Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Reworks Idea

Gruiz

Vauban rework idea (this is coming from a player that played vauban for 2 months straight without playing other frame).. so there might be lot of flaws

General changes :
-Faster Grenade speed
-Stronger throw
-Detonate on impact
-More Health and Armor (Vauban design is par to other tank frames such as rhino)

Passive: Still thinking lmao..

1. Tesla.
  • Throwing a tesla to ground will do a radial shock (Similiar to Vauban trailer shock ball) and will act as normal
  • Tesla able to target 3 enemies at once with buffed damage, status chance and longer status duration
  • Tesla will do chain damage on enemies that affected by bastille
  • Tesla laser wire is now innate

2. Fully reworked Minelayer. 4 Abilities to summon allies. Any summoned minions insude the bastille range will have their health and armor buffed by 50%. These allies will always stay with vauban
  • Shield Osprey, Vauban will throw a ball to summon shield osprey. This shield osprey is fragile and will provide small amount of shield to warframe only.
    • This osprey is equipped with rapid fire gun that do small damage.
    • Companions and spectre won't be affected by shield osprey. 
    • When its in the Bastille range, it will provide shields to any companion inside bastille, but with halved shield rate
  • Modified Bursa, Vauban will throw a ball to summon a modified bursa. This bursa will act as a shield. Similiar to Auditor in index, but moveable and have bigger shield (unlike auditor that stay stationary)
    • This bursa also equipped with a laser gun with low rate of fire
  • Modified MOA, Vauban will throw a ball to summon modified MOA. This MOA will shoot either Shred or Concuss every 5 seconds to nearby enemy. 
    • These Shred and Concuss have a small radius range, but with higher projectile speed compared to its current
  • Weapon Turret, Vauban will throw a ball to summon a static turret. This particular turret will copy any weapon vauban Currently holding and the mod it uses. 
    • The weapon will deal only 20% of the original damage, halved the status chance and unable to do critical damage.
    • Wont work with melee weapon. If only the melee weapon that is present, the turret will do nothing (probably will change it, got no idea for this currently)

3. Combine Bastille and Vortex, while still able to cast either one. Tapping the ability will cast Bastille while holding the ability will cast Vortex. 

• Bastille will work the same as normal with a twist. Bastille will pull enemies outside to the bastille range. Basttile pulling range is 1m and unaffected with Range mods. This is to prevent enemy that were on edge of bastille
  • Vortex will work the same as normal, but it will enhance the range when the vortex is inside bastille. When casted inside the bastille, Every enemies affected by basttile will be pulled to the vortex. Using vortex inside Bastille will also replace its original range with bastille range
  • Enemies affected by vortex will receive adequate amount of damage of magnetic and receiving scaling impact damage based on amount of enemies pulled
  • Any allies withing basttile range will have their speed buffed by 15%
  • The idea of combining Vortex and basttile comes from the wasted abilities slot that have same purpose but hardly cooperate. 

Image below for changes visualization

Vor-tille.png

4. Exalted Orb Pet (Orb child? Name?). Vauban summon a modified version of orb, Have respawn time/cooldown 60s
  • The Orb's size is same as warframe in normal mission (or 3/4 size of warframe since lot of mission have tight space)
  • In open world, the size will be 2 times bigger, with walk speed doubled
  • Holding the ability button while targeting enemy will make orb prioritize that enemy
  • The Orb can be modified with sentinels mods as normal companions. 
  • Sentinels and Orb can coexist rather than replacing it
  • Mods used by sentinel can be used by Orb  without needing double mod
  • Orb unable to use some of sentinel's mod such as augment
  • Since Sentinel mods have no effect on abilities power, the ability power will use the warframe mods
  • The orb will act as walking automatic turret, with 2 attack types. Rapid fire "laser" gun and flamethrower. These will use Rifle mods
  • Passive aura : any summoned allies within 5m will receive small Healing over time (HoT) effect.

Mounted Mode
  • The orb is rideable/mountable by Vauban or other frame.
  • Orb firing type can be cycled with alt fire
  • When mounted, Warframe abilities will be replaced by orb abilities

Mounted Orb Abilities
1. Raknoids
  • Inspired by Exploiter Orb's Mite Raknoids swarm,
  • The Orb will release 8 small raknoids that will distract enemies fire.
  • Raknoids have small health but they are fast
  • Occasionally Raknoids will jump onto enemy, staggering and deal slash damage to enemy 
  • Re-casting the ability will make the existing Mite Raknoid to explode and deal miniscule damage of blast

2. Cycle ability, Orb will have 3 cycling abilities on its 2. This ability have cooldown of 5 seconds for every ability (You cant use 1 particular cycling ability for next 5 seconds, but you can cycle to use the other two)
  • Seeking Rocket, Orb will stop every action and release 4 small seeking rocket that deal blast damage (Profit Taker rocket barrage)
  • Body slam, Orb will stop every action and slam its body to emit Heat damage (Exploiter Orb Thermia Fracture)
  • Laser Sweep, Orb will shoot 2 laser beams at ground and progressively travel further. This will deal radiation damage (Will change when third orb ability is revealed)

3. Rectangular Shield
  • Inspired by Profit Taker's Rectangular Shield, 
  • The Orb summons rectangular energy shields all around itself, then after short amount of time, orb will push the shield outwards. This will deal impact and electric damage. Any enemy in the shield path will be knocked down
  • When the shield is up, Orb will be invunerable for short amount of time  

4. Self Destruct, pressing this abilities will make the Mounted orb to stop any action and eject the the mounted warframe. After 5 seconds, the orb will self destruct and deal massive damage of radiation. Shorten the respawn time by 25% (Probably will change to new orb abilities)

Summary:

Vauban's Abilities
  • Tesla, will do radial shock and able to target up to 3 targets. Its augment is innate. Tesla will do chain lightning to enemies withing basttile range
  • Minelayer, able to summon 4 type of allies
    • Shield Osprey, osprey that provide shield to warframe
    • Modified Bursa, Bursa that do same as Auditor in Index
    • Modified MOA, MOA that shoot Shred and Concuss every 5 seconds
    • Weapon Turret, Turret that copied Vauban's modded weapon. Turret have 20% damage, halved status chance and unable to do critical hit
  • Bastille and Vortex, Tap to cast Basttile, Hold to cast Vortex
    • Basttile have 1m static pulling range
    • Allies inside basttile will have their speed buffed by 15%
    • Vortex will pull every enemy in Basttile range when casted inside Basttile (With the range replaced)
    • Outside of basttile range, Vortex will do the same as old
    • Vortex Magnetic damage buffed and do scaling impact damage based on number of enemies pulled
  • Exalted Orb, summon a warframe-sized Orb Raknoid. In Open world, Orb will have 2x Size with Doubled speed. Have 2 modes, Walking Turret and Mounted
    • Holding the ability button while targeting enemy will make orb prioritize that enemy
    • Have respawn time/cooldown 60s
    • The orb have attack types. Rapid fire "laser" gun and flamethrower.
    • Mounted Mode, The orb is rideable/mountable
      • Orb firing type can be cycled with alt fire
      • When mounted, Warframe abilities will be replaced by orb abilities
Exalted Orb 's Abilities
  • Raknoids
    • The Orb will release 8 small raknoids to distract enemies
    • Raknoids will jump onto enemy, staggering and deal slash damage to enemy 
    • Re-casting the ability will make the existing Mite Raknoid to explode and deal miniscule damage of blast
  • Cycle ability, Cooldown 5 secs for each ability
    • Seeking Rocket, release 4 small seeking rocket that deal blast damage
    • Body slam, slam its body to emit Heat damage
    • Laser Sweep, shoot 2 laser beams at ground and progressively travel further. This will deal radiation damage
  • Rectangular Shield, summons rectangular energy shields all around itself, then push the shield outwards to knock any enemies on its path 
  • Self Destruct, Eject the warframe and self destruct. Deal massive damage of radiation. Shorten the respawn time by 25%

[VAUBAN AUGMENT REWORK!!]

Vauban's augment

Tesla Augment: Tesla will do constant radial shock
Tesla wont be able to target 3 targets, but it will do radial shock (similiar to moa knockback slam but electricity or Ferrox alt fire), with 75% of original range.

Minelayer Augment:  Vauban's able to deploy 1 more allies (or 2??) With damage reduced to 50%

Or

Minelayer 2nd Augment? : Every Allies spawned by vauban will receive 50% Link-health and 50% Link-Shield

Vortille Augment: 
Combine Perpetual Vortex and Repelling bastille (they work on their own). Combining Vortex and Bastille in same place will deactive Repelling Bastille.
Buffing Perpetual Vortex duration bonus to 100%

Orb Augment: Orb mother and its Raknoids now have 100% resistance to element based on Energy colour (2 Resistances). This have cooldown of 5 seconds and uptime for 30 seconds

Tell me what you guys think.. Too OP? Too Weak? Too Complicated? Out of theme? I need your feedback
well doubt this idea will ever to be implemented.. so you can say its for fun digging ideas

Edited by Gruiz
Update on Augments
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)BWS-Fizz said:

You should see how your post looks on the forum activity page LOL

I hope DE sees your post and take action any soon with Vauban and give him some love.

Let's hope so

I was expecting another generic idea that keeps minelayer and all its clunkiness but this is actually really original. I like the idea of riding into a grineer encampment on the plains on my orb mother going "Wassup #*!%ers"

Also the trailer for this would be great. Normal idylic day in the orb vallis for some corpus when a shadow stretches over the sky and they look up in aw before getting destroyed by raknoids

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot

2 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

I was expecting another generic idea that keeps minelayer and all its clunkiness but this is actually really original. I like the idea of riding into a grineer encampment on the plains on my orb mother going "Wassup #*!%ers"

Also the trailer for this would be great. Normal idylic day in the orb vallis for some corpus when a shadow stretches over the sky and they look up in aw before getting destroyed by raknoids

Ignore the Kapwing

On 2019-08-03 at 3:43 AM, Gruiz said:
  • Shield Osprey, Vauban will throw a ball to summon shield osprey. This shield osprey is fragile and will provide small amount of shield to warframe only. 
    • This osprey is equipped with rapid fire gun that do small damage.
    • Companions and spectre won't be affected by shield osprey. 
  • Modified Bursa, Vauban will throw a ball to summon a modified bursa. This bursa will act as a shield. Similiar to Auditor in index. 
    • This bursa also equipped with a laser gun with low rate of fire
  • Modified MOA, Vauban will throw a ball to summon modified MOA. This MOA will shoot either Shred or Concuss every 5 seconds to nearby enemy. 
    • These Shred and Concuss have a small radius range
  • Weapon Turret, Vauban will throw a ball to summon a static turret. This particular turret will copy any weapon vauban Currently holding and the mod it uses. 
    • The weapon will deal only 20% of the original damage, halved the status chance and unable to do critical damage.
    • Wont work with melee weapon. If only the melee weapon that is present, the turret will do nothing (probably will change it, got no idea for this currently)

His most useful grenades, Shred and Concuss, are controlled by AI which could have some unreliability. I think it would be better to switch what the Modified Moa does with what the Shield Osprey does because at least that follows you. 

On 2019-08-03 at 3:43 AM, Gruiz said:
Exalted Orb Mother (Orb child? Name?). Vauban summon a modified version of orb, Have respawn time/cooldown 60s
  • The Orb's size is same as warframe in normal mission (or 3/4 size of warframe since lot of mission have tight space)
  • In open world, the size will be 2 times bigger, with walk speed doubled
  • Sentinels and Orb can coexist rather than replacing it
  • Mods used by sentinel can be used by Orb  without needing double mod
  • Orb unable to use some of sentinel's mod such as augment
  • Since Sentinel mods have no effect on abilities power, the ability power will use the warframe mods
  • The orb will act as walking automatic turret, with 2 attack types. Rapid fire "laser" gun and flamethrower. These will use Rifle mods

I think this a bit too much, the Orb Mother part. Sounds like a frame that would be released with Fortuna with all the Corpus stuff and then this. Suit maybe? His own robot instead of the Orb Mother? Zanuka like pet?

It would be nice if all the sentinels/ other robotic got buffed (tank+damage) from some kind of aura emitting from his 4th. In osprey idea you considered it fragile, meaning it would have health and I'm assuming the others will too, so they would be less and less reliable at higher lvls. Having the 4th give them some tanking capbilites would be nice considering they're probably going to the nearest group of enemies and be shot down before they can do much.  Which would cause further problems than what people seem to have with minelayer, since you'll have to spam more everytime they die. Of course they could be duration based, 300 sec just like minelayer. 

23 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Isn't the first ability, just minelayer in terms of cycle. Wouldn't it cause even more clunkiness considering these could die I'm assuming, so you'll have to spam it at some point every time they die? 

Or is it tap one thing and now everything is here instead of a cycle? Still they'll die eventually whereas the mines won't at any level. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Isn't the first ability, just minelayer in terms of cycle. Wouldn't it cause even more clunkiness considering these could die I'm assuming, so you'll have to spam it at some point every time they die? 

Or is it tap one thing and now everything is here instead of a cycle? Still they'll die eventually whereas the mines won't at any level. 

The problem he had in minelayer ultimately is its reliability

His Bounce is too clunky, short bounce and have small radius.. with limited bounce

His Shred is too unreliable.. you need at least 175-200% Power Strength to be reliable in stripping armor.. it also have small radius. When it explode, it ragdoll the enemy and it got really low duration.

Moreover, even if u able to rip their armor with 200% Power Strength, the base duration is too low

His Concuss.. has small range and radiation tend to not work

Well i love his tripwire because it wont let enemy to stand up

Well gotta edit to make the allies tankable

1 minute ago, Gruiz said:

The problem he had in minelayer ultimately is its reliability

His Bounce is too clunky, short bounce and have small radius.. with limited bounce

His Shred is too unreliable.. you need at least 175-200% Power Strength to be reliable in stripping armor.. it also have small radius. When it explode, it ragdoll the enemy and it got really low duration.

Moreover, even if u able to rip their armor with 200% Power Strength, the base duration is too low

His Concuss.. has small range and radiation tend to not work

Well i love his tripwire because it wont let enemy to stand up

I do see those problems. But he's getting a rework, so all these things should be fixed if they plan to keep it. It defiantly could be fixed. Oh and with radiation, its all about positioning- you shouldn't be near the enemy and it will work all the time. I just prefer to use concuss all the time instead of anything else. 

• Like 1

Update:

1. Adding "Longer status duration" to Vauban's Tesla ability changes
  2. Adding "Any summoned minions insude the bastille range will have their health and armor buffed by 50%" to Vauban's Minelayer changes
  3. Adding "These allies will always stay with Vauban" to Vauban's Minelayer changes
  4. Adding "When its in the Bastille range, it will provide shields to any companion inside bastille, but with halved shield rate" to Shield Osprey's details
  5. Adding "but moveable and have bigger shield (unlike auditor that stay stationary)" to Modified Bursa's details
  6. Creating a passive for Exalted Orb Pet that interact with summoned allies
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-03 at 2:43 PM, Gruiz said:

[Vauban's augment rework]

Tesla Augment: Tesla will do constant radial shock
Tesla wont be able to target 3 targets, but it will do radial shock (similiar to moa knockback slam but electricity or Ferrox alt fire), with 75% of original range.

Minelayer Augment:  Vauban's able to deploy 1 more allies (or 2??) With damage reduced to 50%

Or

Minelayer 2nd Augment? : Every Allies spawned by vauban will receive 50% Link-health and 50% Link-Shield

Vortille Augment: 
Combine Perpetual Vortex and Repelling bastille (they work on their own). Combining Vortex and Bastille in same place will deactive Repelling Bastille.
Buffing Perpetual Vortex duration bonus to 100%

Orb Augment: Orb mother and its Raknoids now have 100% resistance to element based on Energy colour (2 Resistances). This have cooldown of 10 seconds and uptime for 15 seconds

Update on Augments!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-14 at 1:03 PM, abdullatif404 said:

I love to see Tesla hit all enemies in 20 m or like wisp the first ability

Something like that might be good, but having 10 tesla with ability of shock mote is really  op

On 2019-08-24 at 3:16 AM, Esoterics said:

By the VOID! that Orb Mother should be an entire sentinel on its own, it looks so boss, so awesome! you're really creative! 😮 

Thank youu, I'm glad you like it

Edited by Gruiz

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the amount of companions you are gonna give him, I think your Vauban's passive can be boosting allied mechanical companions tankiness.

And I see the Orb Pet idea... yep, take my Nitain Extract already.

Also, regardless of whether DE implements your idea or not for Vauban, I really hope they let us build a kind of Orb Pet one day, It can be just something like Spectres where we build in the Foundry, though it'd be better if it was more like the Moa pet. Or perhaps have it as a Dojo Research Mega Project. You build it in the Dojo. Your clan helps. A new clan role - Mechanical Engineer, could perhaps look at choosing what weapons etc. to put on the Orb Mother. When the Clan Orb Mother is finally done, clan members can buy the deployment signal and summon the Clan Orb Mother to certain mission modes. If anyone has played Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker or Metal Gear Solid V, you may recall there was such a feature that was partially implemented in those games, wherein there was some Metal Gear designing, or mini-Metal Gear (Walker Gear) deployment, but no actual big Metal Gear deployment, despite hints of the idea... they probably cut the content. But imagine if Warframe just went all in and completed such a similar feature, but in Warframe style, and that is the Clan Orb Mother Project.

Edited by Xepthrichros