Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumper Doma

(PSN)Okamikai30

This is 100% a thread just to gather Intel on who exactly can kill a Doma. 

DE should know how bs that emissary mission is. 

I know this had been complained about, but I didn't think much of it, I knew it was a bs mob but boy, I didn't know how much bs is bs till I found one. 

It feels like someone was drunk when they designed the mob, it feels like someone was drunk when they decided it was a good idea to make that a 7k emissary mission. 

There are many good missions in Warframe, but chief, this ain't it. 

I wasted over 1500 ammo of Stradavar Prime just to do absolutely nothing to the dang mob. I managed to remove the armor, but after that? Nothing, there was nothing to tell me "hey you're getting close to a milestone" nothing to tell me "hey you're doing proper damage" (like decrease in health bar) nothing.

So comment below if you managed to find one, how long it took, and if you managed to kill it or not. 

Edited by (PS4)Okamikai30
  • Like 2

Found them within 5 mins, sometimes multiple in a row while doing conservation. Killed them within maximum 5 mins. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

But really this is more or less to find who can kill em. I know it's a small amount but I wanna know the general size. 

wut? It's not a hard thing to do. Get friends if you need help. Most people do just fine.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Found them within 5 mins, sometimes multiple in a row while doing conservation. Killed them within maximum 5 mins. 

wut? It's not a hard thing to do. Get friends if you need help. Most people do just fine.

It's pretty hard. 

This is an exclusive mission, very few (compared to those who can't) can do it.  

Just now, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

It's pretty hard. 

This is an exclusive mission, very few (compared to those who can't) can do it.  

you're wrong. Sorry. I hate to shatter your beliefs but it's not that hard, assuming you aren't new or almost new, Again, in that case get a posse together to do it.

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

you're wrong. Sorry. I hate to shatter your beliefs but it's not that hard, assuming you aren't new or almost new, Again, in that case get a posse together to do it.

Actually you're wrong. Look up anyone asking about it and you'll see it is hard. Just because you don't find it to be difficult doesn't mean you're right. 

Just now, BLI7Z said:

I guess it is because with a controller it's hard to aim to the green things were you have to shoot it to do any damage?

PC players definitely have an advantage when it comes to aim 😭

He's constantly moving, and even when aiming at the green things I don't always hit it so like 30 out of 90 bullets do proper damage

Personally, I find Titania quite enjoyable against them. Fought all three variant with her, and the most problem I get is one charge of my Sentinel Primed Regen when I get careless. It does take a bit of a while, mostly because my Dex Pixia is status-built. I should try making it semi-crit build.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

@DatDarkOne as a fellow controller user, any input you can give?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

So comment below if you managed to find one, how long it took, and if you managed to kill it or not. 

Since you asked specifically: I found one, it took about 5 minutes to find it. I killed it. It took me about 5 minutes to kill.

If ammo is a concern, bring pizzas, or use a weapon with regenerating ammo (e.g. Fulmin, Kitgun + Arcane, Cycron - bonus in that all of these do innate radiation or some base element that combo's into radiation). 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

He's constantly moving, and even when aiming at the green things I don't always hit it so like 30 out of 90 bullets do proper damage

I cannot play any kind of shooter with controllers, so my sympathies. My thumbs and my brain just don't work together that way. 

The Thumpers will stay still when they uh...thump...so take advantage of that window (just don't get knocked down). Also useful for when you only have one spot remaining and the jerk refuses to show it to you. It'll take longer than if you can hit the spots while it's bouncing around, but it's better than nothing.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Personally, I find Titania quite enjoyable against them. Fought all three variant with her, and the most problem I get is one charge of my Sentinel Primed Regen when I get careless. It does take a bit of a while, mostly because my Dex Pixia is status-built. I should try making it semi-crit build.

Oooo I should try Titania next time I get a chance. I've been using Excallibur Umbra but Titania makes much more sense lol

I wouldn't use a weapon like Stradavar but maybe something with a ton of Crit and base damage like Rubico prime. I personally used a slowva with a rubico equipped with radiation damage and it really didn't take that long to kill it. In fact, 95% of the time spent was just trying to get the thing to spawn. Oh and I didn't have any ammo problems so there's that.

17 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

I wouldn't use a weapon like Stradavar but maybe something with a ton of Crit and base damage like Rubico prime. I personally used a slowva with a rubico equipped with radiation damage and it really didn't take that long to kill it. In fact, 95% of the time spent was just trying to get the thing to spawn. Oh and I didn't have any ammo problems so there's that.

I thought Stradavar would be fine due to being an to deal lots of damage in one shot, so thank you for telling me otherwise! I have no idea if I have Rubico though

13 hours ago, Gamma745 said:
13 hours ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

😭

I lowered my look and aim settings.  Look is set to about 15-20 and aim at 10.  This way I can get precision aiming just by holding the aim trigger/button.  Everything else is just practice and knowing how your weapon behaves when shooting.  Especially important when using bows that have travel time and arc.  

edit: I will admit that it's much easier to fight the thumpers as Ivara and solo.  They don't move around nearly as much as they do with groups and/or non-invisible players.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
dang autocorrect

10 hours ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

@WarriorSoundwave hey, do you think a weapon like Vectis Prime would do well against a Doma? I forgot I had it and it seems like a sniper rifle would do semi-ok against it. 

Well, late response, but yeah it should do fine. I sorta forgot Stradavar had the semi mode when I was responding that first time. But anything with just a ton of damage and crit should do the job.

1 hour ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Well, late response, but yeah it should do fine. I sorta forgot Stradavar had the semi mode when I was responding that first time. But anything with just a ton of damage and crit should do the job.

Thank you! 

As for Semi-mode, it's really weird to use (in my opinion) so I prefer the auto, so I'mma just go with Vectis 😂

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I lowered my look and aim settings.  Look is set to about 15-20 and aim at 10.  This way I can get precision aiming just by holding the aim trigger/button.  Everything else is just practice and knowing how your weapon behaves when shooting.  Especially important when using bows that have travel time and arc.  

edit: I will admit that it's much easier to fight the thumpers as Ivara and solo.  They don't move around nearly as much as they do with groups and/or non-invisible players.  

I don't think I have Ivara (I really should, she sounds like one of the best warframes, going off on how often I hear about her) 

I think my sensitivity is high so that I can spray and hit enemies, but a lower sensitivity will most likely help much more, so thank you! 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

I think my sensitivity is high so that I can spray and hit enemies, but a lower sensitivity will most likely help much more, so thank you! 

You can also do a combo of the two.  For example,leave the look speed high while lowering the aim speed.  This way you can still have ability to spray enemies and then just hold the aim button for slower more precision aiming.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

I don't think I have Ivara (I really should, she sounds like one of the best warframes, going off on how often I hear about her) 

Ivara's true strength appears during solo play.  Using her while with groups requires a better understanding of her and situational awareness than most are willing to use or that other players in the group will allow.  

For example, in group survival missions you might notice an experienced Ivara player staying just out of the group or somewhere else completely.  This is usually so the group doesn't get her killed with all the crossfire they aggro.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

You can also do a combo of the two.  For example,leave the look speed high while lowering the aim speed.  This way you can still have ability to spray enemies and then just hold the aim button for slower more precision aiming.  

Ivara's true strength appears during solo play.  Using her while with groups requires a better understanding of her and situational awareness than most are willing to use or that other players in the group will allow.  

For example, in group survival missions you might notice an experienced Ivara player staying just out of the group or somewhere else completely.  This is usually so the group doesn't get her killed with all the crossfire they aggro.  

I'll probably do experiments to figure out which works best, doing both low or a mix. 

What exactly does Ivara do? I just know that for a lot of scenarios shes the answer, I've always forgotten to actually look into her, lol.