Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag augment to match the cgi movie

(PSN)big_eviljak

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Did i hear it correctly? Their goin to make an augment to make her magnetize work like that!

It is basically Nyx's Absorb. I really hope it is just a hoax and cinematics error. Changing Mag's Magnetize to Nyx's Absorb is not only stupid but also frame killing. Nyx is already in a bad place - only usable for Absorb and in very rare cases. Mag only lives thanks to Magnetize working as it does atm. Changing it will kill two frames. Just don't.

7 minutes ago, Sanxxieh said:

It is basically Nyx's Absorb. I really hope it is just a hoax and cinematics error. Changing Mag's Magnetize to Nyx's Absorb is not only stupid but also frame killing. Nyx is already in a bad place - only usable for Absorb and in very rare cases. Mag only lives thanks to Magnetize working as it does atm. Changing it will kill two frames. Just don't.

You realize nova has anti-matter absorb? It's literally an absorb that is smaller but can travel and provide shielding. Nyx has her niche, mag doesn't really need this but it's easier to add an augment than change the already finished and paid for CGI movie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sanxxieh said:

They wont outright change it to be like absorb, it would be an augment. If you dont like it, dont use it

Think of a magnetize bubble staying in front of you & absorbing damage coming in front of you (with the same mecanism as Barruk's 1) - then she release the potential damage in front of her like a canister-shell (bigger the distance is, higher the damages will drop).

We could argue that other frames has a similar attribute; but (if it's working as I described) I found it more suited to Mag than the current magnetize ability, as her first ability is the jedi "pull", her second ability became the jedi "push".

27 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

You realize nova has anti-matter absorb? It's literally an absorb that is smaller but can travel and provide shielding. Nyx has her niche, mag doesn't really need this but it's easier to add an augment than change the already finished and paid for CGI movie.

The difference between Anti-matter drop absorbtion and Nyx Absorb is so huge that I should not really need to explain it to you. Giving this example as an argument to prove me wrong you showed you have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about. So I'll just pass explaining and go to the latter part of your reply. As for the CGI part - yes, it is easier to put an augment when someone does an obvious mistake in a CGI video instead of checking the vid and catch the mistake and fix it before rendering and releasing. It is like finding a bug and calling it a feature just to not admit it was a mistake. If that was a purposeful act, to add the augment, I have no clue who had this idea, but they should be fired.

That aside. As long as it is an Augment and not forced change there is still hope for Nyx and Mag. Otherwise both will die and will need a rework. Again.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

They wont outright change it to be like absorb, it would be an augment. If you dont like it, dont use it 

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't like it and won't use it if it is an augment. But if it is a forced change - they should burn XD

2 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

Think of a magnetize bubble staying in front of you & absorbing damage coming in front of you (with the same mecanism as Barruk's 1) - then she release the potential damage in front of her like a canister-shell (bigger the distance is, higher the damages will drop).

We could argue that other frames has a similar attribute; but (if it's working as I described) I found it more suited to Mag than the current magnetize ability, as her first ability is the jedi "pull", her second ability became the jedi "push".

Mag's Magnetize does not only hold the incomming damage (even though it is an amazing shield, which I use pretty often) it is also a source of amazing CC (it pulls enemies into it) and also a source of damage multiplier. Win-win.
With Absorb-like thingie - it will cost lots of energy and kill nothing at lvls 100+.

Edited by Sanxxieh

Just now, Sanxxieh said:

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't like it and won't use it if it is an augment. But if it is a forced change - they should burn XD

Yea theyve confirmed its only going to be an augment. What Im most excited for personally is that this opens the door to frames having more then 1 augment for abilities 

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Yea theyve confirmed its only going to be an augment. What Im most excited for personally is that this opens the door to frames having more then 1 augment for abilities 

That sounds amazing, the more than one Augment per ability thing. Wonder whether 2 augments of same power would work together or colide... and if would work... perhaps they'd add more Mod slots in future? Or make Augment Exclusive Slots, like Exilus. Dunno, just wondering XD

1 minute ago, Sanxxieh said:

The difference between Anti-matter drop absorbtion and Nyx Absorb is so huge that I should not really need to explain it to you. Giving this example as an argument to prove me wrong you showed you have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about. So I'll just pass explaining and go to the latter part of your reply. As for the CGI part - yes, it is easier to put an augment when someone does an obvious mistake in a CGI video instead of checking the vid and catch the mistake and fix it before rendering and releasing. It is like finding a bug and calling it a feature just to not admit it was a mistake...

Yes absorb and anti-matter absorb are different but conceptually they are the same as are the abilities. When nyx channels base absorb, she creates a spherical absorbs field centered on her that absorbs all incoming damage, and upon secondary cast releases absorbed damage (used to be as magnetic but now it's based on damage absorbed). Nyx is invulnerable during the channel from all damage so long as she has the energy.

Anti-matter absorb, effectively the same thing except it is centered on the antimatter drop ball. This allows it to move (constantly) and its speed is controlled via aim-down-sight. By casting it in front of you, it will provide you with a front shield though not side shields.

Mags upcoming augment effectively a bullet attractor that she casts in front of her, but it is not mobile, just probably channeled in front to absorb damage and then release it what seems like in a beam line.

il y a 4 minutes, Sanxxieh a dit :

Mag's Magnetize does not only hold the incomming damage (even though it is an amazing shield, which I use pretty often) it is also a source of amazing CC (it pulls enemies into it) and also a source of damage multiplier. Win-win.
With Absorb-like thingie - it will cost lots of energy and kill nothing at lvls 100+.

Yeah, I rediscovered the CC part of this ability few days ago; that's neat.

But we could argue that :
1- it will hold incomming damages, like today, but with more efficiency as it will not be a static bubble, but a true shield maintained in front of you;
2- the CC could also remain, but changed - unlike now (forced the enemy to not move) it will push them (opposite way of her Attraction ability) and so affect the same area she is protected from (larger angle, visualy more pronounced CC - ability to through enemies into the void like with the Attraction)

For the "source of damage multiplier", yeah... We really can't tell a thing, but if we push a bit : maybe like Vauban's abilities Mag will only use 1 hand to maintain the force-field; and with the 2nd... you could "charge" the bubble with your own bullets ? Yeah that's seems stoopid, but Nova is pretty much doing this... (except that for her it's an flying controled grenade and she's not in contact with it).

But in any case, if we are just a bit close to what will appear in-game, it would probably mean that we could see more "stronlgy modified ability" with the augment-mods (like Nyx' Assimilate, which make her from a sitting duck to litteraly a Terminator, moving, shooting, unvulnerable or near to that point).
So, wait & see.

4 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Did they confirm it will be a new augment rather than a reworked one? Sound promising if that´s true.

Edited by Arcira

Just add a Hold and Release mechanic to Pull.

It will have natural synergy with her augmented Crush which roots enemies in place but still allows them to shoot. It can be thrown back at enemies or target a Magnetize bubble to amp up it's damage stored. No synthetic forced synergy, it just works and she could use the extra defense without taking up a mod slot.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Just add a Hold and Release mechanic to Pull.

It will have natural synergy with her augmented Crush which roots enemies in place but still allows them to shoot. It can be thrown back at enemies or target a Magnetize bubble to amp up it's damage stored. No synthetic forced synergy, it just works and she could use the extra defense without taking up a mod slot.

This would be actually the best thing to do for Mag and this augment idea I'd say. Instead of destroying Magnetize make it a Pull augment/rework allowing to tap for simple pull effect it has now or hold for effect shown in the video. Win-win for Mag.

Edited by Sanxxieh

17 minutes ago, Sanxxieh said:

This would be actually the best thing to do for Mag and this augment idea I'd say. Instead of destroying Magnetize make it a Pull augment/rework allowing to tap for simple pull effect it has now or hold for effect shown in the video. Win-win for Mag.

I made a post on this interaction and added a few more things. Also gave Excal and Volt a slight tweak.

Mag certainly doesn't need to have Magnetize messed with and should just get this as a free feature. She could use a lil love anyways.

• Like 1

I think we're just going to have to accept that the cinematic won't exactly reflect gameplay: we currently don't pick up our throwing knife ammunition from the corpses of our enemies, nor can we literally run up vertical walls, nor do we use cover as part of combat (and the game actually really wants us not to, so that's going to be pretty misleading). Perhaps Mag could use an extra functionality to Pull or the like, but I don't think she expressly needs a rework just to fit the cinematic.