, or a design choice. That said, the loadout slots have changed before - there's no reason it can't change again.

In the meantime, I've been making do with splitting my loadout slots into "Primary Favourites," which means Ivara and Mirage are at the very top of the list and will never leave there, "Favourites," which are frames I'm currently playing more often and therefore get their own exclusive slots, and "Secondary" slots for frequently swapping frames in and out of.

il y a 20 minutes, CitricComet a dit :

Would you? 

Well, the limitations on loadout slots number and design are one of the reasons why i keep bringing the issue up every now and then. 

First problem is we don't have enough slots fornevery frame, which is a bummer. 

Second is we can't tie operator loadouts to loadout slots. IE, it's entirely useless to have double elevate on trinity and hildryn, but i have to manually swap every time. 

Third is interactions with vehicles. You cannot tie AW loadout slots to frame loadouts which is a great pain cause then whenever you do open world stuff you have clashing colours everywhere. 

This is even worse for atmospheric archguns since you can use hem anywhere. 

Soooooo yeah. 

22 hours ago, (PS4)meow121325 said:

they are more or less to keep specific loadouts saved that is it thats the main purpose of the loadout function

But as it is, it inherently limits the variety play - 

On 2019-06-01 at 6:29 PM, Autongnosis said:

Second is we can't tie operator loadouts to loadout slots. IE, it's entirely useless to have double elevate on trinity and hildryn, but i have to manually swap every time. 

A very good point.

Am ‎02‎.‎06‎.‎2019 um 01:04 schrieb CitricComet:

All it means to me at the moment is that I don't play with some warframes only because I don't want to take the time to change a loadout...

That´s a whole new level of laziness

You might ask for a bot to Play the game for you too cause let´s be real, that´s the next thing you don´t want to take the time for lol

• Like 1

you can 100% play without loadout slots. i never touched one up until MR18 or so, just swapped out whatever i felt like using. once i finally got locked into more of a predictable rhythm tied to certain activities i created permanent loadouts for index, eidolons, flydolon, fishing, ESO, but the majority of the time i am trying out new builds and loadouts and don't need a preset.

On 2019-06-03 at 12:56 AM, Chewarette said:

It doesn't. It would "limit" something if that prevented you to use a Warframe which is not in one of your slots, which it doesn't.

It does.

There are lots of random missions that pop up; with clanmates, from recruiting, from friends, where I do not play a specific warframe because a loadout is not available and I/we just want to jump in.  We do not want to take the time to setup the perfect squad.  Or I was invited to a mission in session to help someone and did not have a loadout setup for it specifically.

I have 16 loadout slots, and 39 warframes.  For the most part, I use a loadout slot for those warframes I like to play the most.  Only 2 loadouts are devoted to tasks: Eidolon & Leveling.  I have 1 loadout used for playing a mixed bag of frames for different reasons.  Which normally changes every 1 or 2 weeks. 

Why should I have a Defense slot and then have to go mod it to choose between: Frost, Khora, Gara or Limbo?  Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a slot for each of them and just be able to choose on the fly to take Frost for this one?  And Khora for the next?  Based on the actual mission, location & players for each?

On 2019-06-03 at 8:44 AM, sinnae said:

you can 100% play without loadout slots.

yes, you are correct, you can.

That is not, however, the same thing as doing it in a time efficient manner.  I do not want to take even 1/10th of an hour that I could use to play, to tweak something out for a specific mission.  And then do it again, and again... and again.   I would rather just play the game.  A maintenance tweak to a slot setup here and there is just simpler and more efficient so far as I am concerned.

Besides, why does it matter?  It is nothing more then a few simple 1's or 0's in a database registry and an utterly simple upgrade to the existing menu system...

Warframe is game full of variety, why would they not make it simple for me to experience that variety?  Why make it so time consuming?

The game may be a grind, but for god's-sake, the menu system should not be...

On 2019-06-02 at 10:27 PM, CitricComet said:

But as it is, it inherently limits the variety play

not really cause you can have a loadout for your most efficient: CC build, eidolon, orb fight, general combat, etc and then favorite fashion frames if you want. it is more or less the bookmark feature it is meant for convenience more than anything

On 2019-06-04 at 11:48 PM, (PS4)meow121325 said:

not really cause you can have a loadout for your most efficient

This statement is not really getting my point - I am not looking to only play with the 'most efficient' warframes.  I want to play with: any warframe.  I just don't want to configure a slot before every mission.  There are lots of very-fun warframes, worth playing with, that are not the most 'efficient'. 

On 2019-06-07 at 7:25 PM, CitricComet said:

This statement is not really getting my point - I am not looking to only play with the 'most efficient' warframes.  I want to play with: any warframe.  I just don't want to configure a slot before every mission.  There are lots of very-fun warframes, worth playing with, that are not the most 'efficient'. 

well due to the litteral MILLIONS of weapon combos possible it will be impossible for DE to implement so many loadout spots 

I hardly use loadoat slots even after spending some time setting them up but at the same time I kind of agree with the OP in that there should be at least one for each frame plus one 'universal' one.  The main reason I don't use loadout slots is mainly due to just swapping as I go but part of this 'habit' is due to the issue that they automatically save changes to loadouts (pretty sure they still do this) which essentially makes the idea of a stored setup pointless. 

Am ‎08‎.‎06‎.‎2019 um 02:25 schrieb CitricComet:

So basically what you are saying is "I´m too lazy to take 5 seconds of my life to switch out my warframe"

And that isn´t even an exaggeration!! It takes literaly 5 seconds to do that

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ZAYNE 79 said:

And that isn´t even an exaggeration!! It takes literaly 5 seconds to do that

Going to need to see an un-speed up video of you going from navigation to arsenal to switch frame / weapons and mod loadouts of frame and 1 weapon. Because sorties is the only time I need to be that specific. Pretty sure it more than 5 seconds.

But yes it is not long to do. Having more loadouts to be is because I forget what combination I last used for something or want a starting point of a new build.

Edited by Zelmen