Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgan Thread , Dicussion over Scott's Rework/Fan Rework Archive

keikogi

A bunch of Threads got merged into this one. This is an amalgan Thread now. As far as I can tell a rework got merged here and a few discussions of Scott's Rework. If your thread got merged here, give me a link to the comment and I will post it here:

This thread as originally a discussion of the rework below. Right now people are discussing Steve’s rework here.

My rework , Bleriot Exalted Sentinel/Armor For Vauban

Apparently everyone was wrong about their Vauban rework. Vauban always wanted to be juggler. Should be self evident considering the amount of balls he has. 

https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/1174344687085346816?s=20

On reddit I saw people saying that Scot notes were similar to Rahetalius so it can't be that bad. People speculate he has a new 3 and Bastile and Vortex are now his 4.

I've watched Omni Voice video Perfectly Normal Companion, in its Vauban combines with his sentinel so I had an idea. What if Vauban had an exalted sentinel, and what if this sentinel could be used as an armor. So, I thought of a way of implement this skill. After finishing it I realized a new ultimate would not be enough, so I've reworked the entire kit around the idea of versatile gadgets and fortifying positions. My changes aim to keep around as much as could of Vauban old kit and add new forms of utility (reviving robots, energy walls , disrupting auras , reduced gravity regions ) and bit of mobility and damage with Blériot( his exalted armor/ sentinel) .

After the joke video Here is a serious discussion about Vauban and reworking him (Video from Rahetalius)

Spoiler

Discussion: Do you agree with Rahetalius points? I quite like the points he brings up on this Video, in fact, this rework already addressed some points he brings up. I might bring in more changes after I take the time to think about this video.

Tesla

Tesla is just too weak, but I don't want to change it too much. So, I just gave it more Utility and CC.

1. Tesla Wire

Spoiler

Grenades now explodes upon contact, sending an electric pulse stunning enemies on a 7.5 meters radius. After this explosion the grenade sticks and zaps nearby enemies dealing 50 electric damage with a guaranteed electric proc.Tesla Wire has the same linking effect as the old Tesla link, but enemies passing through the link will be knocked down (knock down lasts for 9 seconds).

[Argument] Mite Tesla (replaces Tesla Link)

Spoiler

Vauban throws a Tesla mite raknoide, this raknoid will send an electric shockwave upon impact. After the shock wave the raknoid will activate and send electric attacks, charge enemies and send electric shock waves (the electric shock waves have a countdown). Hitting an ally with this skill will cause the tesla raknoide to attach to them granting them increased shields and a buffed retribution effect (has a change to retaliate enemy attacks with an electric shock, procs electric). Allies can pick up (pressing x near them) the racknoids if they want the buff.

Mine layer

Well, only Sherd it truly worthy it. Concuss does not fit well on an engineer frame (melee finisher on engineer). Bounce is a bit of meme (it is useful on interception but that’s about it). Trip Wire is the third instance of area denial on his kit, it is redundant. I’ve completely reworked this skill, sherd got absorbed on the reworked version, bounce got reworked as part of another skill and concuss was completely erased.

2. Smart Grenade

Spoiler

Vauban throws a grenade like a baseball pitch. Grenade does impact damage upon contact with the target enemy. Upon contact the grenade will detect the enemy health type (flesh, cloned flesh, infested flesh) and act accordingly

• If the targeted enemy has Flesh or Cloned Flesh the grenade will explode, striping armor and shields from all enemies in a 5 meters radius (regardless of health type).
  • If the targeted enemy has Infested flesh, the grenade will send an electric pulse(5 meters radius) overloading the enemy’s neurological system, leaving them catatonic. Catatonic enemies won’t move and have their aura disable.
  • If the targeted enemy has Robotic Health, the grenade will the grenade will star overwriting enemy’s systems, reducing their damage. Upon death, the enemy will be reactivated with increased stats and fight alongside Vauban. Up to 3 robots can be controlled this way. This grenade has no explosion radius.

A few examples for the sake of clarity:

• Supposing you are fighting the Corpus. If you throw the grenade on a Corpus Tech, the grenade will explode striping all enemy on blast radius even if their health type was not Flesh (ex: if there was bursa close to this tech the bursa would suffer the armor and shield reduction effect )
  • Supposing you are fighting the Corrupted. If you throw the grenade on a Corrupted Ancient, the grenade will explode leaving all enemies in the blast radius catatonic even if their health type was not Infested Flesh. ( ex: you are opening relicts on a corpus mission and you throw the grenade at the Corrupted Ancient healer , there as  a corpus Comba close by this Comba will have his aura’s as well.
  • Supposing you are fighting the Sentient. If you throw the grenade on a Batalist, the grandee will reduce his damage. When this Batalist die, he will be reactivated on Vauban side

[Argument] Universal Aid

Spoiler

Smart grenade will be able to target ally. Like the original smart grenades, its effects are conditional. The grenade will have one of the fallowing effects. Effects don’t stack, throwing additional grenades will override the effect of the last one.

• If the ally has full shield, give this ally 100 % electrical damage
  • If the ally has damaged shields, give this ally 50 shield/s and reinforced shields (has the Hildrin passive and takes 50% reduced damage from all sources)
  • If the ally has no shields (either depleted or nonexistent), gives them 3 seconds of invulnerability and increased bullet jump and aim glide (has the same visual effect as lighting dash)

Note: Holding 2 will throw the grenade at Vauban.

Bastille and Vortex

Both skills do the same, area denial. Both functionalities will be rolled into a single new skill. The new version of bastille will absorb all the area denial and trap making of Vauban’s old kit. It will also add a bit of a fortification building flavor to it.

3. Bastille 2.0

Spoiler

Gravity well (replaces the old bastille) (same duration and range as old bastille)- Increases the gravity on a region, the first 12 enemies entering this area will be completely halted. Extra enemies will be slowed by 60%. Throwing a tesla inside this area will spawn a Vortex.

Energy Wall- Deploys energy wall stopping enemy fire (Hp calculated like a frost wall). The wall has a 10% of retaliate enemy fire by firing back a plasma bolt dealing impact and fire damage (this bolt has guaranteed heat and impact proc, damage scales based on the exalted drone weapon mods). Like volt’s shield both Vauban and his allies can pick up the shield (applies the same restrictions, even dough, I think the energy drain and the movement speed reduction are stupid, Volt has set this precedent so I have to fallow it). Swapping back to the primary weapon will drop the shield into the ground.

Bounce- Range increased to 10 meters, but trigger range is only 1 meter. Enemies that collide with the celling will take 30% maxHealth finisher damage (this effect can only happen once per enemy). Allies inside the 10 meters radius have increased air glide duration and bigger jump height.

Clarification (the trap affects enemies on a 10 meters radius but can only trigger if an enemy get within a 1-meter radius of the center).

[Argument] Air support.(replaces repelling bastille)

Spoiler

Vauban calls down a unique air support, liset will bombard the area and leave Arsenal station. Arsenal station will fully resupply allies once.

Vauban has tinkered with his lisset to allow him to call down a unique and powerful air support. When Vauban calls down this air support his lisset will perform a bombing run (like the scimitar) dealing damage to all enemies (damage scales with the mods installed in the sentinel exalted weapon). Additionally, the lisset will drop a supply package

. Allies may interact with the package only once either to fully resupply (ammo, shields , health and energy ).

Note: this air support is called by using Vauban’s (it will appear as a 4 option on the skill cycle)

4. Blériot

Spoiler

Summons his master work Sentinel, Blériot

Visual: A shield drone but looks like cephalon tech (lots of floaty bits)

Drone fallows Vauban like a shield drone would.

Modable like a sentinel

Must use unique targeting precept (Sentinel targets the closest enemy to the center of Vauban CrossHair)

Sentinel Weapon:

Sniper

Trigger type Charged

Takes 3 seconds to Charge.

Launches a single bolt of electric energy. High critical Chance and Critical Damage. Has a guaranteed electric proc. High base damage.

Precepts:

Electrical singularity – launches a massive ball of electricity, this ball will hover a few centimeters of the ground at the target destination. This ball will discharge energy damaging nearby enemies. The sentinel will prioritize targeting enemies caught within bastille. This precept is disabled during the exalted armor.

Targeting relay – pretty much Helios detect vulnerability, but it can affect 7 enemies at a time. This precept is disabled during the exalted armor.

Combine! Recasting Blériot will disassemble the drone and equip it onto Vauban granting Vauban the fallowing benefits.

Spoiler

Visual: like nidus prinx skin Vauban will get unique armor parts added to his body.

Shoulder mounted "Mini Amprex"

Continuous, chains too nearby enemies. (Range 10 meters)

Average critical chance and Critical damage has high status chance. Low base damage.

This armor also has a pair of hover shoes changing his walking animation these shoes give Vauban 2 passive mobility skills.

[requires electrical singularity equipped] Dash – replaces Vauban dodge roll with a dash. Dash is faster than a roll but covers the same distance.  Enemies hit by this dash suffer an electrical proc.

[requires targeting relay equipped] Anti-Gravity Array- Replaces Vauban Aim glide with “air walk”, during you air glide gravity will be negated Vauban can move as if he was in the ground. Additionally, Vauban has increased movement speed.

All the sentinel precepts (guardian, medray ..) are active during this transformation

Combines the drone shield with Vauban shield to create a new bigger shield.

Adds the drone armor to Vauban armor

[Argument] Adaptable Systems (replaces perpetual Vortex )

Spoiler

Blériot can equip any sentinel or Moa precepts (including sentinel exclusive ones for example: you can equip Ammo Case, Arc Coil, Energy Generator, Whiplash mine, Stasis Field …). Additionally, Sentinel shield and Exalted armor Shield receive the Adaptation Effect (this adaptation effect caps at 50% damage reduction).

What do think of these changes?

Do you like anything in particular? My personal favorite is Adaptable Systems.

Edit

Added notes on tesla 2.0 and smart grenades.

Reworked exalted weapons

Added arguments

Reworked some arguments

This is a amalgan thread now

Edited by keikogi
Response to feedback
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Needing a perfect hit with slow trajectory vauban's grenade is a big no no

If you are talking about tesla , I am going to allow alies to pick them up.

If you are talking about smart granades , my intention was a targeted skill, I going to clarify that.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

Sign me up. I like it already.

Bonus marks if they make an Iron Man skin for both Vauban and the exalted sentinel. So that the sentinel looks like a floating arc reactor and when you suit up, it joins Vauban at the chest area and expands out to protect him like a suit of armor. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

15 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Sign me up. I like it already.

Bonus marks if they make an Iron Man skin for both Vauban and the exalted sentinel. So that the sentinel looks like a floating arc reactor and when you suit up, it joins Vauban at the chest area and expands out to protect him like a suit of armor. 

Speaking of iron man , it would be really cool if the armor came flying to Vauban. Like this 

tenor.gif?itemid=14070564

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

I like it, we need to summon our lord and savior Pablo to take notes.

The odds of DEV looking at this tread are quite low. But , a man can dream. 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 2

On 2019-07-26 at 2:57 AM, TheRealShade said:

I mean, this was posted in feedback so it's already a higher chance.

That's Where You're Wrong Kiddo

As far as I know if you want the DEVs to hear you can try one of these routes,

Do a tread with amazing art on reddit, them summon Rebeca with the power of jojo memes

Star a riot on reddit

Be a youtuber and create a video about the topic

On 2019-07-26 at 1:05 AM, SeRialPiXel said:

I honestly like the idea. Especially the vortex one. And yeah, I always thought Vauban could be the Torb of Warframe 

Thx

• Like 1

On 2019-07-23 at 9:03 AM, keikogi said:

I've watched Omni Voice video Perfectly Normal Companion, in its Vauban combines with his sentinel so I had an idea. What if Vauban had an exalted sentinel, and what if this sentinel could be used as an armor. So, I thought of a way of implement this skill. After finishing it I realized a new ultimate would not be enough, so I've reworked the entire kit around the idea of versatile gadgets and fortifying positions.

Tesla

Tesla is just too weak, but I don't want to change it too much. So, I just gave it more Utility and CC.

1. Tesla 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

Grenades now explodes upon contact, sending an electric pulse stunning enemy on a 7.5 meters radius. After this explosion the grenade sticks and zaps nearby enemies dealing 50 electric damage with a guaranteed electric proc.

If the grenade sticks to an ally it will upgrade his shield increasing the shield capacity, if this shield goes down it will send an electric shock wave.

Note: allies may pick up as tesla from the ground , receiving the increased shield capacity and the shield explosion.

Mine layer

Well, only Sherd it truly worthy it. Concuss does not fit well on an engineer frame (melee finisher on engineer). Bounce is a bit of meme (it is useful on interception but that’s about it). Trip Wire is the third instance of area denial on his kit, it is redundant. I’ve completely reworked this skill, sherd got absorbed on the reworked version, bounce got reworked as part of another skill and both trip wire and concuss were completely erased.

2. Smart Grenade

Reveal hidden contents

Vauban will throw a highly advanced grenade at an enemy. When it hits it will detect the type of enemy and act accordingly.

Note: this is a targeted skill. Trow range os 30 meters.

• If it hits an enemy with Flesh as health type, the grenade will explode (3 m radius) damaging all personal defense systems, reducing both armor and shield.
  • If it hits an enemy with Infested Flesh as health type, the grenade will send an electric pulse( 3 m radius)  overloading the enemy’s neurological system leaving them catatonic. Catatonic enemies won’t move and have their aura disable.
  • If it hits an enemy with Robotic as health type, the grenade will star overwriting enemy’s systems, reducing their damage. Upon death, the enemy will be reactivated with increased stats and fight along side Vauban. Up to thee robots can be controlled this way

Bastille and Vortex

Both skills do the same, area denial. Both functionalities will be rolled into a single new skill. The new version of bastille will absorb all the area denial and trap making of Vauban’s old kit. It will also add a bit of a fortification building flavor to it.

3. Bastille 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

Gravity well (replaces the old bastille) (same duration and range as old bastille)- Increases the gravity on a region, the first 12 enemies entering this area will be completely halted. Extra enemies will be slowed by 60%. Throwing a tesla inside this area will spawn a Vortex.

Energy Wall- Deploys energy wall stopping enemy fire (Hp calculated like a frost wall). The wall has a 25% of retaliate enemy fire by firing back a plasma bolt dealing impact and fire damage (this bolt has guaranteed heat and impact proc, damage scales based on the exalted drone weapon mods)

Bounce- Range increased to 10 meters, but trigger range is only 1 meter. Enemies that collide with the celling will take 30% maxHealth finisher damage (this effect can only happen once per enemy). Allies inside the 10 meters radius have increased air glide duration and bigger jump height.

Clarification (the trap affects enemies on a 10 meters radius but can only trigger if an enemy get within a 1-meter radius of the center).

4. [PH] Exalted Sentinel/Armor

Reveal hidden contents

Summons his master work Sentinel.

Visual: A shield drone but looks like cephalon tech (lots of floaty bits)

Drone fallows Vauban like a shield drone would.

Modable like a sentinel

Must use unique targeting precept (Sentinel targets the closest enemy to the center of Vauban CrossHair)

Sentinel Weapon: Missile Launcher – does cold damage. Has High Critcal Chance and Damage (around Lenz) does a Garanteed cold proc

Precepts:

Reveal hidden contents

Missile barrage: sends a barrage of missiles, these missiles will proc cold and blast to all enemies within the targeted area. Damage scales off Mods in the exalted Weapon. Will prioritize enemies caught on a gravity well

Annihilate: fires a poerfull laser at the target enemy dealing heavy damage and melting his armor. Damage scales off Mods in the exalted Weapon. Will prioritize enemies hit by smart granade.

Combine! Recasting [PH] Exalted Sentinel will disassemble the drone and equip it onto Vauban granting Vauban the fallowing benefits. 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Visual: like nidus prinx skin Vauban will get unique armor parts added to his body.
  • Shoulder mounted "Cryo Ignis" (high status chance, cold damage) automatically attacks the enemy closest to Vauban crosshair. Vaunban can use his melee, secondary and primary the shoulder mounted weapon acts independently
  • All the basic sentinel precepts (guardian, medray ..) are active during this transformation
  • Combines the drone shield with Vauban shield to create a new bigger shield.
  • Adds the drone armor to Vauban armor
  • This armor will hack the weapons of nearby enemies disabling them
  • This armor also has a pair of hover shoes, increasing Vauban Movement speed and aim glide duration (changes Vauban walking and dashing animations, similar to ones used by Scrambus

What do think of these changes?

Edit

Added notes on tesla 2.0 and smart grenades.

Remove minelayer and you might get a +1 from me

Sincerly
-A Booben main

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

8 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Remove minelayer and you might get a +1 from me

Sincerly
-A Booben main

I did remove minelayer from his kit. It was replaced by smart grenades. I salvaged some aspects of the skill lime bounce( it was part of Vauban original kit and shred was good enough) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vethalon said:

I absolutely love the idea of an exalted sentinal for Vauban, especielly if it shoots whatever Vauban himself is shooting!

Perhaps, this is a better idea them the current exalted “lenz” the sentinel has. I will consider swapping it for the sentinel uses either Vauban primary or secondary (if Vauban is wielding his primary, the sentinel uses his secondary. If Vauban uses his secondary, the sentinel uses his primary).

10 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

You read my mind. Are you Mantis?

You might want to sap the usb ports of your mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

After all this oxium needed to even build this dude. He better have the highest armor in the whole entire game!!!

But yeah I fully agree that an exalted armor would be a unique ability DE hasn’t done yet. But I think your suggestion might be a little 👌🏻 bit too much. Like running into enemies to make them be knocked over or affect by status based on energy color and maybe the sentinel weapon can be changed similar to ivara’s arrows would be a nice addition.

but going volted iron man might be a bit too much. Just saying.

12 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But yeah I fully agree that an exalted armor would be a unique ability DE hasn’t done yet. But I think your suggestion might be a little 👌🏻 bit too much.

Changed the passives of the exalted armor, now it is just a mobility tool (replaces aim glide for air walk and the dodge roll with a dash).

12 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

maybe the sentinel weapon can be changed similar to ivara’s arrows would be a nice addition.

I’ve tried to implement different weapon, but it ended being over convoluted, this skill already uses tap to cast a hold to equip. Also using tap to cycle weapons would be to many commands in a single skill.

I also tried a way to allow Vauban to equip any sentinel weapon on his exalted sentinel, but that did not work due to me wanting the sentinel mode to be damage focused and the armor mod focused in mobility and survivability.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-03 at 9:26 PM, sneakghost1 said:

I WULD LOVE THIS REWORK PLS PPL LIKE THIS UPWOTE LIKE IT I LOVE THIS

Thx man. Now, I just new to figure out a argument for the new Bastille and the concept would be finished. Maybe I should star adding the numbers ( damage , range , duration ... )  of each skill.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-23 at 9:03 AM, keikogi said:

2. Smart Grenade

Hide contents

Vauban will throw a highly advanced grenade at an enemy. When it hits it will detect the type of enemy and act accordingly.

Note: this is a targeted skill. Trow range os 30 meters.

• If it hits an enemy with Flesh as health type, the grenade will explode (3 m radius) damaging all personal defense systems, reducing both armor and shield.
  • If it hits an enemy with Infested Flesh as health type, the grenade will send an electric pulse( 3 m radius)  overloading the enemy’s neurological system leaving them catatonic. Catatonic enemies won’t move and have their aura disable.
  • If it hits an enemy with Robotic as health type, the grenade will star overwriting enemy’s systems, reducing their damage. Upon death, the enemy will be reactivated with increased stats and fight along side Vauban. Up to thee robots can be controlled this way

How would this work as an AoE? and what about shielded enemies, or the different types of armored enemies that aren't robotic?

9 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

How would this work as an AoE? and what about shielded enemies, or the different types of armored enemies that aren't robotic?

The grenades does not care about enemy armor or shield type, it only cares about enemy health type (flesh , infested flesh , cloned flesh or Robotic). I think I should rewrite this, so it becomes clearer.

But I will explain it here.

Vauban throws a grenade like a baseball pitch. Grenade does impact damage upon contact with the target enemy. Upon contact the grenade will detect the enemy health type and act according.

If the targeted enemy has Flesh or Cloned Flesh the grenade will explode, striping armor and shields from all enemies (regardless of health type).

If the targeted enemy has Infested flesh, the grenade will send an electric pulse that will   overloading the enemy’s neurological system leaving them catatonic. Catatonic enemies won’t move and have their aura disable.

If the targeted enemy has Robotic Health, the grenade will the grenade will star overwriting enemy’s systems, reducing their damage. Upon death, the enemy will be reactivated with increased stats and fight alongside Vauban. Up to thee robots can be controlled this way. This grenade has no explosion radius.

Gona give examples to be clearer

Supposing you are fighting the Corpus. If you throw the grenade on a Corpus Tech, the grenade will explode striping all enemy on blast radius even if their health type was not Flesh (ex: if there was bursa close to this tech the bursa would suffer the armor and shield reduction effect )

Supposing you are fighting the Corrupted. If you throw the grenade on a Corrupted Ancient , the grenade will explode leaving all enemies in the blast radius catatonic even if their health type was not Infested Flesh. ( ex: you are opening relicts on a corpus mission and you trown the grenade at the Corrupted Ancient healer , there as  a corpus Comba close by this Comba will have his aura’s as well.

Supposing you are fighting the Sentient. If you throw the grenade on a Batalist, the grandee will reduce his damage. When this Batalist die, he will be reactivated on Vauban side.

Note: Originally, I thought this skill as chose one skill like Ivara’s arrow, but I’ve scraped the choose mechanic because 2 choose is too much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keikogi said:

The grenades does not care about enemy armor or shield type, it only cares about enemy health type (flesh , infested flesh , cloned flesh or Robotic). I think I should rewrite this, so it becomes clearer.

But I will explain it here.

Vauban throws a grenade like a baseball pitch. Grenade does impact damage upon contact with the target enemy. Upon contact the grenade will detect the enemy health type and act according.

If the targeted enemy has Flesh or Cloned Flesh the grenade will explode, striping armor and shields from all enemies (regardless of health type).

If the targeted enemy has Infested flesh, the grenade will send an electric pulse that will   overloading the enemy’s neurological system leaving them catatonic. Catatonic enemies won’t move and have their aura disable.

If the targeted enemy has Robotic Health, the grenade will the grenade will star overwriting enemy’s systems, reducing their damage. Upon death, the enemy will be reactivated with increased stats and fight alongside Vauban. Up to thee robots can be controlled this way. This grenade has no explosion radius.

Gona give examples to be clearer

Supposing you are fighting the Corpus. If you throw the grenade on a Corpus Tech, the grenade will explode striping all enemy on blast radius even if their health type was not Flesh (ex: if there was bursa close to this tech the bursa would suffer the armor and shield reduction effect )

Supposing you are fighting the Corrupted. If you throw the grenade on a Corrupted Ancient , the grenade will explode leaving all enemies in the blast radius catatonic even if their health type was not Infested Flesh. ( ex: you are opening relicts on a corpus mission and you trown the grenade at the Corrupted Ancient healer , there as  a corpus Comba close by this Comba will have his aura’s as well.

Supposing you are fighting the Sentient. If you throw the grenade on a Batalist, the grandee will reduce his damage. When this Batalist die, he will be reactivated on Vauban side.

Note: Originally, I thought this skill as chose one skill like Ivara’s arrow, but I’ve scraped the choose mechanic because 2 choose is too much.

Ok this makes more sense, thank you for explaining. That sounds like it would be a very effective ability. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Ok this makes more sense, thank you for explaining. That sounds like it would be a very effective ability. 

I tried to make the description shorter bit it ended up being confusing. Just updated the post with the detailed description I gave you.

• Like 1