Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's fireball augment is really nice now.

kapn655321

yeah now Ember herself can hit that pinnacle of strongest overall Damage Buffs in the game (excluding hitting the Damage cap with Sonar, that never counts, haha), rather than only being able to apply that to someone else.

a walking apocalypse, of sorts.
(if these Augments could apply to Abilities, Fireball Frenzy would singlehandedly solve that community notion of "Ember doesn't do any Damage" since Fireball Frenzy could represent something in the order of 500% Power Strength in a single Mod Slot - alas.)

1 hour ago, Tatann said:

Like Umbra Forma and vacuum on pets

This situation is a little different, but I don't think it's necessarily out of the question any more. It should be out of the question...but I don't know.

Back in the day we had to slot warframe abilities into mod slots. Eventually they changed them and the number of mod slots we had, but it had a drastic impact on the game, now being able to reach unimaginable levels of warframe power. Giving us additional slots for the few meaningful augments could seriously hurt the already blatant power creep and balancing issues that we have in this game. 

On the other hand, most augments are literally not worth giving up a slot for to begin with, which is why people keep asking for augments slots. That would still put us in a very disproportionate place between frames with good mods and frames without.

In the end, the only right answer is to fix augments so that all of them are worth a mod slot to begin with rather than furthering the issue of power creep. DE has already started doing this, which is why I'm not sure that they will give an augment slot. DE hasn't exactly hit the nail on the head with all of the changes, but with the elemental mod changes I can say it has made Ember a LOT more enjoyable, and made that augment worth a slot.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
typo

I know some people are irresponsible, but "people" were aware that umbra polarity should be more rare (rarer ?) than the usual and therefore umbra forma should be a rare reward (maybe not "4 per year rare" though)

And DE went back so far on pet vacuum that Fetch > Vacuum (range is bigger, and you have 2 entities vacuuming, the pet and the warframe), so who knows, maybe they'll give us an augment slot and increased points with it (nothing can be unexpected since Canada legalized it)

Also, a middle ground would be to make all augments slottable in the exilus slot, not only "mobilty augments"

And people crying at power creep could start with the bigger power creep umbra mods brought (with more survivability even more)