Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The not-so-universal Universal Medallion dilemma

DarkRuler2500

vor 7 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

The PVP-mode is dead and even if I wished to farm those points i CANNOT because no group can be formed.
You can literally queue up for like half an hour without a group being formed.
The universal medallion was a great idea, so sad how it turned out. 😞

Please rethink this decision!

• Like 3

Their point is a valid one. PvP rewards are for time spent in PvP. The only problem here is that they themselves disassociate themselves from this mode and called it a failure on multiple occasions. It's there for the sake of being there at this point. 

I know Meg replied to someone and basically said 'oh we're working on it ;)' but this kinda reply doesn't and shouldn't fly, especially in this case. I won't believe that a company this small working on something this big, with already big projects hindering them is gonna assign people for a mode nobody cares about, with little to no chance of people caring about it after the changes 

What they'll do imo is release more of these silly events like the snowball one (maybe PvP dog days?)  

vor 9 Minuten schrieb GinKenshin:

Their point is a valid one. PvP rewards are for time spent in PvP. The only problem here is that they themselves disassociate themselves from this mode and called it a failure on multiple occasions. It's there for the sake of being there at this point. 

If the mode is a failure it should follow the way of Law of Retribution/Jordas Verdict and the rewards should be given elsewhere.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

If the mode is a failure it should follow the way of Law of Retribution/Jordas Verdict and the rewards should be given elsewhere.

That's not similar to that. Raids failed because the cost of maintaining them was too high. PvP failed because nobody plays it and they gave up on it. It still works and hardly has any bugs, so they keep it as is

vor einer Stunde schrieb DarkRuler2500:

The PVP-mode is dead and even if I wished to farm those points i CANNOT because no group can be formed.
You can literally queue up for like half an hour without a group being formed.
The universal medallion was a great idea, so sad how it turned out. 😞

Please rethink this decision!

I am not interested in Conclave rewards. But we started play Lunaro with some friends 2 or so weeks ago. And really quick we ran in the problem were we would get randoms over and over into our games because we dont understand the Invite system. Once you que uf with 4 you still have to get the other two in. But the start timer goes down right away so we endet up playing as 4 with 2 randoms. and not even the same 2 every time. Sometimes complete noobs. and 2 games later we got our asses kicked.

it depends on 3 things:

-The Server you play on and what time it is

-If you have the "Noob" mode on

-The max ping you can join in.

Dont get me wrong. at best 0.5% plays conclave... but that's still enough to farm the standing. And with the "missions" you get in conclave you can hit your cap in 2-3 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

I know Meg replied to someone and basically said 'oh we're working on it ;)' but this kinda reply doesn't and shouldn't fly, especially in this case. I won't believe that a company this small working on something this big, with already big projects hindering them is gonna assign people for a mode nobody cares about, with little to no chance of people caring about it after the changes 

What they'll do imo is release more of these silly events like the snowball one (maybe PvP dog days?)  

De isnt a small company at all brother roughly 310 work there! They have no excuse! I just think they need to work on content and time management at this point maybe revisiting PvP 

Universal Syndicate Medallion:

aot5Oof.jpg

... except Conclave.

And Conclave is a Syndicate.

And it only rewards 1000 standing.

And it’s an uncommon/rare reward from Disruption missions.

I don’t understand the decision about disabling usage of the Universal Syndicate Medallion for Conclave. It’ll just give players another option to grind standing for Conclave if they’re not a PvP player, whereas if you are a PvP player getting standing would be arbitrarily faster if you played the game mode.

And honestly, what’s wrong about passively farming standing for Conclave rep when the drop chance for the Universal Syndicate Medallion is low and the standing it offers is only 1000? That’s quite low to farm rep purely by exclusively using this very item.

Why limit the option to use the Universal Syndicate Medallion everywhere else but Conclave, DE? Shouldn’t we have more options to grind and be excited for it, even if it’s a small expectancy for it, than having the option removed? Only to leave behind a sense of pettiness and apathy for this specified content?

• Like 2

I don't like or play PvP, but I would not want to take away to ability from anybody to play it. Should an in-game reward you can get in PvE mode give you some kind of, any kind of advantage in PvP mode? People are really want this to happen? It feels like this is against the whole concept of PvP.

I love that it gives you Ostron Standing, Eidolon Hunt is #*!%ing S#&$, nobody sohuld be forced to do it without a proper amp, or at all, I would take it out of the game completely if it were up to me.

Edited by LostMilip

15 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

That's not similar to that. Raids failed because the cost of maintaining them was too high. PvP failed because nobody plays it and they gave up on it. It still works and hardly has any bugs, so they keep it as is

They keep it as is because a vocal minority craps their pants any time they even hint at letting the rewards be obtained via other means.

People like you.

Thousands of people could be enjoying those cosmetics but they wont get to because people like you cant stand the thought of your precious exclusivity being devalued.

It all basically boils down to a small subset of whiners stamping their feet because they dont want to share their toys.

Edited by SteelOverseer666

3 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

They keep it as is because a vocal minority craps their pants any time they even hint at letting the rewards be obtained via other means.

People like you.

Thousands of people could be enjoying those cosmetics but because people like you cant stand the thought of your precious exclusivity being devalued.

It all basically boils down to a small subset of whiners stamping their feet because they dont want to share their toys.

I mean is it really so exclusive if you all ya know... played the game ahh it feels good to say this but it’s DEs game and they know what there doing if you don’t like it go play something else  

edit I see why y’all love to say it . It’s fun 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I mean is it really so exclusive if you all ya know... played the game ahh it feels good to say this but it’s DEs game and they know what there doing if you don’t like it go play something else  

edit I see why y’all love to say it . It’s fun 

Hypocritical much?

Say that to all the people who freaked out when they were going to let us use these for conclave standing.

ALOT of people were VERY excited to finally have a reasonable way to get those skins.

But people like you complained and had it changed.

As you yourself said: You all should have just gone and played something else....right? Lel

EDIT: Maybe, just maybe, PVP should have PVP focused rewards like PVP mods, instead of PVE cosmetics.

12 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

People like you.

Thousands of people could be enjoying those cosmetics but they wont get to because people like you cant stand the thought of your precious exclusivity being devalued.

If you want to enjoy the cosmetics the only thing stopping you is you. Not other people.

• Like 2

Just now, SteelOverseer666 said:

Its been made very clear that getting those cosmetics is pretty much impossible due to the lack of people participating in conclave.

What part of that is unclear to you?

I just queued for PvP and got in a full game. The part that's unclear to me is that unwillingness to earn them the same way as the "People like you" people you're talking about. You're creating this crisis of "no available method of farming" that doesn't really exist. I got in a game instantly and it's not even prime time.

• Like 2

Just now, Skaleek said:

I just queued for PvP and got in a full game. The part that's unclear to me is that unwillingness to earn them the same way as the "People like you" people you're talking about. You're creating this crisis of "no available method of farming" that doesn't really exist. I got in a game instantly and it's not even prime time.

My point still stands regardless.

"People like you" are the only reason "people like me" will never get these cosmetics.

If it was so easy then why dont I see anyone wearing them then eh? I would expect if its as easy as you claim that people would be using them! But they arent, because its not.

13 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Hypocritical much?

Say that to all the people who freaked out when they were going to let us use these for conclave standing.

ALOT of people were VERY excited to finally have a reasonable way to get those skins.

But people like you complained and had it changed.

As you yourself said: You all should have just gone and played something else....right? Lel

EDIT: Maybe, just maybe, PVP should have PVP focused rewards like PVP mods, instead of PVE cosmetics.

“De knows what there doing if you don’t like the direction of the game go play something else”

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

“De knows what there doing if you don’t like the direction of the game go play something else”

I guess you didnt even read the message so Ill try to make it simpler so maybe you will understand.

That is hypocritical because you guys complained about DE's direction yourself.

DE was going to let us use these for conclave but you complained.

You should have just gone and played something else yourself instead of trying to change DE's direction.

Was that simple enough for you to bother reading this time? Probably not... too many words.

Just now, SteelOverseer666 said:

I guess you didnt even read the message so Ill try to make it simpler so maybe you will understand.

That is hypocritical because you guys complained about DE's direction yourself.

DE was going to let us use these for conclave but you complained.

You should have just gone and played something else yourself instead of trying to change DE's direction.

Was that simple enough for you to bother reading this time?

But “de has the final decision in what ever they do” it’s annoying Ewing all the complaints going on in the fourms about this they made their choice “if you don’t like what de is doing with their game go do something else”

2 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

I should have known that someone so blatantly hypocritical would not have the ability to reason.

Please, repeat what you said again for the fourth time. I am sure that will make it less hypocritical.

LOL

It’s sarcasm also what we get when we have issues but continue sir

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s sarcasm also what we get when we have issues but continue sir

Ahh, so you must be new to the internet.

Ya know...Because most people understand that sarcasm does not come across through written text. LOL

But you keep on being your special self. One day you will get there little buddy.

6 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Ahh, so you must be new to the internet.

Ya know...Because most people understand that sarcasm does not come across through written text. LOL

But you keep on being your special self. One day you will get there little buddy.

I think of of people got it except the person who’s offended