Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointment in DE attitude/ game is not adult/worker friendly

Malcydon

I'm an older player who is returning from time to time to see, if the game has sth to play or not. I play with friends mostly.
I have a lot of problem with where this "game" is going and how most of the issues have not been fixed, addressed and have been getting worse.
The time allocation of the game is bad at best. Grind is time locked, content is time locked, not unlockable with platinum, unaccessible,
and people with an actual life or job cannot play the game. No solution, no friendliness, nothing.

- I'm very angry that fishing baits have been taken out. The one thing I liked in Eidalon, and found relaxing after an 8-12h workshift, 
and basicly the only thing that was not "grind"-modded by dev, now requires me to invest my limited freetime, before I can actually enjoy a gamepart,
that is grinding only so I can basicly.. have an amp that I have to max level BEFORE I can PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS. Content locks.
Does anyone get this? I'm supposed to sacrifice all my free time, to do 2-3 type of grinds, just so I can do an Eidalon hunt with my friends. Thx.
These are not minigames, or enjoyable grinds either. None of them are. Trying to collect wisps, is not enjoyable content.

- And that still requires 30 wisps, that I'm very happy that I can finally get at a trader, for 2k when my daily limitation is 17k.
No problem, I can increase that with power leveling. Whats the point of power leveling again? Content locks. Nothing. None of those items are every used.
The whole wisp is another nitain/mastery level/extra standing, that is being patched with something else. Worth nothing, has no point, and just eats dev. time.
The point is, all I'm seeing are small patches - like Kuva/Riven - that could've been simplier sold by a delete button, than this overcomplicated go around,
that doesn't really achieve anything but problems.

- You expect me to "play" 2 months of unenjoyable patch/fix "content", to play 1 enjoyable mission, that has no good repeative value.
Aka 2 months of wasting my time with flying around on the plains for a Wisp. What was wrong with mining and fishing? Collecting things? Exploring?
That was a worthy content.

- Download time/starter app. It's bad. Whenever you patch the game, there is a 2-12h time - depending on size - when I have a good 56kb-300kb/s download time.
It's easier to download the whole 40gb warframe again, than wait to your app doing anything. Pliz, fix it. Pliz do sth about it that is positive. 
Yesterday I was about to play warframe before noon at my saturday, with friends, but we couldn't update the game. We have to push the whole thing to after noon.
Which is awesome when I have a free weekend and a limited time to play the game. I redownloaded the whole game instead, because it really didn't get anywhere.
I also question why does a simple window that does nothing has to use so much RAM and CPU power. It literally does nothing. 

- I have one side problem, that might be unnoticable at first. For some reason, most people I know, does not go to Venus.
I wanted to play those parts, but it's mostly distruption/Eidalon hunt/.. that mission for getting talent points.
None of those are at Venus.

+ I'm happy that a couple good new missions have been added.
+ Not sure about the nightmarish thing, but hey.
+ I'm happy that new and better contents are coming.
+ I'm very happy with the new mining system, it is funnyish.
+ I'm outstandingly happy for the rumba. Trully a good addition. Hat off for whoever's idea it was.

Currently I would give 2/5. I sent some money on the way, but I'm afraid that I would rather buy the Rhino figurine,
than play Warframe in the future. Next week I will have an afternoon shift, and I will be unable to play with my friends.
Basicly out of the planned 3 days, we managed to spend half a day.

As a fellow player, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed.

... As a fellow working human, I'm sorry to hear that your shifts only go from 8h to 12h periods....

However, baits weren't taken out. Bait Blueprints were taken out, there is a huge difference. You can still buy baits from Fisher Hai-Luk for a small amount of Ostron standing. Mining can still be performed as before. Cetus Wisp collection is easy, if you search near masses of water. The big lake near Cetus gate usually has 5 or 6 lying around, 5 runs would suffice to get what you need.

Eidolon hunts aren't supposed to be executed several times a day, or on a daily basis, by your average squad... Yes, squad.

You can't have the "good" content without having the "bad" content. They are tied with each other, its how you do the "bad" content that actually matters. DE isn't expecting you to run anything, since it is ultimately your choice.

The Launcher (I believe that's the "download time/starter app" you're referring to) is made using Chrome Engine Framework. This specific Framework is more of a resource hog than Win7 + Win8 + Win10 combined, and the Launcher also shows headline news related to latest update when it is relevant.

The reason why you get no one on Venus is because the equivalent of the Eidolon, on the Orb Vallis, requires a creative approach to it. Also, standing gained on the Orb Vallis is slightly different than it is on the Plains.

Look, in all honesty, everyone within working age works for a living (except rich people, those have money growing from their armpits and groin...).

I think you need to see things from a different perspective. Weekends is where you have more time to play with your friends, right? Why not use a slight amount of time during the rest of the weeks, like 30 minutes or an hour, to get some of the things you need that will allow you to play the "good" content with your friends and/or have your friends help you during that slight time when possible?

12 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I also forgot to mention a couple new things that I also like:
+ the new sentinel is quite cute
+ the new vauban concussion grenade (just noticed)
+ a lot of new UI element are quite good, interception is a +++

Uhkretor. I'm doing that. I can manage simple... well I have 40 mukray (L) fish I will be just giving in.
But thats the point. I will log in, do that... and you basicly just pulled a week on me. You say this is a "necessary" bad things.
It's not necessary. You can't.. tell me that instead of playing.. not playing is a necessity. That I will not be able to agree to.

No. This is misunderstood. My problem is this:
I'm farming for mastery levels right now. I'm trying to find suitable planets.. as old planets have been reworked. 
Interception doesn't seem to work well and survival.. is kind.. inept.. players are killing eachother for the right of killing.. basicly.
Why wasn't the old combos good? I was playing. It was awesome. Everyone was playing at the same places. They should've added different styles,
beside the main planets, different mutators, different rewards. Like Draco was incredibly famous. Well.. put a survi beside it.. put a couple mission beside it.. and you build on sth.
Now I see 2-3 squads thrown around the galaxy at 2-3 planets and the rest are 0.. I found only 1 spot with 5 squads.. Why is this good?

I thank you for the wisp information. I did not have any luck with it. Some people said I should try at night. I will try again, with little hopes, but still.
I hate whisp farming as previously I spent 2 weeks, each day hours trying to farm, only to be left behind seriously by my friends.
Only later was I informed that they were doing missions instead. I was so useless at missions that I stopped playing warframe.
Now... I came back and bait recipes are taken out. What's the point of fishing than?

If I have a cap of 1000, I spent 500 on baits.. than I'm halfway back to where I started. Basicly Warframe is trying to steal my precious time,
when I'm paying for them. This is not entertainment, whatever it wants to be.

44 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I checked on your data. Whisp farm result
1st round: 2 wisp
2nd round: 1 wisp
3rd: 0
4th: 0
5th: 0
6th: 0
7th: 0

Some people believe in coincidences. I'm not one of them.
I'm sorry to say, but this is a joke at best. The game is asking players to stop playing the game.

9 minutes ago, Malcydon said:

Some people said I should try at night

Yep, Night Time on the Plains is where you find the most of the wisps. They aren't restricted to the big lake though, that was an example of a place where you can find a decent amount of wisps.

There are two ways to do mastery farm... One of them is running Sanctuary Onslaught, which is mostly the reason why you can't find any public squads on regular missions, on either planet... The other is to run regular missions.

Honestly, if you're just increasing your mastery, Sanctuary Onslaught is where you probably are doing it/should be at. But considering how fast you get Mastery Points by running Onslaught, you need to have resources and several stuff being built at the same time, on a daily basis. On your case, this can't be done. You need resources to build your things, which is what I recommend.

Run regular missions, non-endless missions prefferably, by yourself. Start with an Exterminate, and then go from there. Kill everyone, find containers and lockers (I suggest "Thief's Wit" mod to help) and pick whatever resource you can find. If you do that while you're mastery farming, you'll end up having enough resources to keep building things while you're max ranking other stuff that was already built.

Endless missions, like Survival, are good but you don't need the added stress on your particular case. From what I understood, you were left behind by your friends (game progress) and you simply are unable to keep up. On top of that, you stopped playing which probably caused you to lose some of what you have learned before. My suggestion is to simulate a "reset". Play non-endless missions, starting from an Exterminate mission. Once you get used to killing and searching for resources, go to either sabotage, spy or capture... Again, once you get used to those mission types, go to Mobile Defense... and then jump to endless mission types.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Yep, Night Time on the Plains is where you find the most of the wisps. They aren't restricted to the big lake though, that was an example of a place where you can find a decent amount of wisps.

Not everyone looks up the literal map on the spawn locations & can build a speedy Ivara/Nova and just use itzal/operator map leaps to check every lake. Its not that Night-time is the best time to find wisps, its just alot easier to spot them.

There are two ways to do mastery farm... One of them is running Sanctuary Onslaught, which is mostly the reason why you can't find any public squads on regular missions, on either planet... The other is to run regular missions.

Did you seriously forget Hydron is still a thing?

Endless missions, like Survival, are good but you don't need the added stress on your particular case. From what I understood, you were left behind by your friends (game progress) and you simply are unable to keep up. On top of that, you stopped playing which probably caused you to lose some of what you have learned before. My suggestion is to simulate a "reset". Play non-endless missions, starting from an Exterminate mission. Once you get used to killing and searching for resources, go to either sabotage, spy or capture... Again, once you get used to those mission types, go to Mobile Defense... and then jump to endless mission types.

Not everyone has the tolerance that one builds from games that can have absurd grind-fests like Maplestory, especially its Pre-BigBang Era, similar situations like camping a notorious monster on Final Fantasy 11 while sitting around with other people wanting to do the same and then having to literal speed aggro grab the mob to just have the CHANCE for the item to drop and so on. Do a Meso Fissure survival for 1 hour solo and tell me if you aren`t stressed out with getting alot of forma bps & bronze parts, even if 6 of those 12 drops are radiant`d up relics, because you do not like running literal farm squads due to how tense those get where a person will ditch if they get 2 or 3 bronzes in a row.

Warframe is also a game where you cannot TRAIN your-self back to a tolerance of being able to do boring and frustrating stuff, you just simply delay yourself even further to get back to that mindset, if you ever get to it. I myself may still like the game, but just as i said in many threads: Once Destiny 2 New light release comes october & Phantasy star online 2 comes global on console in spring 2020, then the appeal of staying with warframe is either going to snap or i might start only being around every once in a few days or weeks, a free to play tag can only push a game so far with a coupling of `good content`, if the latter is not maintained well into the late game, even when new stuff just came out just that week & its already burnt out, then why continue to repeat it except for a unfair-tier drop rate which is even further made unfair if you need multiple copies of said item.

Edited by Avienas

I'm not going to go point-by-point because I think this massive word vomit of complaints is masking a general sense of confusion and frustration. The game left you behind while you took a break and you feel overwhelmed now. There are all these syndicates and rep walls and you can only game for so many hours a day.

Take the Cetus/Fortuna grind day by day. Fishing bait still exists. There are thumpers now that drop lots of resources, you can do conservation in Fortuna to relax and advance your rep. Look around the forums for resources and help with stuff like Cetus wisp farming routes.

You're gonna be fine LOL.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Not everyone looks up the literal map on the spawn locations & can build a speedy Ivara/Nova and just use itzal/operator map leaps to check every lake. Its not that Night-time is the best time to find wisps, its just alot easier to spot them.

Not everyone has the tolerance that one builds from games that can have absurd grind-fests like Maplestory, especially its Pre-BigBang Era, similar situations like camping a notorious monster on Final Fantasy 11 while sitting around with other people wanting to do the same and then having to literal speed aggro grab the mob to just have the CHANCE for the item to drop and so on. Do a Meso Fissure survival for 1 hour solo and tell me if you aren`t stressed out with getting alot of forma bps & bronze parts, even if 6 of those 12 drops are radiant`d up relics, because you do not like running literal farm squads due to how tense those get where a person will ditch if they get 2 or 3 bronzes in a row.

Warframe is also a game where you cannot TRAIN your-self back to a tolerance of being able to do boring and frustrating stuff, you just simply delay yourself even further to get back to that mindset, if you ever get to it. I myself may still like the game, but just as i said in many threads: Once Destiny 2 New light release comes october & Phantasy star online 2 comes global on console in spring 2020, then the appeal of staying with warframe is either going to snap or i might start only being around every once in a few days or weeks, a free to play tag can only push a game so far with a coupling of `good content`, if the latter is not maintained well into the late game, even when new stuff just came out just that week & its already burnt out, then why continue to repeat it except for a unfair-tier drop rate which is even further made unfair if you need multiple copies of said item.

... That's a lot of text for... the Void.

Malcydon is frustrated, but I pointed out alternatives... Hydron isn't an anlternative when he basically isn't at ease with endless missions, even with his friends.

... Now, you are frustrated and pointed out your alternatives, which neither me or him have anything to do with them... and, honestly, I never want to do anything with them... Unless you're here to suggest alternatives, based on his case and conditions, then I suggest to you @Avienas to take a deep breath, calm down and then present your suggestions...

... Don't bother with suggestions from guides like iFlynn, or stuff that others told you to do because "ItS dA tHiNg ArOuNd HeRe!"...  See his case, put yourself in his shoes and then suggest something valid that suits his needs... Like I did. Yeah, "regular missions" is so vague, but that's exactly why I explained what I meant by it. IF he's not at ease, he should start small and avoid getting carried by others. Once he's at ease with the different mission types, he will be able to do more on a team than being a spectator.

I'm not here to start debates. He made a feedback topic, in which I willingly presented alternatives for him to try out on his own, which will benefit both himself and his team... Just as I am willingly not letting your slight outburst blow up my patience, and I am focusing solely on helping Malcydon.

8 hours ago, Malcydon said:

- I'm very angry that fishing baits have been taken out.

If you bought them you should still have them, so your complaint is bogus. 

If you didn't buy any of them, then it's hard to believe that you ever spent any time fishing, so your complaint is bogus. 

Since in either case you made a bogus complaint as your very first issue raised, the rest of your post can be safely dismissed.

Ahh well, I suppose you figured that it was worth a shot anyway, right? Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to pull here. 

8 hours ago, Malcydon said:

I checked on your data. Whisp farm result
1st round: 2 wisp
2nd round: 1 wisp
3rd: 0
4th: 0
5th: 0
6th: 0
7th: 0

Some people believe in coincidences. I'm not one of them.
I'm sorry to say, but this is a joke at best. The game is asking players to stop playing the game.

You're doing something wrong then.
I usually pull in three Wisps during the day, and that can go up significantly at night. All I'm running for loot detection is Primed Animal Instinct, and it's not even fully leveled. There was ONE time when I didn't find any wisps a few times in a row, but I was tired and not really looking too terribly hard either. Usually, I stumble upon them without even looking for them.

- I'm also working 8-13h a day.

- For the past months I've been in a spree of constant 13h a day due to constant overtime.

- I spend about 2h commuting to and from work everyday.

Aside from MOBAs or Shooters, Warframe is literally the only game that allows me to play at whatever pace I want without feeling left out. I don't know how you feel this game doesn't care about the working players as it seems to be it's the most fit with our limited playtime. Seriously, I think you should try out other grind games to get a feel for them.

• Like 3

This most recent update should make it pretty clear DE has no real substance to their work anymore.

That huge page of text and pictures results in 1 mission type we already had being put in other tilesets. That's the content we got.

DE has lost touch on how to create a fun game or perhaps Warframe is just so broken at this point it's not possible to make it a fun game so they put up barriers, time gates and caps to stretch out otherwise shallow content that isn't very fun to repeat. There's not really any replay value in their content of the last few years and in the end why are we getting these rewards? There's nowhere to go. DE chooses to create mini games instead or distract us with add-on features no one asked for instead of fixing the core mechanics of the game so all future content will work and play better. Instead every activity feels like a chore instead of accomplishment.

It's just kinda sad at this point. I haven't played much in 8 months. A lot of long term steamers are now leaving and I don't think DE cares because the game is purposely front loaded for a revolving door of new players with no interest in keeping veterans playing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

- I'm also working 8-13h a day.

- For the past months I've been in a spree of constant 13h a day due to constant overtime.

- I spend about 2h commuting to and from work everyday.

Aside from MOBAs or Shooters, Warframe is literally the only game that allows me to play at whatever pace I want without feeling left out. I don't know how you feel this game doesn't care about the working players as it seems to be it's the most fit with our limited playtime. Seriously, I think you should try out other grind games to get a feel for them.

I can only second this, in fact, it caters so much to us working people, that it turns away players with lot's of free time, because they would like to have longer content, mission where they can spend 2h+ and recieve fitting rewards, but because Warframe has a lot of adult players, DE opted to make everything more bitesized, so people with jobs can earn everything aswell. I have no idea where op is coming from or know any other online game that caters as much to the working man.

• Like 2

Guys... I have 4000+. I did not start today. I don't need beginners advice. I have two friends who are better than I am, and I'm failing with their advices.
Let's face it, most of us are geniouses when it comes to "how the farm the most in the least amount of time".. and how to cut down the DE's expected play time,
to it's 1/10 at best. I know it. I was there when we started farming the first lv 120 on Draco. Meant impossible, farmed in 1 hour.
But.. now there is a literal time lock. If I run out of fishes... I have to wait another week, and I don't have enough eidalon shards. I couldn't get them yesterday.
Meaning I have to wait 2 weeks at best to get an amp... with platinum ready. ??? Absurd.

12 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Honestly, if you're just increasing your mastery, Sanctuary Onslaught is where you probably are doing it/should be at.

I think I rather do this. I farmed 6 weapons last night, and +1 frame. Barely any increase in mastery. So very little actually, I'm not even sure it increased.
At max 1mm... I built 12 weapons I had in my locket, but.. ehh. Not sure if it's worth it. Prob doesn't even worth 1 level.

9 hours ago, Avienas said:

Thank you, this is exactly my problem. I have itzal, I have been warping around, and I'm coming from hydron. I also had a nova build for this (if that's the frame),
but I don't like warping around with it. It's not my style. But it is very obvious that an algorythm is standing in the way. You collect too much in a certain time,
it just locks you down. So I guess I go for architect.

8 hours ago, sinnae said:

I'm not going to go point-by-point because I think this massive word vomit of complaints is masking a general sense of confusion and frustration. The game left you behind while you took a break and you feel overwhelmed now. There are all these syndicates and rep walls and you can only game for so many hours a day.

Take the Cetus/Fortuna grind day by day. Fishing bait still exists. There are thumpers now that drop lots of resources, you can do conservation in Fortuna to relax and advance your rep. Look around the forums for resources and help with stuff like Cetus wisp farming routes.

You're gonna be fine LOL.

Thank you, but actually I have most of those. The last time I stopped was when I had to do fishing for amps, and the drop was so awesome that 0 norg, 0 wisp spawned.
So I had, #*!% this. I'm not standing around for 2 hours in hopes of sth. Now I'm coming back, things doesn't seem to be fixed, except that I even have to PAY for the damn baits.
This is like you do sth bad, and than you poke someone really hard in the side. The TOP 1 prior should've been to fix this mess.

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you bought them you should still have them, so your complaint is bogus. 

If you didn't buy any of them, then it's hard to believe that you ever spent any time fishing, so your complaint is bogus. 

Since in either case you made a bogus complaint as your very first issue raised, the rest of your post can be safely dismissed.

Ahh well, I suppose you figured that it was worth a shot anyway, right? Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to pull here. 

I bought half of them. I have the murkray - luckily - and so I can still enjoy fishing. ...somewhat. For the rest? Nope. I didn't got there yet.
So yes, I'm frustrated that I came back expecting a fix... and the matter have only been worsened.
Not to mention that sth had happened with the metallics and I'm not sure what and why?

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Thank you and yes, I am sorry to hear that, but it has been a problem for a really long time. From a lot of other things.. and "problems", 
to other mishandled things, like the map or when the archwing arrived. I remember when they changed the map, how much better it will be,
but in the end I had to wait 2-3 years till it got fixed. It was incredibly slow. Same with Archwing. It was supposed to be a big upgrade.
Instead we got an upgrade with barely any content, with 2 maps at best.. and thats it. It was hell to farm xp for archwing and no reason.
Same with conclave updates. It's going to be good and interesting. Instead it become unfair and empty. Lunaro! It will be good. 8 players.
I actually really liked that. But nobody played it either due to lag, or the cheats you could do. Not to mention the massive violence.

But hey. We finally got MOA-s with hats!

1 hour ago, Vethalon said:

4 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

But how? If I have 4 hours of free time ( i actually.. changed jobs for the 30 min travel (12h.. 2 hour travel.. nope) and 8 hour.. sometimes overwork),
and I would like to use that to it's full extend. Having to refarm and regrind everything just to grind.. is not my solution. It feels like a huge waste of time.
I can't get through Eidalon yet, and I want to try the "new" Venus, but that also has a lot of timelock and I can't step from 1 to 2.
At this point I'm not even sure why I'm doing Eidalon. Maybe friends? Donno.

1 hour ago, Vethalon said:

I can only second this, in fact, it caters so much to us working people, that it turns away players with lot's of free time, because they would like to have longer content, mission where they can spend 2h+ and recieve fitting rewards, but because Warframe has a lot of adult players, DE opted to make everything more bitesized, so people with jobs can earn everything aswell. I have no idea where op is coming from or know any other online game that caters as much to the working man.

I would ask why we can't have both.

It's a simple soft cap function far as rewards are concerned but for 5 years of playing this game I did long Endurance runs for nothing. Most players want the Difficulty / Challenge. The time spent in those missions is just a byproduct. I'd be perfectly happy doing a lvl 200-400 mission that lasts 10 min. Gimme that, lets do it.

• Like 1

Yeah, it caters to working people but not to working people who want to do endurance or appropriately leveled/scaled content. 

I've been saying for years, unless they rebuild their game from the ground up starting from the damage system, which let's be honest ain't gonna happen period, at least give us access to level and spawn rate sliders so i can just hop into a mission and play it at the level i want with the spawn of a full team. 

Like, even fething exterminates can be really fun if they are high enough in levels. 

2 hours ago, Malcydon said:

I bought half of them. I have the murkray - luckily - and so I can still enjoy fishing. ...somewhat. For the rest? Nope. I didn't got there yet.
So yes, I'm frustrated that I came back expecting a fix... and the matter have only been worsened.
Not to mention that sth had happened with the metallics and I'm not sure what and why?

Then you can fish exactly what you had been fishing for before, which you claimed was a very nice, relaxing, enjoyable way to wind down. 

You can use your bait to fish, to gain standing, and to supply parts for making more bait. 

So for you, nothing has changed. Your complaint therefore is spurious. 

And if you're not sure if "something changed, or what or why," why on Earth do you think that you should work yourself up about it? That's just silly. 

6 hours ago, Malcydon said:

But how? If I have 4 hours of free time ( i actually.. changed jobs for the 30 min travel (12h.. 2 hour travel.. nope) and 8 hour.. sometimes overwork),
and I would like to use that to it's full extend. Having to refarm and regrind everything just to grind.. is not my solution. It feels like a huge waste of time.
I can't get through Eidalon yet, and I want to try the "new" Venus, but that also has a lot of timelock and I can't step from 1 to 2.
At this point I'm not even sure why I'm doing Eidalon. Maybe friends? Donno.

It's quite easy actually, I don't rush through anything, I play what I feel like when I feel like, especially open worlds, I only play them I feel like it. I'm in no rush to get everything done, there is no endgame competition at the end of the line thus no reason to rush for it. Really that's all I can tell you, I have roughly 3k hours and got myself to mr26 slogging through gear whenever I get a burst of "I wanna build and fully forma everything". Those would usually last me a few days at best where I'd probably level up between 5-10 items, now I'm left with only a few clan tech and prime weapons.

TL;DR: Play at your own pace, there's nothing at the finish line. Don't feel like doing a particular farm/Lootcifer hates me, I buy said item from others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Karzakeno said:

Pretty much my experience.

The whisp farm is unenjoyable time sink.

Ye, even with a good route/setup it's kind of tedious. The good news is once you hit max with Quills you can buy cetus wisps, and sentient cores you use to exchange for them drop like candy during eidolon hunts.

• Like 1