Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is everyone complaning about the current melee controls?

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

So... block? Since Block was bound to that button, and in the case of manual block getting restored, would most likely be back on that button, solving that issue?

We can but hope that's the case, but lets not pretend that's guaranteed to be the solution.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I've made threads about this singular facet, in particular calling out the Blocking problem. It shouldn't be ignored, but the good of the overall whole should be prioritised.

I agree, encouraging and increasing the ability to play a hybrid playstyle should be the priority so that people have best choice possible to play whatever they want whenever they want, but not to the detriment of either playstyle. Some of these changes never should have gone through in their current form.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I was mostly disagreeing with the claim that 2.0 was overall a more shallow system, which is just objectively wrong.

That's fair, although I do still stand by Melee 2.0 being more fluid than Melee 2.9 for the reasons I've mentioned, new slam attacks excluded. And again, I'm referring to melee combat and melee only here. The fact that it's more fluid to use your guns and such isn't relevant.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We can but hope that's the case, but lets not pretend that's guaranteed to be the solution.

Not for all the problems, no but for the 'swapping to guns when I don't want to', which is one of the biggest.

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I agree, encouraging and increasing the ability to play a hybrid playstyle should be the priority so that people have best choice possible to play whatever they want whenever they want, but not to the detriment of either playstyle. Some of these changes never should have gone through in their current form.

I'm not sure about never having gone through, but yes to the point.  For example not updating the stances, I believe they wanted to focus the feedback on this evidently more controversial change. We don't really know what would have gone down if they put the whole rework on us at once, for example, and it possibly could have been a lot worse in the long run. But that's starting to discuss alternate history, not melee.

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's fair, although I do still stand by Melee 2.0 being more fluid than Melee 2.9 for the reasons I've mentioned, new slam attacks excluded. And again, I'm referring to melee combat and melee only here. The fact that it's more fluid to use your guns and such isn't relevant.

In terms of the weird blocking shenanigans, yeah.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Not for all the problems, no but for the 'swapping to guns when I don't want to', which is one of the biggest.

I mean with regards to what DE may or may not do. We can hope it gets reapplied to RMB and this weird weapon swapping shenanigans is put behind us in favour of something that works for everyone, but there's no guarantee.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I mean with regards to what DE may or may not do. We can hope it gets reapplied to RMB and this weird weapon swapping shenanigans is put behind us in favour of something that works for everyone, but there's no guarantee.

That's why we need to keep giving feedback that's constructive.

On 2019-07-10 at 11:03 AM, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

I don't have any problem with the current system at all, i use Tempo Royale with my Galatine and i can consistently pull off August Mesto every time (you need to hold LT, the aim button), my only gripe maybe is that at the end of the combo (if i don't keep pressing O, the melee button on XB1) it auto-changes to my primary/secondary, and when i go back to my Melee my character somehow is using the weapon on the left hand (no jokes, seriously).  

But you guys complaning, have to be aware that most of those complaints are from PC players, and there's Xbox/PS4 players satisfied with the current changes.

Untrue

As a ps4 players the aim/switch combo is very annoying to me