Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I got into a Facebook argument with someone that informed me that if I use the word "dude" than I am using ann inherently gendered word and I am therefore reinforcing gender stereotypes and I am a horrible person for it.

I was just like "what?"

You should have told them to take their head outta their arse.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

You should have told them to take their head outta their arse.  

I did, and then i was told I was being transphobic and unaccepting of alternative views.

I'm with Monkey; if it bothers you, I will do my best to avoid using it but I'm not going to put myself on pins and needles on the off chance I might possibly, maybe, in some way, cause a potential offense. 

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I got into a Facebook argument with someone that informed me that if I use the word "dude" than I am using ann inherently gendered word and I am therefore reinforcing gender stereotypes and I am a horrible person for it.

I was just like "what?"

Facebook in a shellnut i guess.

22 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Given the state of the UK atm I'd renounce that citizenship. You're better off in Australia.

And yeah, there's gotta be a line somewhere. I'm all for being more tolerant of how other people perceive themselves, but when people are suggesting that we cannot use gender specific pronouns or terms anymore then I'm out. 

Those same people will one day declare that you cannot name your kid something that's specifically male or female in case they don't feel comfortable in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if that had already come up to be honest.

We're going to need more bus stops.

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I did, and then i was told I was being transphobic and unaccepting of alternative views.

I'm with Monkey; if it bothers you, I will do my best to avoid using it but I'm not going to put myself on pins and needles on the off chance I might possibly, maybe, in some way, cause a potential offense. 

I hate how people think they can hide behind trans. The objective is mostly to be more feminine, masculine, or androgynous and have people see you that way. Taking away gendered words is like putting your foot in someone else's cake.

22 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Welp, guess I'm screwed. :crylaugh:

Joking aside, it is hard having a life.

I recently found out there is a tattoo school near me that offer drawing classes - $10/class plus free booze.  I am so hitting that.

Might see if there's stuff like that in your area?

One of my topics broke, I'll just use this "high quality post central" thread to quickly test if this fix works:

Edit: Nope it didn't

Edit2: Here I go again

Edit3: Nope

Edit 4:Hopefully this time!

Edit 5: Everthing is great now!

I wonder if anyone saw all my tests

Edited by 16Bitman

56 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

One of my topics broke, I'll just use this "high quality post central" thread to quickly test if this fix works:

Edit: Nope it didn't

Edit2: Here I go again

Edit3: Nope

Edit 4:Hopefully this time!

Edit 5: Everthing is great now!

I wonder if anyone saw all my tests

Nope.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Hi guys I’ve been wondering of getting a PC but idk how to build one or which is good or bad 

TL;DL I’m a simple guy that have limited knowledge 

YouTube is probably pretty helpful with PC building, it's really just slotting things into the right place though.

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I was just like "what?"

good thing we don't have that S#&$ over here, i think, and hope

10 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

We're going to need more bus stops.

I hate how people think they can hide behind trans. The objective is mostly to be more feminine, masculine, or androgynous and have people see you that way. Taking away gendered words is like putting your foot in someone else's cake.

there isn't a foot in my cake

Spoiler

yet, and hopefully never, because i will fight and i don't care what those $&*&*#(%& morons ''think''

6 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Hi guys I’ve been wondering of getting a PC but idk how to build one or which is good or bad 

TL;DL I’m a simple guy that have limited knowledge 

https://pcpartpicker.com/ is one way to start for ideas. Building it is rather straight forward, its figuring out what you should put in it that can be tricky. Also it shall be noted that GPUs are very expensive because of coin miners, and RAM modules because of shortages.

I can recommend you to go with 16GB of RAM, as 8 GB is starting to be minimum and its always better with more than necessary. For storage it can be a good idea to get an SSD for the OS (nvme SSD if the budget allows) and a HDD for the main storage (you can also use a second SSD but they cost way more for the same capacity).

3 hours ago, Conquest_ said:

plz lock this thread from now, yes now just now lock this after 1 second this comment has existed plzz

Denied.