Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Trading system

Alucarddp

Good Afternoon Warframe

I am a general gamer that played on and off for a long time but recently found my self spending every free moment playing Warframe its truly an amazing game!

Coming from World of Warcraft and Path of Exile(POE) as two of my most hours played games I noticed the lack in trading in the game with no in-house actuation house and even the 3de party sites being really bad compared to the system currently implemented by POE where you can buy an in-game inventory slot to give you access to more convenient trading experience.

If you look at https://poe.trade/ its got the same base principle as https://warframe.market/
with the huge difference being the effort path of exile took in making it an in-game listable item.

with the current system in place, I was wondering if there is data either available or can be made available to pull in your inventory to a 3de party to make listing/price compare my items easier as I will even create the website to be able to import the data and display it in an easier manner to trade with other players.

Kind Regards
Alucarddp

[DE]Harry Wednesday at 07:20

Hello Alucarddp

Thank you for your feedback. To make our development team aware of this, please post your request on the Warframe forums.

Our Forums are regularly monitored for new ideas, complaints, bugs and general feedback about the game, and are the best place to be heard. To visit the forums, please follow this link:

https://forums.warframe.com/

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us.

4 minutes ago, Alucarddp said:

Coming from World of Warcraft and Path of Exile(POE) as two of my most hours played games I noticed the lack in trading in the game with no in-house actuation house

Now go, and put "auction house" into the search function and read about the all the arguments about it.
This way we won't have to repeat everything that was already said...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Now go, and put "auction house" into the search function and read about the all the arguments about it.
This way we won't have to repeat everything that was already said...

You are missing the point what i want is a trading site that connected to your API so you can list your inventory more conveniently if the API is link depending on data that is shared you can also make a fast list of items you still require to buy (or go farm) add relic links to those item so you can see you are missing those relic's.

after that i want to setup a Warframe version of poe.ninja website.

Nothing has to change in game to make this posible.

Edited by Alucarddp

So in other words you want exactly what we have now.
Nothing would change, but DE would have wasted some time on it...
Seems unnecessary.

Warframe.market works fine. And there is no need for the site to double check with your ingame account if you have an item or not. If someone offers items they don't have, they will get bad reputation on the site, and people will just stopp trading with them.

I think the classical auction house doesn´t really fit Warframe because of several reasons. The poe solutions however seems to be a good qol improvement for trader.

Anyway apparently some people dont know this system so ill try to clarify. As far I know the API connection in POE alows player to put there items in special stashes (in game) which then will be listed automatically on the official or 3rd party website.

Essentially you don´t have to set up categories, filter, etc you list it add a price done. Currently warframes trading is scattered over several different websites each with focus on different things like riven mods or warframe parts.

However I´m not really familiar with external trading neither in POE nor Warframe therefore this might not be 100% accurate.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcira said:

Anyway apparently some people dont know this system so ill try to clarify. As far I know the API connection in POE alows player to put there items in special stashes (in game) which then will be listed automatically on the official or 3rd party website.

How's that work for consoles? 

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How's that work for consoles? 

It doesnt. They have another system somewhat similar to a basar where you have to find stuff by yourself.

Edited by Arcira

On 2019-06-21 at 12:22 PM, WhiteMarker said:

So in other words you want exactly what we have now.
Nothing would change, but DE would have wasted some time on it...
Seems unnecessary.

Warframe.market works fine. And there is no need for the site to double check with your ingame account if you have an item or not. If someone offers items they don't have, they will get bad reputation on the site, and people will just stopp trading with them.

Hi White Marker

You clearly lack the experience as you do not understand the functions this would allow being implemented, in-game everything could stay the same yes.

But for the seller and buyers side, there is a lot of upgrades that could be implemented and just because you enjoy the current trading system does not mean you would have to change, but I want a better system and will work to achieve it.

Please consider playing some path of exile and get an understanding of what I am referring to before you consider to reply to this message as your lack of experience in API trading seems to limited at this stage to hold a conversation with you.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-21 at 4:44 PM, Arcira said:

I think the classical auction house doesn´t really fit Warframe because of several reasons. The poe solutions however seems to be a good qol improvement for trader.

Essentially you don´t have to set up categories, filter, etc you list it add a price done. Currently warframes trading is scattered over several different websites each with focus on different things like riven mods or warframe parts.

However I´m not really familiar with external trading neither in POE nor Warframe therefore this might not be 100% accurate.

Hi Arcira

Yes that is where I want to go with this consolidate all forms and types of trading of warframe items (on PC)

But with the added benefits of having your inventory being imported, you can add functions like inventory worth to it go farm all night long get back to orbiter and open the site and site can automatically show you all your items and the current trading price per item (this is market-related and some people do play markets so best to double check prices of items like rives etc.

But without actually having DE involved this wont turn into reality.

14 minutes ago, Alucarddp said:

Hi White Marker

You clearly lack the experience as you do not understand the functions this would allow being implemented, in-game everything could stay the same yes.

But for the seller and buyers side, there is a lot of upgrades that could be implemented and just because you enjoy the current trading system does not mean you would have to change, but I want a better system and will work to achieve it.

Please consider playing some path of exile and get an understanding of what I am referring to before you consider to reply to this message as your lack of experience in API trading seems to limited at this stage to hold a conversation with you.

I mean, I don't have to play a game to understand you. You have to exactly describe what you want and how it would work.
Or do you want to tell DE that they should go play another game and then implement a system like the one in this other game?
DE said multiple times that they want the system to be the way it is right now. They want people to interact. And they don't want a system where you can place all your items and be done with it. That's why we have to use the chat.
(external sites exist, because DE pretty much can't do anything about these sites)

When you say that talking to me is pointless, because I don't know how things in other games work, then isn't it pointless to talk to you, because you can't explain yourself properly?

21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I mean, I don't have to play a game to understand you. You have to exactly describe what you want and how it would work.
Or do you want to tell DE that they should go play another game and then implement a system like the one in this other game?
DE said multiple times that they want the system to be the way it is right now. They want people to interact. And they don't want a system where you can place all your items and be done with it. That's why we have to use the chat.
(external sites exist, because DE pretty much can't do anything about these sites)

When you say that talking to me is pointless, because I don't know how things in other games work, then isn't it pointless to talk to you, because you can't explain yourself properly?

I am telling you to go play it, you as a person don't understand the technical aspects behind what i am saying and for some reason you seem to be stuck on a actuation house idea.

The chatting between players will still be used for all trading as it is currently being done.

all i want to change is the back end of it. for 80% the front end user side would stay very similar to the current method. but with a huge change to the back end side that would enable logs tracking of sales creating watch list items most can be implemented without DE but the starting point is getting the API linked with the site that does absolutely nothing for the user by it self that they cannot all ready see in the mobile app but now i want to take it 1 set further for newer players make a list of all the weapons ect in game and link their mastery ranks to them so suddenly you have a easy way to track hey i am missing 5 weapons and they will cost me XXXX the trading page is 1 part of the bigger picture of having information at your finger tips in a way you want it presented to you.

think of this more of a upgrade on the current system you are using than anything esle not having to go mark items as sold every time you have done a sale all minor upgrades but together makes for a much better system that has allot more room for growth.

I hope i expressed my self a little bit better this time 🙂

On 2019-06-21 at 10:02 AM, Alucarddp said:

You are missing the point what i want is a trading site that connected to your API so you can list your inventory more conveniently if the API is link depending on data that is shared you can also make a fast list of items you still require to buy (or go farm) add relic links to those item so you can see you are missing those relic's.

Sounds a bit like the Warframe Market site.

On 2019-06-21 at 11:02 AM, Alucarddp said:

Yes, because the API for Path of Exile's trading works sooo well.
Honestly, Warframe's trading is way, way superior.

Fast, responsive, sleekly designed and it doesn't require me to wade through pages of price fixers and bots.

Could someone else, not the OP, explain to me, what the OP really wants?
First he talked about a new trading system without explaining anything. Then he just wanted to improve Warframe.market what really doesn't need that much improvement. Then he wants to make a list of weapons showing their mastery rank and such things. So he wants to make the wiki, which we also already have.
So please, I really want to understand the OP, but whenever I ask for an explanation, he starts with something else, but doesn't explain it properly.

We have the Codex, the Wiki, the Market-sites. Why do we have to reinvent things that already exist? óÒ

The current market sites work extremely well. People list only items they want to sell. Why would I want a backend API that pulls all items in my inventory and to sell them there? For example I Have several sets of Arcane Energize/Grace R3, and I am not selling them whatsoever. Also wouldn’t this increase the workload of Warframe servers by 10-100 times and cause the system to be slow? 

11 hours ago, George_PPS said:

The current market sites work extremely well. People list only items they want to sell. Why would I want a backend API that pulls all items in my inventory and to sell them there? For example I Have several sets of Arcane Energize/Grace R3, and I am not selling them whatsoever. Also wouldn’t this increase the workload of Warframe servers by 10-100 times and cause the system to be slow? 

'The current market sites work extremely well"   Yes just don't try looking for Rivens and prime items on 1 site 😛

"People list only items they want to sell"            Having the API linked does not put all your items up for sale you still list your items that you want to sell.

workload would increase yes the amount of data transferred is very low thou.

28 minutes ago, Alucarddp said:

'The current market sites work extremely well"   Yes just don't try looking for Rivens and prime items on 1 site 😛

"People list only items they want to sell"            Having the API linked does not put all your items up for sale you still list your items that you want to sell.

workload would increase yes the amount of data transferred is very low thou.

That's-that's why there are sites for Rivens and everything else. Riven trading is higher tier trading than regular trading.

Having it API linked would mean everyone could see everyone's inventory. I'd prefer that they don't. I really don't need this to turn into a game where you have to keep blocking people cuz they asking "yo is your X for sale" and you go "no" and they don't get the memo.

Workload would be higher, as more data would be transferred. Everything that changed in your inventory would have to be synced with the API.

20 minutes ago, Nok-Rntha said:

That's-that's why there are sites for Rivens and everything else. Riven trading is higher tier trading than regular trading.

Having it API linked would mean everyone could see everyone's inventory. I'd prefer that they don't. I really don't need this to turn into a game where you have to keep blocking people cuz they asking "yo is your X for sale" and you go "no" and they don't get the memo.

Workload would be higher, as more data would be transferred. Everything that changed in your inventory would have to be synced with the API.

"Having it API linked would mean everyone could see everyone's inventory" no it does not only you would have access to that information.

And the yes it would Sync with your live game without actually testing on DE side wont be able to say if there servers would even feel the extra work load as from my discussions with Grinding gear's its a minor load.

So lets try this again my objective is to

1. live trading of all items in game that are trade-able  (Import your inventory to the website for easy listings no more canceling a sale after you are done on the website ect.) 

2. implement a system to show you what items are missing to complete a set (either for trading or for mastery system already exists but not really in a easy way to buy the missing parts)

Those are the 2 major objectives with a bunch of smaller quality of life data that you would have access to.

2.1  You would be able to have a inventory worth estimate.

2.2. See what are hot selling items currently.

2.3 Have historical trade data to more accurately price items.

2.4. Relic buying for target farming parts (this combines with point 2)

To refer to a comment made earlier from WhiteMarker

"We have the Codex, the Wiki, the Market-sites. Why do we have to reinvent things that already exist? óÒ "

why does DE release updates every few weeks.... Improvement is part of the game and improving the trade system should not be an exception.

The best part is no one will be forced to use my system (if it gets DE approval) if you don't like it use the current system its a free market or just don't link your API and you will just have what you have now but all in one place.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alucarddp said:

"Having it API linked would mean everyone could see everyone's inventory" no it does not only you would have access to that information.

And the yes it would Sync with your live game without actually testing on DE side wont be able to say if there servers would even feel the extra work load as from my discussions with Grinding gear's its a minor load.

And how would having that information benefit me? I'd be able to see my inventory outside of the game, but why? What would I gain? I don't trust in trading being done entirely on some site; the game being the middleman sarves as protection so you don't get scammed. Hell, they even introduced 2FA to help with that.

The thing is, Path of Exile has an intergrated API with inventories because having the best items is kind of a big deal in an action RPG, not a horde shooter like Warframe. The system you're proposing could maybe work with Rivens, but not much else.

4 minutes ago, Nok-Rntha said:

And how would having that information benefit me? I'd be able to see my inventory outside of the game, but why? What would I gain? I don't trust in trading being done entirely on some site; the game being the middleman sarves as protection so you don't get scammed. Hell, they even introduced 2FA to help with that.

The thing is, Path of Exile has an intergrated API with inventories because having the best items is kind of a big deal in an action RPG, not a horde shooter like Warframe. The system you're proposing could maybe work with Rivens, but not much else.

And how would having that information benefit me? information is power how you use it is up to you but i would use it to see market trends

Trading will still be done in game as normal so i am unsure what you are referring to.

"The thing is, Path of Exile has an intergrated API with inventories because having the best items is kind of a big deal in an action RPG, not a horde shooter like Warframe. The system you're proposing could maybe work with Rivens, but not much else." not all players are at end game i have so many friends at mastery rank 5-12 hunting prime parts relics ect this would benefit them more than it would you.

and the whole point for me wanting this is i want to see see what mods rivens frames ect are all still missing from my collection and in a better way start buying/trading them.

just a point i made on another post is you don't need to link your API/account to the site you will just not see all the extra details but would be able to trade as you do now.

2 minutes ago, Alucarddp said:

So lets try this again my objective is to

1. live trading of all items in game that are trade-able  (Import your inventory to the website for easy listings no more canceling a sale after you are done on the website ect.) 

2. implement a system to show you what items are missing to complete a set (either for trading or for mastery system already exists but not really in a easy way to buy the missing parts)

Those are the 2 major objectives with a bunch of smaller quality of life data that you would have access to.

2.1  You would be able to have a inventory worth estimate.

2.2. See what are hot selling items currently.

2.3 Have historical trade data to more accurately price items.

2.4. Relic buying for target farming parts (this combines with point 2)

To refer to a comment made earlier from WhiteMarker

"We have the Codex, the Wiki, the Market-sites. Why do we have to reinvent things that already exist? óÒ "

why does DE release updates every few weeks.... Improvement is part of the game and improving the trade system should not be an exception.

The best part is no one will be forced to use my system (if it gets DE approval) if you don't like it use the current system its a free market or just don't link your API and you will just have what you have now but all in one place.

1. Unnecessary. Use the site, find item, trade item, done. Automation is unreliable.
2. You can already do that ingame. When you have a BP for an item, you see which parts you need. If you don't have the BP, you can check the trading site and the wiki, with the wiki being more accurate on the parts you still need. (it doesn't list how many recievers or barrels or ornaments an item requires)

2.1. Why? People don't trade away their entire inventories to make plat; they trade rivens, gun parts, prime parts, mods and occasionally whole sets or weapons. But if you want bragging rights and compare which person's inventory is worth more, go ahead.
2.2. Unnecessary. You'd see Rivens, current new primes and current unvaults. Stuff like that is always hot. You wouldn't see anything else.
2.3. Historical price data is useless in a constantly shifting market like Warframe. Each unvault and Twitch Prime free promo shifts the prices in one way or another. For an example, Trinity Prime is vaulted, but because she was given out for free during a Twitch Prime free trial promo, she became basically worthless on the market.
2.4. People already buy relics. They find people that sell them, contact them and get a trade going. Unless you're going for some really obscure ones that no longer drop, just play Excavation and stuff in the Void.

There's a difference between reinventing things to make them better and doing improvements where no improvements are necessary. If it works, why change it?
Last point is just... Ugh.
You're saying this entire system will just exist as an added layer of optional complexity, which makes every single point you made moot.