Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Somewhat lore related - Why does AoH favor Harrow?

EL3kTr1C

As the title states, its just something I was a little curious about when I realized you can get ability augment mods for Harrow from Arbiters of Hexis as well as Red Veil.

Harrow (and Rell) is basically worshipped by Red Veil, and if I understand Rell's backstory correctly then he has every reason to hate the Tenno. So it makes sense he and his disciples aka Red Veil are 100% against the Arbiters who pretty much worship the Tenno. Speaking of which, the AoH are all about reaching the true potential of Tenno and rising above their role as warriors only, so how come they favor Harrow who basically worships the Void? Then again, I'm not fully caught up on all the lore connecting Tenno and the Void so maybe I'm missing something. 

I'm also aware that he's not the only frame favored by opposing factions (Ash/Loki/Volt are also favored by both Red Veil and AoH, Oberon is favored by Meridian/Loka, Octavia by Loka/Sudan, etc.) but I guess I'm just curious to hear some ideas 🙂 

edit: read the replies, seems like the favored warframes for each faction don't really have anything to do with lore and i was probably overthinking the Harrow/Red Veil thing. Ty for the replies people 👍

Edited by EL3kTr1C

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes it does feel.... Arbitrary 😎

:hexis: You have strayed too far from the path, may this correct you :hexis: 

I believe it's arranged so that if you defect to another set of factions and then think "damn, really needed that mod from whoever I was with before", you still have a chance at that mod. it's more of an in-game mechanic thing than a lore thing. plus I don't think they care what frame you use as long as you are loyal to their syndicate. even when you are against them, they'll try to kill you regardless of what you use.

so yeah, nobody really cares, we all just do each of the syndicates for the weapons (gotta get that MR) and then stick with the ones you like the most for thigns like relic packs during new Prime Farms, stuff to trade etc.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

:hexis: You have strayed too far from the path, may this correct you :hexis: 

I believe it's arranged so that if you defect to another set of factions and then think "damn, really needed that mod from whoever I was with before", you still have a chance at that mod. it's more of an in-game mechanic thing than a lore thing. plus I don't think they care what frame you use as long as you are loyal to their syndicate. even when you are against them, they'll try to kill you regardless of what you use.

so yeah, nobody really cares, we all just do each of the syndicates for the weapons (gotta get that MR) and then stick with the ones you like the most for thigns like relic packs during new Prime Farms, stuff to trade etc.

Some mods are not available from the 3 right or left sides,you need to micromanage a 4th. Trading standing is a better approach, so yeah that logic doesn't apply either. 

I believe the usual lore reason Hexis and the Veil are opposed is due to a fundamental difference in ideology, not Rell hating the Tenno (since, well, Palladino does refer to us as 'blessed star-child').

The Veil want to make the Tenno into their 'cleansing fire' - a wave of death that sweeps across the system, purging all evil in their path.

Hexis wants the Tenno to become a society of their own, believing them better than all others. 

These two conflict to some degree - the Veil very much consider the Tenno not so much as tools, but as warrior mythology. The Arbiters distinctly reject that.

Rell, being a Tenno who (from what it seems) stayed away from conflict wherever possible and purged the system as much as he could of the Man in the Wall more or less shows that those two philosophies are not mutually exclusive, not that the dogmas of both would be able to take their heads out of the sand to see it.

• Like 2