The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no cover system?

Hypermega

36 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

But you expose more of yourself when peaking left due to the gun being held up with your right.

If you use hitscan weapons, the only thing the game checks for is what your reticle is on. It doesn't care if you're firing into a wall if your camera has a clear view to the target.

On 2019-08-05 at 2:43 AM, Hypermega said:

and die the instant you pop warframe because enemies are hitscan aimbots with zero delay and inf range which are spawning in massive groups with eximus units and well above level 100 because your not loading up warframe just to run fissure missions as rhino. yes you can blink into a room or something but you still have to face them with your soma or whatever and good luck unless your cheesing. yes i get theres ways around it but options are few when enemies start hitting hard

Not so. In Fortuna you can get a % based dash attack for your operator. 60% of there life turned into damage. Just spam dash every where’s and kill them all.

well unless they have Armor then your #*!%ed.

On 2019-08-09 at 8:28 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Mechanically speaking it is still inconsistent, sure... helmets, except when tons of grineer units don't use helmets and some corpus units are robots.

Grineer are also over-produced, degrading clones, shadows of the military force they once were at their peak (though arguably still fierce, if for no other reason than gear and numbers), and Corpus are mostly workers and profiteers, not soldiers so much.  They rely on tech more than their physical prowess.  The robots, sure, buuuut once they get going they're pretty fierce, too... We're just that much stronger.

And that's by DESIGN.  The Tenno are -legends-.  They're some of the most powerful and feared warriors in all of history, so much so that some even thought them a MYTH until we returned!  So yeah, a few scrappy clones or accountants with pew-pew guns aren't gonna hold up against us, and that's as it should be.

I know people want a "challenge", but aside from the subjective issues with that, really...being god-like is what the Tenno -do-.

But hey, Tau is in the near future, and if we're gods....The Sentient Devils are surely waiting for us in their own Hell, so...we'll have our reckoning, no doubt.

On 2019-08-09 at 2:57 AM, Corvid said:

I'm aware, was more just sarcastically pointing out how quickly these forums jump back and forth in terms of complaints, and honestly to point out just why DE -doesn't- necessarily "listen to us", as we can't even figure out for ourselves one "right" answer.

you could mitigate damage via parkour 

or use defense and buffing frames and abilities

I don't think a cover system would be very much necessary as a form for damage mitigation and safety precaution as I don't see it fitting well with gameplay as it would also be very easy to cheese 

in short leave the covering to the enemies who really need it

If you want to take the word “Ninja” seriously, then Warframes might as well not be warriors at all, since historical Ninja were not trained killers, they were simply spies. You didn’t have to be a flying acrobat or expert fighter to become a Ninja. You simply had to be good at gathering intel or performing espionage.

As much as I loved Dark sector... if you so much as miss a bullet jump you're already playing catch-up on the race though your average mission. Cover mechanics just don't really fit in this game. Honestly I'd love to have played a slower warframe where it felt more like actual fights with cover rather than the high octane speed run it is now.