Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remote Foundry work

NuclearCoffeePot

It occured to me after entering a mission and then recieving a notification for a finished foundry item that warframe could use remote foundry management as a qol add on. Even just in cetus or fortuna where you can edit your arsenal before you exit, but being able to remotely claim and start new foundry building before you go out or while your in missions so you dont have to wait till the end of your mission or abort it. Or in the most annoying case have to leave the town segment immediatly after entering it in case you want to claim something right away

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There's an app for that. 

True enough but if im in a mission i dont want to be on my phone now do i- The app is for when your not on your main console/pc and your going about your daily life. This is qol for when you are playing in a long mission and dont want to leave early 

7 minutes ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

True enough but if im in a mission i dont want to be on my phone now do i- The app is for when your not on your main console/pc and your going about your daily life. This is qol for when you are playing in a long mission and dont want to leave early 

then use the dam app as its quick an easy to use or do you hate that someone responded with a simple soultion

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

If you are in Cetus, or Fortuna, you're not in a mission. 😉

28 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Yeah, if someone is building that many things, the app would be a better place to go.  Get a tablet or something if you want a bigger screen to look at it all on.

The problem isn't screen size. Its availability. Why would i juggle 2 screens if it could all be on the one i'm playing on

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There's an app for that. 

Unless they changed it in the last few months (I quit using the app.) you cannot be logged into the app and the game at the same time.

Not arguing, if I'm wrong, fantastic and glad they changed it.  Just throwing it out there in the event they have not, that this is not a good solution.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Unless they changed it in the last few months (I quit using the app.) you cannot be logged into the app and the game at the same time.

Not arguing, if I'm wrong, fantastic and glad they changed it.  Just throwing it out there in the event they have not, that this is not a good solution.

Still the same, but if you are playing the game, then it's not a problem to just go to the foundry between missions, and you won't need the app. If you're not playing the game that's when you would need a way to do stuff in the game that you're not actively playing. 

You see? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Still the same, but if you are playing the game, then it's not a problem to just go to the foundry between missions, and you won't need the app. If you're not playing the game that's when you would need a way to do stuff in the game that you're not actively playing. 

You see? 

Yes i see. I understand its not a massive deal. Thats why its a qol change. Quality Of Life. Its just convenient, especially if your in the middle of idk an hour long survival mission

2 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

You can check your foundry ANY TIME which is the best QOL idea.

Yeah its nice. But if im actually PLAYING the game i cant log into the app. I tried. If i can check and update my foundry queue while im in the middle of games it would be a lot nicer then waiting till the end of a potentially long drawn out mission or leaving early, skimping out on rewards, and having to restart the mission. Not only is that annoying its also 3 loading screens to enter a game, leav the game early, and get back in the game

42 minutes ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Yes i see. I understand its not a massive deal. Thats why its a qol change. Quality Of Life. Its just convenient, especially if your in the middle of idk an hour long survival mission

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you are in Cetus, or Fortuna, you're not in a mission. 😉

☝️

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You see? 

Less loading times, that's good, you see?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

DO you really not get it. If im on my pc in a mission why would i watch two screens at once. Its just a qol change

......................... so think everyone who plays warframe doesnt look at a screen.
using a phone to be able to start crafting that prime warframe part that you just remember you had.

if you dont like the solution dont complain about it when everyone else would have to do the same thing, its not like other platforms have ability to use foundry outside the orbiter an pc doesnt

• Like 1

On 2019-07-29 at 5:00 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You see? 

I see that OP is asking for foundry access in-game while not in the orbiter, specifically to not have to go back to the orbiter, and you're telling him to use the app like that's what he's asking for already done, and it's not, and you got proved wrong so now the goalposts are moving and you're arguing and doubling down for the sake of arguing.

That's what I see.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I see that OP is asking for foundry access in-game while not in the orbiter, specifically to not have to go back to the orbiter, and you're telling him to use the app like that's what he's asking for already done, and it's not, and you got proved wrong so now the goalposts are moving and you're arguing and doubling down for the sake of arguing.

That's what I see.

Ahh yes, you're definitely missing some things if that's what you're seeing, perhaps a visit to your local optometrist is in order. 

I see someone who is playing a game, where we are routinely sent back to our orbiter, as the central hub for the vast majority of our between-missions time.

A game where we routinely have people begging for their orbiter to have even more activities centralized to, like trading.

The orbiter is a convenient place for the foundry to be when we're playing the game. The app works well for when we can't get to it, because we're not playing the game at the time. 

Maybe you can try squinting or something. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

• Like 1