Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Option to refuse to be the host

PatanDeAcero

Hello, I would like to suggest an option to avoid being the host in the missions. For example: In the options menu I could activate an option in which I indicate that I don't want to be the host of the game. In case of activating this option, allow to indicate the maximum waiting time to find a party, in case the timeout expires, it will allow me to be the host.

This option is useful when you are aware that the connection is not suitable to support being the host that day, but you want to play in a group without disturbing your teammates.

Thanks for the attention

(powereded by google translator)

• Like 5

Yeah I have been attacked(verbally) when someone lags when Im host and I never asked for host rigths so I blamed DE cause the servers placed me in that possition but I take the hit anyways cause you cant insult a server 😞

instead of this, people should at least be able to choose the host they connect to or host themselves.

you can say DE dont have the money or what ever reason they use for why its Peer-to-Peer, than to have their own servers, but to not have a way of managing the host you connect to, that's just disappointing.

the clients MUST have a way to manage who they connect to (that ping option is useless)

bottom line is, they haven't bothered to implement a decent group manager for missions, instead they spend their time making everything look pretty (the lag helps you enjoy the fashion of your frame)

2 hours ago, PatanDeAcero said:

In case of activating this option, allow to indicate the maximum waiting time to find a party, in case the timeout expires, it will allow me to be the host.

I would modify this a bit.  Have a "oh god my internet is horrible" mode, where if it finds a party for you great; it puts you in as a client.  If however it can't it launches you as host, but, changes the session to be invite-only or solo for just that mission so you don't have to be embarrassed when some poor bastards try to drop into your 1500 ping funhouse.

12 minutes ago, garbenzine said:

I would modify this a bit.  Have a "oh god my internet is horrible" mode, where if it finds a party for you great; it puts you in as a client.  If however it can't it launches you as host, but, changes the session to be invite-only or solo for just that mission so you don't have to be embarrassed when some poor bastards try to drop into your 1500 ping funhouse.

so basically, what we have now. but you're still forced to be host.

the game stupidly opens a session (even if you dont click a planet/mission) every time you go to navigation and then deletes it if you close it, or modifies it if you're hosting or joining (i think).

they just need to add a group manager so you can see these poor bastards funhouses and STAY AWAY!

I WANT THIS SO BAD.

I absolutely hate hosting. Anytime I host, people always complain about lag or leave. Like, I get it, my ISP sucks, but I didn't ask for this. And yes, I already tried the whole "set PC Type to Laptop" trick, and it doesn't work. So, currently, my options are:
A) Let people suffer throughout the mission, if they're tolerant enough to stay, and do everything myself as they struggle to make it through the simplest of doors.
B) Repeatedly start a mission and quickly cancel if it doesn't instantly force me into someone else's (which can take anywhere from 5 - 20 attempts), or in the case of void fissures, select a mission, select a relic from the list, click yes, fail to join on anyone, cancel and repeat until successfully joining someone.

I've finally had enough, so I'm here leaving my support on this suggestion.

jjttvnH.jpg

EC3ckpI.jpg

Please prove them wrong.