Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Persephone, the Lifebringer (Art Finished)V7, Reworked Due to melee changes.

keikogi

Ok, @(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII , here a more developed pitch for Fly trap Idea.

[PH] Carnivorous Plant’s – all the fruit plants spawned by sow the seed turn into fly traps. Warframe can get the fruit normally. Enemies have a 20% chance of attempting to get fruit. If he does so, the fly trap will close trapping and lifting him up in the air. Up to 3 enemies nearby will attempt to free their ally by attacking the fly trap. All damage done to the plant is transferred to the enemy inside, if the carnivorous plant manages to kill the enemy it will eat his body and the retaliate the 3 enemies attack by vomiting acid at them ( acid deal corrosive damage equals to HP of the eaten enemy).

What do you think? Fits really using the already existent fruit as bait for the fly trap. The element of chance is a good way to portrait that not every grineer is dumb enough to fall for the trap, even with taste fruit and a few mesmerizing smells involved.

Also I think I will go with the Crab Idea what do you think of this guy?

[PH] Plant Crab

Spoiler

Exalted Crab
Crab is massive plant like Rackoid (same size a Scyto Raknoid). Crab has his own skill set. Whenever, Persephone cast a skill Crab casts a skill of his own. Crab only attacks enemies that have been damaged by Persephone, he will go dormant if Persephone hasn’t damaged any enemies on the last 30 seconds. This summon is considered a new type of companion a rackoid companions, they can use the same mods as MOAs. Crab can be modded and visual customized at the Arsenal screen. His melee attacks use the same mods as Persephone melee weapon and his ranged attacks use the same mods as Persephone exalted weapon. If this crab is summoned in an open world map using an enemy that had more than 500 base Hp, the king version of the crab will spawn. This version is larger (same size as Kita Raknoide) has more hp and armour , but has the same skill set and damage. Mosty importantly if the player does any narta close to the crab he will dance like this

Spoiler

Whenever Persephone cast her 1, crab will vomit 5 small crabs (size of the mite Raknoide). The crabs will attack enemies and attempt to latch to their faces.
Whenever Persephone cast her 2, the crab will launch a tongue like protrusion towards that enemy. If he can move this enemy, he will pull that enemy towards his mouth if he can’t he will dash towards this enemy instead. Regardless of what happened before crab will relentless attack that enemy with his legs. If that enemy gets killed, crab will eat his copse healing himself.
Whenever Persephone cast her 3, crab will vomit an acid spray at the enemies caught by Persephone roots. Also, Crab has a copy of Persephone damage reduction buff.
Whenever Persephone casts her 4, the crab Aldo receives a copy of her exalted weapon. This copy only targets 2 enemies at a time and can link up to 4 enemies.

10 hours ago, keikogi said:

PH] Carnivorous Plant’s – all the fruit plants spawned by sow the seed turn into fly traps. Warframe can get the fruit normally. Enemies have a 20% chance of attempting to get fruit. If he does so, the fly trap will close trapping and lifting him up in the air. Up to 3 enemies nearby will attempt to free their ally by attacking the fly trap. All damage done to the plant is transferred to the enemy inside, if the carnivorous plant manages to kill the enemy it will eat his body and the retaliate the 3 enemies attack by vomiting acid at them ( acid deal corrosive damage equals to HP of the eaten enemy).

Yea i like this! Id say change the percentage to 1 in every 5 grineer that enter the plants radius will go towards the plant, as it leans less on rng

The rest is okay for an exalted crab imo. The crab using an exalted weapon im struggling to imagine though.

Only thing is the warframe does a whole lot with the exalted crab, but would be fun. 

And you asked me what i thought about the dance, well...... Yes

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

59 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Yea i like this! Id say change the percentage to 1 in every 5 grineer that enter the plants radius will go towards the plant, as it leans less on rng

Does any other ability use the the 1 every X? I know it is a more reliable mechanic, just want to know if it has precedent. I will use it regardless of precedent because this is a fan concept, so I’m going with better mechanic.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Only thing is the warframe does a whole lot with the exalted crab, but would be fun. 

Persephone exalted weapon is a bit weird because you don’t really wield it like a gun, you just need to point at the target (fingers or crab arms alike).  The thing is I’ve imagined her exalted weapon as 5 snake live vines wrapped around her arm, She just uses each finger to point a target, the snakes attack by themselves. This description was part of a previous version of the post, but I’ve removed it as part of an effort to streamline the it. How the Crab can use the weapon, The crab will have small arms like the Kyta Raknoids .

640?cb=20181111171801

Two snakes like vines are wrapped around his legs, he just uses his small arms to point the target.

He is replacing the current Kubrow and the Kubrow is no push over either. Also the kubrow was able to abuse hunter recovery because you can force it to attack using your 2, the crab doesn’t has access to that mod.But ultimately I think I will nerf him a bit.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Does any other ability use the the 1 every X? I know it is a more reliable mechanic, just want to know if it has precedent. I will use it regardless of precedent because this is a fan concept, so I’m going with better mechanic.

Persephone exalted weapon is a bit weird because you don’t really wield it like a gun, you just need to point at the target (fingers or crab arms alike).  The thing is I’ve imagined her exalted weapon as 5 snake live vines wrapped around her arm, She just uses each finger to point a target, the snakes attack by themselves. This description was part of a previous version of the post, but I’ve removed it as part of an effort to streamline the it. How the Crab can use the weapon, The crab will have small arms like the Kyta Raknoids .

640?cb=20181111171801

Two snakes like vines are wrapped around his legs, he just uses his small arms to point the target.

He is replacing the current Kubrow and the Kubrow is no push over either. Also the kubrow was able to abuse hunter recovery because you can force it to attack using your 2, the crab doesn’t has access to that mod.But ultimately I think I will nerf him a bit.

OHHHH okay gotchya!! Interesting and cool!!

Small rework on the ultimate, mostly the same but the damage buffs increases per 25 sap at the rate (10,20,30 and 50).
Small rework on the 3 , the vine armor refund became more generous(if you can hit 8 enemies it breaks even , more than that you generate armor) but the cc now is less reliable ( the enemy can use skill and can free themselves by melee attacking the roots). Also the limit on stacks per/s was reworked into break points, you will stop losing stacks at(90.80,70 …) for 1.75 s.
Swapped the exalted kubrow for an exalted raknoide.
Added the arguent suggested by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

Art update,

Here is the updated art.

FXHYme4.png

I second option will come in later.

I’ve been playing Borderlands ( Borderlands two , I will wait the steam launch of Borderlands 3 ) , and realized that switching weapons during combat feels fun, so I going change a bit how her exalted weapon works so it supports a tag the enemies them switch to your primary weapon or melee play style.

Also, I going to change the sentinel to a raknoide pet based on headcrabs from half-life. I’m going to rework the Gaia mod set I’ve posted a while ago. Going to rework the primary and melee. Now the primary will be spear gun and work like the guardian spear from 40 k ( both the a melee and ranged weapon) , kinda feel like all spear guns should be able to used as polearms.

Archived Versions

14 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Art 1's body i like better, i prefer mor bulky looking warframes

I agree with you in this one.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Art 2s helmet i like better than the other tho. The answer to why i think is the same to why brown is in my top 5 fav colors, i just like it

I'm torn between the helmets. I like both desings but I think the second one hits to close to this concept.

The other thing I like about option two is the arms. I like the natural trasition from forearms to arms. On desing one the fore arms look to much like piece of armor atached. On desing two it jist looks like the forearm is made of wood.

Edited by keikogi

No problem this is not endless side discussion it just a simple exchange of information.

Just send him a note at his devianart page. He gets the warframe style realy well there are two concepts I know he has done

Edit: the link for his page

https://www.deviantart.com/loone-wolf

Just send he a note and ask for a commission.

May I see the concept you are trying to get done?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Added the companion section, the initial design of the Raknoid companion is done I will polish it up later.

Edited by keikogi

Changed the exalted weapon to increase the holstering rate buff. Also removed the accuracy and reduced recoil buff, they got replaced by a health buff. Changed the healing, now the healing only happens at 100 stacks. It was anti synergetic when it happened on all casts (it used to stimulate the player to use to heal small amounts of damage but doing so would remove the buffs from the previous casts. Now the damage buff is directly linked to sap spent.

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, keikogi said:

Added a second option for design

N0Jl9h3.png

Which one do you like and why ?

I like this one the most. Both body and helmet. Smaller pauldrons provide a more sleek appearance in a game about agility with a lot of parkour. Also, the helm.

1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

I like this one the most. Both body and helmet. Smaller pauldrons provide a more sleek appearance in a game about agility with a lot of parkour. Also, the helm.

5 days ago, I could have taken that in consideration. But right know I can’t change the design that much.

What I can do right now are color changes and adjustments on this design

PWK3Q1k.png

1 minute ago, keikogi said:

5 days ago, I could have taken that in consideration. But right know I can’t change the design that much.

What I can do right now are color changes and adjustments on this design

PWK3Q1k.png

They're both excellent designs, so it's great either way. Color is honestly a non-issue to me when we can pretty much customize our colors in game anyways.

6 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

They're both excellent designs, so it's great either way. Color is honestly a non-issue to me when we can pretty much customize our colors in game anyways.

I had considered changing swaping the arms for the sleeker ones but utimatily decided against it for 3 reasons.

1. Most warframes especially the girls already use really sleek design for the most part it looks like they are wearing nothing at all.

2. I asked loone wolf to give her an armored look. So the bulkier desing displays that. But even with a bulky desing , most of the armor is made out of hardened leaf , so it doesn't look like it impairs mobility too much. 

3. She is really tanky , I wanted her visuals to reflect that.

About the helmet , I realy like the second helmet two. But I went with the first to further diferentiate my concept from MrPigmans one( there is a link to it on a old comment chain ). Also the first helmet looks more merciful , the second looks more agresive. As far as lore is concerned I plan her as originally being an archimedian , so the more peaciful works well.

14 hours ago, keikogi said:

I had considered changing swaping the arms for the sleeker ones but utimatily decided against it for 3 reasons.

1. Most warframes especially the girls already use really sleek design for the most part it looks like they are wearing nothing at all.

2. I asked loone wolf to give her an armored look. So the bulkier desing displays that. But even with a bulky desing , most of the armor is made out of hardened leaf , so it doesn't look like it impairs mobility too much. 

3. She is really tanky , I wanted her visuals to reflect that.

About the helmet , I realy like the second helmet two. But I went with the first to further diferentiate my concept from MrPigmans one( there is a link to it on a old comment chain ). Also the first helmet looks more merciful , the second looks more agresive. As far as lore is concerned I plan her as originally being an archimedian , so the more peaciful works well.

Good reasoning. We definitely have enough effeminate female frames. Even with Valkitty's savagery, she's lithe and effeminate looking. A nice armored concept would be a welcomed break.

Edited by xZeromusx

Added a section liking to my warframe reworks.

Also, a bit of an announcement. The plant crab will be replaced by I plant MOA. Once again, the reasoning in there are better places for a raknoid summon. Namely, Arahna. I’m assisting Masternomad to design her kit. Link below. Have a look, his art is amazing.

Since his kit had spider queen, and it is a better place for that kind of summon I decided to remove my own. It will be replaced by some kind of plan like MOA companion, the gun will be a reference to plants vs zombies.  

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

I could make the MOA fit, I came back to the treant but made it a bit more feminine looking.

As far is kit is concerned this it.

Spoiler

[PH] Treant

Treant (feminine looking) has her own skill set and is affected by the by mods on the warframe and in the exalted weapon ( warframe affects health and exalted weapon affects their damage output ).Treant only attacks enemies that have been damaged by Persephone. Much like Rumblers, the Treant size scales with power strength.

Skills

Treant only uses skills whenever Persephone cast one of her own.

1. Whenever Persephone uses her 1, Treant plants a happy little tree Pea shooter (plants vs Zombies. Low damage and procs impact).

2. Whenever Persephone uses her 2, Treant receives increased fire rate and targets the enemy chosen by Persephone.

3. Whenever Persephone uses her 3, Treant slams her fit into the ground sending her roots forwards, these roots create difficult terrain (enemies passing trough it have slowed movement speed).

4. Whenever Persephone uses her 4, Treant uses a copy of Persephone exalted weapon, but this copy only targets to enemies at time and can only link 4 enemies at a time.

Hopefully I wont scarp this one as well. I might get the Visual done later. More nuanced stats like health and weapon used will come in later.

The next update will be an art one. Probably the final version of Persephone.  

Edit:

Spoiler

Removed 

2. Whenever Persephone uses her 2, Treant receives increased fire rate and targets the enemy chosen by Persephone.

Added

2. Whenever Persephone uses her 2, Treant will send a snake like vine towards an ally (chooses the lowest health ally in range). This snake will transfer sap healing them.

Reasoning

I want the treant kit to be same, but different. Like 1 ( thrown seed X plants seed ) , ( send vine towards an enemy and damages him X send vine toward an ally and heals him) , (send wave of roots ensnaring enemies X send wave of roots creating rough terrain ) but the 4 is the same for both so they feel more related to one another.

Edited by keikogi

I’ve posted this Warframe on reddit, could quite make it as the first post on hot but did manage to stick to the 6-8 spot for a day. Got a quite few upvotes, about 600. It had a quite high upvote ratio so, maybe if I’ve had posted it on time of higher traffic, I could have climbed a bit further. However, the kit as far more controversial then I initially imagined, got both a lot of upvotes and downvotes, but reddit no longer shows upvote percentages on comments, so I can’t really know.  

I’ve added the mod set, I will refine it later when I star to create the lore for this frame.

Anyways, I would like to thank these members of the community

@krc473 , for the feedback on the original post and general tips on how to format threads

@FrostedMike, for general design guidelines on the Seiken painter of souls

@(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII, for the amazing argument suggestions and feedback on the visual design.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

I’ve posted this Warframe on reddit, could quite make it as the first post on hot but did manage to stick to the 6-8 spot for a day. Got a quite few upvotes, about 600. It had a quite high upvote ratio so, maybe if I’ve had posted it on time of higher traffic, I could have climbed a bit further. However, the kit as far more controversial then I initially imagined, got both a lot of upvotes and downvotes, but reddit no longer shows upvote percentages on comments, so I can’t really know.  

I’ve added the mod set, I will refine it later when I star to create the lore for this frame.

Anyways, I would like to thank these members of the community

@krc473 , for the feedback on the original post and general tips on how to format threads

@FrostedMike, for general design guidelines on the Seiken painter of souls

@(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII, for the amazing argument suggestions and feedback on the visual design.

I had no idea there is another concept by you. It will take me a while to comment on the abilities, I'll either edit this comment or make another comment.