Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 minute ago, Postal_pat said:

Add more markings and blame it on the cat. Then clearly mark territory in bobby-pins.

That would require a trip to the dollar store to obtain Bobby pins.

On one hand, pants, on the other, dollar store...

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

That would require a trip to the dollar store to obtain Bobby pins.

On one hand, pants, on the other, dollar store...

From the walmart memes, pants appears to be a loose term/requirement inside American stores.

Today I found Australia has a "Diversity" Council..... dear lord take me now.

My introduction into this begins with a list of words we should consider not to use:

• Mankind and chairman promotes the idea of men in power.
  • Guys/girls when referring to group of people or... sheilas in general (oh yes we're going there, pedantic city).
  • Husband/wife, mum/dad are not inclusive of lgbt families.
  • Love, darling, or honey though used as endearment can cause offence. (You don't say.)

*Sheila is Australian slang for the word girl. Using it here because woman includes the word man. I'm petty and pedantic.

Further more we should minimise our "manterruptions" and refer to the settlement of Australia as an invasion, occupation, or colonization. To be fair we already use the words colonization and occupied in schools and have done for a while.

Luckily for us everyone thinks this is crazy. However you ever get the feeling that a group of people, funded by the gov, could be doing so much more. Like doing research into the English language and what schools teach instead of blindly following a trend. They could be doing so much more for the people they're (apparently) trying to help but instead chose this as their campaign.

*insert emojis*

Here's a picture of a ticklish dog:

LCmoMU1.gif

7 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

~snip~

So basically you all have to be genderless blobs for fear of upsetting the few that are genderless blobs?

I'm being hyperbolic of course, but that husband/wife/mum/dad is a bit much for me. That's only likely to offend the 'T' part of LGBT given a Lesbian couple can happily refer to each other as 'wife' and I'm sure any kids can refer to them both as 'mum'. Why should everyone have to rework their brain for a few that might get upset, emphasis on the ''might''. 

If I ever upset someone in that position I'll apologise and refrain from using the term regarding them because I'm a decent chap, but that's it. I dislike this... de-genderisation of humaity, that's not even a word but I'm rolling with it.

This is why we British got rid of you lot, you're all bat:poop: crazy.

:clem:

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

_snip_

Not even the T part. They're always over the moon when called correctly. Changing it to genderless words does nothing to help anyone.

40 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This is why we British got rid of you lot, you're all bat:poop: crazy.

But I have dual citizenship with the UK. My father though is something like 6th(?) generation English. The part that did get kicked out was our Irish ancestor who knocked out a gentleman of the time in a feud, reportedly he called her a harlet then she punched him.

1 hour ago, Postal_pat said:

Not even the T part. They're always over the moon when called correctly. Changing it to genderless words does nothing to help anyone.

But I have dual citizenship with the UK. My father though is something like 6th(?) generation English. The part that did get kicked out was our Irish ancestor who knocked out a gentleman of the time in a feud, reportedly he called her a harlet then she punched him.

Given the state of the UK atm I'd renounce that citizenship. You're better off in Australia.

And yeah, there's gotta be a line somewhere. I'm all for being more tolerant of how other people perceive themselves, but when people are suggesting that we cannot use gender specific pronouns or terms anymore then I'm out. 

Those same people will one day declare that you cannot name your kid something that's specifically male or female in case they don't feel comfortable in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if that had already come up to be honest.

Edited by DeMonkey

22 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Given the state of the UK atm I'd renounce that citizenship. You're better off in Australia.

And yeah, there's gotta be a line somewhere. I'm all for being more tolerant of how other people perceive themselves, but when people are suggesting that we cannot use gender specific pronouns or terms anymore then I'm out. 

Those same people will one day declare that you cannot name your kid something that's specifically male or female in case they don't feel comfortable in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if that had already come up to be honest.

I got into a Facebook argument with someone that informed me that if I use the word "dude" than I am using ann inherently gendered word and I am therefore reinforcing gender stereotypes and I am a horrible person for it.

I was just like "what?"