Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Nikana Prime?

(PSN)ErydisTheLucario

Question

11 answers to this question

Even though you say not to involve Rivens, Nikana is a special case where Rivens cannot not be mentioned.

Simply put...  use a riven. If you're going for Nikana type weapons, Skiajati is the best status, a Sepfahn zaw is the best crit, and Nikana prime is a hybrid weapon.  So I would reccomend trying to use a hybrid setup with a riven. Nikana's normal variants are jack of all trade weapons, but you'll need a riven's power and three stats to make it good at everything at once.

1 hour ago, Zavenosk said:

Even though you say not to involve Rivens, Nikana is a special case where Rivens cannot not be mentioned.

Simply put...  use a riven. If you're going for Nikana type weapons, Skiajati is the best status, a Sepfahn zaw is the best crit, and Nikana prime is a hybrid weapon.  So I would reccomend trying to use a hybrid setup with a riven. Nikana's normal variants are jack of all trade weapons, but you'll need a riven's power and three stats to make it good at everything at once.

Okay...I see hybrid weapon, I think I can make something work with that. I say not to mention rivens because Rng has never been good to me in the riven department, and I do not have the plat to shell out for one. You already know how high prices can go, but I will keep it in mind in case something does change,

Just now, Lutesque said:

What are the Stats ? 15% Status and 15% Crit Right ? 

Seems pretty obvious you you should build it for both....

Condition Overload + Blood Rush. 

Soooo yeah.... if you're adamant about this specific Nikana then you should get a Riven.... 

20 for both status and crit, but again, the riven is problematic for me. I can however make a hybrid weapon like this work with blood rush and Condition overload.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

20 for both status and crit, but again, the riven is problematic for me. I can however make a hybrid weapon like this work with blood rush and Condition overload.

20% is good... just like The Galatine Prime....

Well... all you need now is a good stance and you're all set....

I nominate:

latest?cb=20171007155139

Nikana Prime is fine without a riven. It’s basically a mini Galatine Prime.

Dragon Nikana can be brought to that same level if you have a riven (I have a +damage, Cc, sc, - cc on slide) and it does great, but if you don’t have a riven the Nikana Prime is strictly better in every way. 

They all basically use the same build. Your standard bloodrush build. CO if you want.

As far as stances go: Tranquil Cleave is pretty nice. It looks the best in my opinion. Blind Justice feels and looks wonky, but it is probably the most balanced and useful, and it has some very nice combos. It’s probably the best once you get the hang of it! (As dumb as reverse grips are) Decisive Judgement is... weird.

Nikanas have never felt worth it to me.
Part of it is the lackluster stances. Blind Justice is awkward in its combos and has too much movement for its one combo that I see do a lot of damage. The other stances just never seem to measure up in terms of damage output.

If I go melee and I'm not doing some spin build or redeemer prime then I'm on the galatine prime or something and just cleaving my way through a room of enemies faster and easier than nikanas would.

The nikana zaw had its time in the sun when you could proc zaw arcnes with Exalted Blade. That was apparently patched out so it's back to Galatine Prime for my Excal Umbra.