Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss needs a rework fast!

linuxfreebird

Gauss is a cool concept, but two of his main abilities have serious problems, and I believe many players will stop playing him when they encounter the following problems:

(First Problem) : His first ability Mach Rush is too slow. When I am in POE or OV, my team has beaten me to the next objective every-time using blink with their arch-wings. It really ruins the point of playing Gauss just for his speed and I feel like I am holding up the team every-time I run on the ground. In my last mission in POE, it took me an extra 10 seconds to get to the door when everyone else blinked over there. By the way, I am not asking to nerf blink, just buff Gauss' speed.

(First Solution) : Make his fourth ability RedLine, double his speed or something. When I am playing something that runs on the ground fast, I want to feel like I am on the edge of loosing control, and when I am running Gauss on the plains, I could probably run while half a sleep. Make him so fast, that it actually requires skill to handle him.

(First Side Note) : He needs a high jump during Mach Rush to jump over obstacles on POE or OV, or players will be stuck running on the roads, running around mountains to get to the next objective.

(Second Problem) : RedLine charge up time is problematic. If you increase Gauss' power duration, it takes a long time to build up the speed meter. At max power duration, it took me 50 seconds to get the speed meter up to full, leaving me with 10 seconds of feeling topped off on my speed meter. If my power duration is 50 percent, then it charges up super fast, but only a few seconds of remaining time feeling good with a topped off speed meter. Again, what is the point of managing a speed meter under these conditions?

(Second Solution) : One fix could be to have the speed meter keep its current progress when RedLine expires instead of setting it back to zero. Another solution could be to increase the ratio of charge up to charge down time, so it feels more meaningful to invest in charging up the speed meter and feeling good that it is topped off with significant amount of time to spare.

DE please fix with love.

Edited by linuxfreebird
  • Like 1

... Gauss was released in less than 24h ago...

3 minutes ago, linuxfreebird said:

(First Problem) : His first ability Mach Rush is too slow. When I am in POE or OV, my team has beaten me to the next objective every-time using blink with their arch-wings. It really ruins the point of playing Gauss just for his speed and I feel like I am holding up the team every-time I run on the ground. In my last mission in POE, it took me an extra 10 seconds to get to the door when everyone else blinked over their. By the way, I am not asking to nerf blink, just buff Gauss' speed.

Gauss main feature is speed, not teleport, And because of that, his main feature doesn't imply that he has to be faster than Itzal's Blink. Its speed already makes the Warframe practically uncontrollable, so I don't really understand your problem here. Jumping over obstacles wouldn't work either to solve your problem, because the obstacles aren't your problem, its Itzal's Blink teleport that's faster than your Gauss and you can't do a damn thing about it.

You're comparing "speed" and "teleport", and its a non-existent comparison. It makes no sense to compare them.

I'm not even going to talk about Redline, because I didn't get Gauss yet, and what I hate the most is talking about specific 1~4 skills without trying them out first. However, the main feature is something I can fairly point out.

• Like 2

I've been using Gauss essentially since he came out, I either haven't noticed or it isn't happening, but I'd like it if either abilities gave a speed multiplier like volts speed, seems like my a sprint Gauss doesn't increase Mach abilities very much. 

On the note of teleporting though, you guys should try setting up wisp's notes as fast travel locations, so nice to be able to beat an itzel across the map.

And yeah, Gauss feedback is pinned, would recommend copying your topic into its comments.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

I've been using Gauss essentially since he came out, I either haven't noticed or it isn't happening, but I'd like it if either abilities gave a speed multiplier like volts speed, seems like my a sprint Gauss doesn't increase Mach abilities very much. 

On the note of teleporting though, you guys should try setting up wisp's notes as fast travel locations, so nice to be able to beat an itzel across the map.

And yeah, Gauss feedback is pinned, would recommend copying your topic into its comments.

May you post the pinned thread? I was unable to find it.

You are comparing something that fly in the air against something that runs on the ground? So it is like comparing plane to car, people bought car will be complaining to the car companies that their car not going faster than a plane.

Moreover, they use blink which is instant teleport, so there is no way anything on the ground can match the speed.

For me, Gauss feels like he plays well when being played like Tracer from Overwatch, short Mach bursts forward like a "Blink" to refill the battery / close the gap / getting into cower and do longer rushes for knocking down enemies / headbutt the wall for the explosion. He is quick and agile but Redline really makes him shine for me, with the quicker reload speed etc. Nothing is faster than a Itzal blinking but then again, Archwings are just a means of transportation, in normal missions you will be miles ahead to objectives. It also gets more fun with a speed volt in the squad as well as it boosts the speed of Mach Rush 🙂

I think Gauss should at some point of his speed accumulation... be able to break space and time and do short range teleports. Maybe this can be incorporated into part of his Redline boosting his Mach Rush. Perhaps combine Redline + Shift + 1 (Mach Rush) to initiate short range teleports in the direction you are running. That'd help his mobility in open world.

Tbh I don't understand the thing about him being too slow.

There literally is no need for any frame being spectacular fast. I mean yes you can run fast around Fortuna or POE but for what reason is that needed that your Archwing or K-Drive isn't enough? I don't see any content for that. I mean of course I am now talking to that one of the five guys playing warframe who have a league and making warframe races on Fortuna and POE and yeah yeah not all frames need to be meta but this isn't even niche design. For me it's completely out of context.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Gauss was released in less than 24h ago...

Gauss main feature is speed, not teleport,...its Itzal's Blink teleport that's faster than your Gauss and you can't do a damn thing about it.

Well, that's not entirely true.   You could give Gauss two gears.  Press 1 to put it into 1st gear.  Hold 1 to put it into second gear for overland travel.

Not that I'm advocating it per se (don't have Gauss and never use archwings for travel) but it's something they could do for quality of life.

For those players who are against increasing Gauss' mach rush speed to be on par with Itzal's blink, I wish to protest that us speedsters are not asking for a one speed, but a toggle speed so players can choose to go fast or slow. Also, I just tested Zephyr with max power duration, and her tail wind ability is just as fast as blink, thus there is no excuse not to buff Gauss' mach rush speed. Please DE, let us speedsters have fun on POE and OV. Thanks. Also, I understand that Gauss is as fast as blink if you have other buffing speed frames in the party, but that is a few and far between scenario that us speedsters rarely encounter.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-31 at 12:37 PM, linuxfreebird said:

Gauss is a cool concept, but two of his main abilities have serious problems, and I believe many players will stop playing him when they encounter the following problems:

(First Problem) : His first ability Mach Rush is too slow. When I am in POE or OV, my team has beaten me to the next objective every-time using blink with their arch-wings. It really ruins the point of playing Gauss just for his speed and I feel like I am holding up the team every-time I run on the ground. In my last mission in POE, it took me an extra 10 seconds to get to the door when everyone else blinked over there. By the way, I am not asking to nerf blink, just buff Gauss' speed.

(First Solution) : Make his fourth ability RedLine, double his speed or something. When I am playing something that runs on the ground fast, I want to feel like I am on the edge of loosing control, and when I am running Gauss on the plains, I could probably run while half a sleep. Make him so fast, that it actually requires skill to handle him.

(First Side Note) : He needs a high jump during Mach Rush to jump over obstacles on POE or OV, or players will be stuck running on the roads, running around mountains to get to the next objective.

(Second Problem) : RedLine charge up time is problematic. If you increase Gauss' power duration, it takes a long time to build up the speed meter. At max power duration, it took me 50 seconds to get the speed meter up to full, leaving me with 10 seconds of feeling topped off on my speed meter. If my power duration is 50 percent, then it charges up super fast, but only a few seconds of remaining time feeling good with a topped off speed meter. Again, what is the point of managing a speed meter under these conditions?

(Second Solution) : One fix could be to have the speed meter keep its current progress when RedLine expires instead of setting it back to zero. Another solution could be to increase the ratio of charge up to charge down time, so it feels more meaningful to invest in charging up the speed meter and feeling good that it is topped off with significant amount of time to spare.

DE please fix with love.

I Agree with the jumping obstacles, something like the k-drive jumping, peharps that should be added on RedLine so it could be more special, could consume energy or battery, jump is the only thing i agree with you, the rest, he would be extremely overpower and uncontrollable, i agree with they guy, can't compare speed with teleport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkMetor said:

I Agree with the jumping obstacles, something like the k-drive jumping, peharps that should be added on RedLine so it could be more special, could consume energy or battery, jump is the only thing i agree with you, the rest, he would be extremely overpower and uncontrollable, i agree with they guy, can't compare speed with teleport.

I disagree that it is overpowered. It depends on your definition of overpowered, but if your definition of overpowered is killing too many enemies, farming too many resources, or out lasting enemy damage, then this speed increase does not fall under any of these categories, Its purely for fun.

4 minutes ago, DarkMetor said:

Also, Zephyr is as fast as blink. Does that make Zephyr overpowered?

On 2019-08-31 at 6:37 PM, linuxfreebird said:

DE please fix with love.

well we the right people u can actually make him go faster than Itzal but his concept is speed and not teleoprting sooo

Am 31.8.2019 um 17:37 schrieb linuxfreebird:

(First Problem) : His first ability Mach Rush is too slow. When I am in POE or OV, my team has beaten me to the next objective every-time using blink with their arch-wings. 

More like 1st World Problem, you are comparing a car to a plane. Outside of PoE and OV, he can hardly use his full speed, as you get stopped by every door you meet.

But he's great for excavation so far, carrying energy cells leftover from across the map to the active excavator.

3 hours ago, NoSpax said:

More like 1st World Problem, you are comparing a car to a plane. Outside of PoE and OV, he can hardly use his full speed, as you get stopped by every door you meet.

But he's great for excavation so far, carrying energy cells leftover from across the map to the active excavator.

you can do that with operator dash as well

On 2019-08-31 at 5:55 PM, Uhkretor said:

Its speed already makes the Warframe practically uncontrollable

no... the fact that you cant turn makes him uncontrollable... thats why he suck as a speedster... 

sux that the ruined the fun of volts speed by making it look so damn slow... 

• 3 weeks later...