Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate Torwards New Content Is Blown Out Of Proportion

ForumSmurf

its rediculous because it's been 4 work days since patch u10 release. Monday-thursday, today doesn't count. Have you ever worked a job? there's only so much you can accomplish in a Four days. All this hate and blame is justified if it was liek some mmo's i played were S#&$ was left for months with no contact from the DEV's. But mere days jesus!!!!

DE is not producing a game on a AAA hundred million dollar budget where they can afford a legion of 70 testers. i worked as a tester many years ago at Microsoft they literally had 90 testers. We are DE's testers so expect S#&$ to be broken and unbalanced. 

You can't live life expecting everyone to make everything perfect but we can expect good people to try and if they fail to fix them in a timely manor. DE has never done anything opposite of this.

Lastly im a hardcore player and i've gotten all U10 content in 4 days. It didn't take long. Anyone else thinking this game is a grind, i suggest you never play another game because it will be hell and you will taught the real definition of grinding. This isn't grind this is gameplay. Take league of legends for example it takes a solid week of playing to earn enough in game money for one good 6300 ip champion. It took me an entire year to get a few dozen good champions. In this game it take me literally 30 minutes to farm any character i want and another 30-45 minutes to farm the materials to craft him. 

Things no other game developer does.

1) talk with community on a daily basis about real internal development hurtals and progress.

2) pump hotfiz's by the dozens daily until its fixxed. Some games i couldn't loggin for a week but DE would have patched something that severe in an hour

3) implement things we suggest on a regular basis

4) make a short twitch blog bi monthly talking to us about their development.

5) go to games convensions regularly like they and we matter.

6) Rebecca

Edited by ForumSmurf

its rediculous because it's been 4 work days since patch u10 release. Monday-thursday, today doesn't count. Have you ever worked a job? there's only so much you can accomplish in a Four days. All this hate and blame is justified if it was liek some mmo's i played were S#&$ was left for months with no contact from the DEV's. But mere days jesus!!!!

DE is not producing a game on a AAA hundred dollar budget where they can afford a legion of 70 testers. i worked as a tester many years ago at Microsoft they literally had 90 testers. We are DE's testers so expect S#&$ to be broken and unbalanced. 

You can't live life expecting everyone to make everything perfect but we can expect good people to try and if they fail to fix them in a timely manor. DE has never done anything opposite of this.

1) talk with community on a daily basis about real internal development hurtals and progress.

2) pump hotfiz's by the dozens daily until its fixxed. Some games i couldn't loggin for a week but DE would have patched something that severe in an hour

6) Rebecca

Aside from the new boss, and that's being extremely generous, what new content are you referring to? Edited by NalkorRN

DE is not producing a game on a AAA hundred dollar budget where they can afford a legion of 70 testers. i worked as a tester many years ago at Microsoft they literally had 90 testers. We are DE's testers so expect S#&$ to be broken and unbalanced. 

Lastly im a hardcore player and i've gotten all U10 content in 4 days. It didn't take long. Anyone else thinking this game is a grind, i suggest you never play another game because it will be hell and you will taught the real definition of grinding. This isn't grind this is gameplay. Take league of legends for example it takes a solid week of playing to earn enough in game money for one good 6300 ip champion. It took me an entire year to get a few dozen good champions. In this game it take me literally 30 minutes to farm any character i want.

6) Rebecca

+1

Aside from the new boss, and that's being extremely generous, what new content are you referring to?

dakka, mag prime, nekkros, 3 melee, 4 clan research weapons. A whole new tileset ( i treat a tileset like some mmo's pumping out a region) the detail and artistic work needed to make a complete tileset appears to be tremendous work it ain't like dumpnig rehashed content out again this is real new content)

Edited by ForumSmurf

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, also try to understand that since Update 7, no major mechanical changes or improvements have been made. There have been features added, sure. The UI was rewritten. Okay, we're getting there. Why can't we purchase items from the Market and Dojo in bulk?

What about making Blocking worthwhile? What about improving the Parkour system? What about improving the enemy AI? What about confusing the AI with Parkour? Networking issues? There are a number of players out there who can't get any further into the network than chat.

What about Lore? The last implementation of that was quite a while ago. So long, they even forgot what the chapter was even called.

What about the Camera? You still can't fight properly with your back against a wall. What about the Mastery System? Nothing tied to that yet except a few weapons. Players were promised slots, goodies, all sorts of things. What about fixing issues with the physics engine, particularly due to framerate issues. Delta time can be used to resolve this issue.

There is new content being added to the game every update, but at the same time, only superficial changes are made to the underlying mechanics of the game. This has been going on since Update 7, and these Content Focused updates are damaging faith in those that can see the issues.

core changes need much more work and are probubly being worked in the background with much longer release cycles. In the mean time you can't expect them to not pump any superficial things out because these are different departments at work. Artists have to keep working and pumping out art content. Artists are not programmers. The core things you talk about are probably really hard and there's probably a group tackling them. 

I can't think of an online game company who doesn't do all of that. Maybe Nexon, but you know... its korean and the American branch has no control over anything.

Most of that is to be expected from a game any more, especially a Beta, but the rate of the hotfixes IS impressive.  Not weeks, not days  but HOURS. You could rightfully complain that a lot of what they end up fixing in hours after an update is stuff that really should not have been broken in an update... but we are the testers so... it happens.  I've played other games where they will hotfix bad errors quickly but not every time, and some of the gemebreaking stuff lasts for weeks.  This alone makes DE a pretty good group.

core changes need much more work and are probubly being worked in the background with much longer release cycles. In the mean time you can't expect them to not pump any superficial things out because these are different departments at work. Artists have to keep working and pumping out art content. Artists are not programmers. The core things you talk about are probably really hard and there's probably a group tackling them. 

Haven't heard word from anyone, not even a mention from developers. And sure, I know very well that the content designers aren't the programmers. But where are the programmers? Making apologies for this behaviour that's been occurring for 6 months isn't going to resolve the underlying issue that there's just nothing happening past content.

If everyone in the world was forced to work as a restaurant waiter and a customer service rep for 1 year, the world would be a much better place.

Or... replace all those jobs with robots, and everyone can be raised as an engineer, and all the people who weren't can live out their lives in their positions till they die, and replace them with a robot, that way everyone is an engineer, with a big pay check, and robots do all the hard stuff... problem solved...

Much of the frustration you're feeling is mainly due to balance. But the game as a piece of swoftware has evolve tremendously. Things are much less broken/buggy. I don't fall through floors anymore. Theres real multi core usage now that noone is taking advantage of. UI changes several times each one becoming better. Besides balance things just aren't as broken as they use to be. Im not afraid to click things anymore.

Edited by ForumSmurf

No one thinks the content itself is bad.

The delivery of said content was atrocious.

what followed was a resurface of VERY old wounds that combined with the very recent Datamine.

Showed what a lot of people in the community were already thinking for months....

DE gives 0 S#&$s about US , the Community as a whole , the Design Council or any of our feedback, constructive or otherwise.

2 times have they completely lied to our faces about changes to loot tables, which affect the platinum market place.

ask how many people wasted packs and packs of Void keys and got nothing to show for it.

it is that which is now a festering wound that will never heal in the community US who have been here from the start have seen this happen time and time again.

This apology is but a mere PR move to save face and try to salvage the situation... 

Nothing here is blown out of proportion , it is in fact very much in proportion to what has been done. 

It's not so much as "this update suuuucks" but "This update broke the camel's back"

Nah,  it's more like, "Hate missile ready to launch, sir. But... but the intelligence hasn't fully been studied, sir, i think we should wait a couple of days."

"Shut up, Lieutenant, the plan was rage and we will rage."

People flipped out about the keys and ONE DAY LATER people were all, "oh..... it doesnt take that long."

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Dakra Prime Blade had riddiculously low drop rate.. you got lucky so we can go F*** ourselves... well, this creates some nice and friendly community, doesn't it.

40+ T3 Ext run, no Dakra Blade, no Dakra BP and that's the only thing I farmed for.

F*** you for being lucky, and F*** you for saying problem doesnt exist because youre one of the chosen ones it doesnt affect,

Edited by LocoWithGun

Much of the frustration you're feeling is mainly due to balance. But the game as a piece of swoftware has evolve tremendously. Things are much less broken/buggy. I don't fall through floors anymore. Theres real multi core usage now that noone is taking advantage of. UI changes several times each one becoming better. Besides balance things just aren't as broken as they use to be. Im not afraid to click things anymore.

I think you misunderstand me. I am not breathing fire and brimstone down Digital Extremes' throat. I am merely providing examples and reasoning as to why some people feel the need to make noise.

No one thinks the content itself is bad.

The delivery of said content was atrocious.

what followed was a resurface of VERY old wounds that combined with the very recent Datamine.

Showed what a lot of people in the community were already thinking for months....

DE gives 0 S#&$s about US , the Community as a whole , the Design Council or any of our feedback, constructive or otherwise.

2 times have they completely lied to our faces about changes to loot tables, which affect the platinum market place.

ask how many people wasted packs and packs of Void keys and got nothing to show for it.

it is that which is now a festering wound that will never heal in the community US who have been here from the start have seen this happen time and time again.

This apology is but a mere PR move to save face and try to salvage the situation... 

Nothing here is blown out of proportion , it is in fact very much in proportion to what has been done. 

A Pr bullcrap driven faced company NEVER EVER apologizes. Apologies puts you in the most vulnerable position one can possibly put themselves. And only people who are trusting would do that to themselves. When given the golden poo award EA still refuses to apologizes but arrogantly comes out saying its a load of Bull crap everyone loves and buys our games. 

Edited by ForumSmurf

Nah,  it's more like, "Hate missile ready to launch, sir. But... but the intelligence hasn't fully been studied, sir, i think we should wait a couple of days."

"Shut up, Lieutenant, the plan was rage and we will rage."

People flipped out about the keys and ONE DAY LATER people were all, "oh..... it doesnt take that long."

Nah, keys started at a cost of 3 hours for non boss keys, with HUGE costs to build them, and the boss key was 6hrs, with 10k salvage, 3k circuits cost. Within a day or two, it was fixed. THAT'S why people went "oh, now it's fine." nothing else.

Nah, keys started at a cost of 3 hours for non boss keys, with HUGE costs to build them, and the boss key was 6hrs, with 10k salvage, 3k circuits cost. Within a day or two, it was fixed. THAT'S why people went "oh, now it's fine." nothing else.

The cost was that high? I dont remember people complaining about the cost, it was more about the time.

But we have to remember that the drops are 100% so it's just a matter of waiting and sharing.

10k salvage can realistically be acquire within a few Io defense runs.

The cost was that high? I dont remember people complaining about the cost, it was more about the time.

But we have to remember that the drops are 100% so it's just a matter of waiting and sharing.

10k salvage can realistically be acquire within a few Io defense runs.

Eh, I remember people complaining about the time it took to farm up the mats for a key, and then the time it took too.

A Pr bullcrap driven faced company NEVER EVER apologizes. Apologies puts you in the most vulnerable position one can possibly put themselves. And only people who are trusting would do that to themselves. When given the golden poo award EA still refuses to apologizes but arrogantly comes out saying its a load of Bull crap everyone loves and buys our games. 

Still a PR move.

I never claimed DE is driven by PR BS but, this particular event and the other that predate it show a much more PR BS related DE then they usually are. very defensive very secretive.

the only reason they are apologizing is the fact that they put too much energy into the "we listen to our fans" bit.

if they say nothing it becomes a bigger  deal.

yet they have shown many a times that money comes first.

ill be totally honest with you bro.

i went into this game with lots of hope, still have some.

but bridges were lit on fire by DE with recent updates and rebuilding this trust wont come easy.

Edited by TisEric