Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgan Thread , Dicussion over Scott's Rework/Fan Rework Archive

keikogi

4 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I would settle with half of Hildrin shields.

I would prefer if vauban could turn his shields into protoshields by interacting with one of his traps or he had a shield booster on his 2.

Half of Hildryn's shields would be 225, same amount as Revenant, I'd bump it up to 250, personally, but even 200 would be fine.

A shield booster is an interesting idea. Maybe if Vauban has Overshields, they're converted to Proto Shield until Overshield is depleted? Though that may be getting overly complex, and Vauban doesn't have a big emphasis on shields like Harrow or Mag or Hildryn. Vauban shouldn't be tanky, but it would be nice if his shields were more durable to more effectively soak hits until he can deploy an ability to crowd-control and stop incoming damage. Promote quick-thinking as part of Vauban's playstyle, and not just the mod.

2 hours ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Now that you mention it, that is really sad. I can accept Vauban having poor armor but he should have a big BIG shield in exchange, on par with Harrow's shield, maybe even bigger since he wouldn't have the overshields passive. Then give him shield regen mods and Sentinel shield-booster mods so that he can recover big chunks of shield while he's CCing the whole room. It should be easy to regenerate shields if everyone is too tied up to shoot you.

Better yet, new passive: Vauban has Proto Shield instead of normal Shield. (And remove its weakness to Toxin damage because the fact Toxin bypasses shields is strong enough.)

Indeed, Frost (Prime) doesn't look more "buffed" than Vauban, yet he has both stronger armor AND a base 450 shield at rank 30

Why a frame supposed to tank on health/armor (and Icy Avalanche, which prevents status proc) has bigger shields than an engineer ?

I mean Frost is tanky enough with an Umbra build and Adaptation, nobody puts Redirection on him so the bonus shield is kinda useless (especially with Icy Avalanche)

PS: I'm certainly not asking for a nerf of Frost, but Vauban's stats don't make sense

Edited by Tatann

I loved the idea of giving him a defensive ability that would grant him a similar mechanic like Renewal,where he would apply buff to himself and allies.The buff would  give x flat shield amount +  x shield regen per sec for x duration time. (affected by power strength and duration)

Additionally,an augment idea for it would be  something in the lines the mod Resilience,e.g. reduced status proc duration on self + immunity to a certain proc for duration.
It would serve as a defensive tool for him and rest of the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to reply,

Nvidia new driver didn't fix the issue.

If I recall yesterday though I didn't experience the problem. It might be that the destiny 2 in steam download queue caused the screen freeze? I've changed it to not update the games automatically but d2 still stayed in the steam queue weirdly, couldn't praise it.

Now that the game is live and no downloads in steam, I don't recall having stuttering in WF yesterday. I'll check this evening again.