Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Splinter Storm work?

TeaHawk

Question

Hi. I would like to know, how exactly Gara's splinter storm work. As I know, each time you cast mass vitrify, splinter storm timer is renewed. And each time you break glass wall with shatter lash 50% of dmg is absorbed by your glass shield. The question is: can you stack it all the way through the mission to absurd numbers?

Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Very much so, how else do you think Gara took down an entire Sentient by herself? 😄

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Don't play a smart guy. I've checked the wiki. If I'm asking something here is that only I did not come up to the answer. There's literally nothing said about how many stacks you can have, and whether they disappear with the initial duration going off or not.
I want to be sure before wasting my time and formas. That's why I'm asking.
Thank you.

32 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Hi. I would like to know, how exactly Gara's splinter storm work. As I know, each time you cast mass vitrify, splinter storm timer is renewed. And each time you break glass wall with shatter lash 50% of dmg is absorbed by your glass shield. The question is: can you stack it all the way through the mission to absurd numbers?

Thanks in advance.

YES 

how it stacks and how much is factored from these

-mods equipped to melee

-power strength

-riven on melee

factor in refresh time and energy or else it goes away 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

YES 

how it stacks and how much is factored from these

-mods equipped to melee

-power strength

-riven on melee

factor in refresh time and energy or else it goes away 

Have you played with that kind of build? Does 30 sec duration seem sufficient to guarantee perfectly timed recast in practice?

Edited by TeaHawk

26 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Have you played with that kind of build?

Gara's build in question works offs a melee stat stick. That because the stats from the melee weapon combine with the frame's mods to effect the ability. With more duration you can get 45ish sec. That what my current build I use for Arbi is at least. 

Not sure why you are attacking the first post. They answered your question. It can be stacked as high as you want. Think my best was 2mil and was about a hour of stacking in arbi. The information on what mods effect the abilities are in the wiki so providing that was not wrong to do.

31 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Does 30 sec duration seem sufficient to guarantee perfectly timed recast in practice?

MV will take you 2-3 sec cast unless you have god reflexes and can save it at >1.5 sec left on timer.  As for if 30sec dur is enough, thats personal preference. I got mine up to 45ish because I don't want to be dealing with short timers. I also have primed mods so you may not be able hit the same times. Since you need a black and white answer: There is no such thing a "perfectly timed recast in practice". The only timing is before it runs out. Everything else is opinion.

31 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Gara's build in question works offs a melee stat stick. That because the stats from the melee weapon combine with the frame's mods to effect the ability. With more duration you can get 45ish sec. That what my current build I use for Arbi is at least. 

Not sure why you are attacking the first post. They answered your question. It can be stacked as high as you want. Think my best was 2mil and was about a hour of stacking in arbi. The information on what mods effect the abilities are in the wiki so providing that was not wrong to do.

MV will take you 2-3 sec cast unless you have god reflexes and can save it at >1.5 sec left on timer.  As for if 30sec dur is enough, thats personal preference. I got mine up to 45ish because I don't want to be dealing with short timers. I also have primed mods so you may not be able hit the same times. Since you need a black and white answer: There is no such thing a "perfectly timed recast in practice". The only timing is before it runs out. Everything else is opinion. 

Thank you very much. I have all mods affecting warframe stats. But I'm seeking perfection. Currently I have the option between only 35k explosion dmg (+17.5k to stacks), 30 seconds duration and 7 m range or 45k dmg (+22.5k to the stack on each explosion), 45 sec duration but only 4m radius. I don't know which is better.

1 hour ago, TeaHawk said:

Have you played with that kind of build? Does 30 sec duration seem sufficient to guarantee perfectly timed recast in practice?

i run 30 seconds with zenurik to top off energy and arcane energize and hunter adrenaline , all in all getting damaged while its up helps me keep it going longer as her storms 90% reduction is handy to do that 

highest ive maintained or needed was 1 mil 

but times i forget or stop and reset hits so just keep an eye on it 

1 час назад, TeaHawk сказал:

Thank you very much. I have all mods affecting warframe stats. But I'm seeking perfection. Currently I have the option between only 35k explosion dmg (+17.5k to stacks), 30 seconds duration and 7 m range or 45k dmg (+22.5k to the stack on each explosion), 45 sec duration but only 4m radius. I don't know which is better.

I would say that even 3m range is enough for me. After that all you need to do is just walk and jump near enemies.

Edited by bl1te

1 hour ago, TeaHawk said:

Currently I have the option between only 35k explosion dmg (+17.5k to stacks), 30 seconds duration and 7 m range or 45k dmg (+22.5k to the stack on each explosion), 45 sec duration but only 4m radius. I don't know which is better.

Depends what you're doing.

If I'm just out just doing stuff and happen to be playing Gara, then I go with long duration/high efficiency builds. The idea is to keep the stacks up and not worry particularly about what MV might or might not do when detonated. 

If I'm concentrating on farming something like a defense, then a strength build concentrating on MV detonation is advantageous--especially if you have outside sources of energy. 

Range isn't a huge deal with Gara. It's a nicety. I keep it around 100% and that's good enough for about any use. You might want more for the MV detonation, but I wouldn't give up much to get it. 

3 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

And each time you break glass wall with shatter lash 50% of dmg is absorbed by your glass shield

Remember to break it from The Outside....

3 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

The question is: can you stack it all the way through the mission to absurd numbers?

The Damage on Splinter storm Scales based on How Hard your Shattered Lash Hits.... and That scales with The Damage Mods on your melee weapon and your Ability Strength....

So the higher the damage mods on your Melee Weapon and The Higher Your Ability Strength then the more damage will be stored into your splinter storm each time you shatter the glass from the outside....

outside Mods that increase Melee Damage like Steel Charge will also effect the damage....

Enemies that shatter The Spectrorage Mirrors near you will also add to Your Splinter Storm....

You can Cast Splinter Storm on your Allies and you can also store up damage.... do note that their damage and your damage is not shared. They must also be near the glass wall when you shatter it to store damage....

2 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

There's literally nothing said about how many stacks you can have, and whether they disappear with the initial duration going off or not.

Yes it does Disapear if the Duration runs out (it will also disappear if you fall out of bounds and are reset)

I have 42 Seconds on mine.... I wouldn't use anything less....

Range is also opinion. The main benefit is damage done and damage reduction you get. Most hallways are small enough 4m is more than enough. If not I just do another pass. Gara is not a frame I use for speed running. I want survivability and destruction to all who touch her.