Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Void - Chapter 1: Adolescence [Closed]

DaMadReaper

7 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

"Yeah I can try but Dino, please don't call me electro-boy like that it's..." I shudder a bit. "Disturbing ok ?" She is nice I can do so too.

"Sure thing kid." Dino complied. After all, she knows his name now, might as well use it. Thanks to the light he produced she could watch her step now, though the sight of the sewage is almost as bad as the smell. She opted for looking at the walls and ceiling instead, checking the construction, trying to figure out how old this sewer system is. Lasria is a place of great historical value after all, the architects of old put more value into their craft than the corporations of today, especially that of that man...

10 hours ago, Spikey844 said:

And so Gabby, with all the authority that an 11 year can muster, raised a hand and pointed at Dino, before promptly declaring, "That was a bad word. Say sorry."

Suddenly, she froze. Aw crap... she did just swear in front of a kid, didn't she? Now this is a seriously awkward moment, even being called out by the kid. She's a sharp one though, she has to admit.

"R-right... sorry. For, um, swearing."

She said that, but if Karl were to look right now, he'd see her gaze, one that told quite clearly "I meant it though." And with the green, cracking hue of Cyriann's mutation, and her hood pulled over, it looked pretty menacing.

Swearing in front of a kid, Martijn was already disappointed in Dino, but the kid was chewing her out already so he didn't need to put in his two cents.He rummaged through his pocket, fishing out an old flashlight and trying to click it on. Sadly it seemed it was empty... then again he had been using it a lot. Didn't think about conserving the battery when he was stuck in the dark. He muttered something under his breath before tucking it away once more.

"So we need to find a fusebox? Now that's going to be... fun... to look for." 

Edited by kyrozon

The manhole falls into place, chasing away the light. And then everything comes in a rush.

The smell is... Displeasant. But I've had worst. The sort of smells one can get working on emergencies in dingy middle-eastern hospitals...You don't want to know more than 'sewers have nothing on that'. I can half-hear the rest of the group chatting, but my mind is still reeling from the encounter, and the sounds sort of meld into an undecipherable mess as I triage through the freight train of belated feelings now that the adrenaline rush is over.

Panic. These creatures are impossibly strong and tough, we'd need some impossible feat of strength, explosives or heavy duty ammo to get rid of them. Barring that, which I don't see happening anytime soon, they'll just remain our personal boogeymen.

Horror. These things...I thought these things were just some sort of heavily mutated dogs but...Armored spine. They can change. If you add their use of tactics, mocking intelligence and that look in their eyes...There's only one conclusion I can come up with. I won't say it though. Can't quite deal with it yet.

Despair. If what I've seen so far fits, they won't give up. Too persistent. That means we can look forwards to round two. And three. And four. Everything feels so bleak and hopeless, for a second. I stagger to my feet, suffering, and can just hear myself mutter.

"Merde..."

Thankfully I manage to bite my lip and silence myself before I lapse into a string of expletives I find unusually  tempting right now. Hopefully no one heard me, or at least the little one doesn't understand French.

Out of habit, I ruffle through my pockets and find a familiar cylinder. Emergency flashlight. Click.

It's not a very bright light, but then again it's not a very big thing. Still, something in the pale light is primordially reassuring.

Hope. We made it through this. So we can do this again. We won't give up.

"Is everyone alright?"

My voice almost doesn't shake there.

The group chats in the dark, damp sewer, recuperating from the harrowing encounter they had had with the canine abominations. Several of them felt the release of breaths they hadn't realised they'd been holding, allowing themselves to feel just that bit relieved upon the realisation that the Hyenas had not followed. However, with the fading of adrenaline, they would begin to notice the burning ache that came with a full day of sprinting around Lasria, being forced to work through a liberal application of mortal terror. Still, they had survived.

They had survived. It was cause for celebration, for congratulations, and such would be afforded to the group as Agnes turns her flashlights on. She tweaks with it for a bit, hovering the circle of light on the incredibly shallow water, before raising it, bathing the walls in light and with them, a figure. A woman, dressed in a black petticoat that went down to her knees, with shoulder-length brown hair held in a short ponytail. What was most interesting, however, was her face. Clearly Lasrian in complexion, her mouth and nose were coated in black metal, matching the texture of her hands. Even more unusual, however, were a pair of bat-like ears that adorned the sides of her head, massive and easily rising above her head, solidifying her staus as one of the Tenno.

Leaning against the curved walls, she clapped, hands hitting each other in complete silence, waiting for the group to notice her properly, only to cease her clapping, raising her hand in front of her mouth in an exaggerated expression of shock.

'An unknown. Female...Maybe the voice on the radio? If so, she's likely...'

As I finish that thought, I push on my tired legs to get myself at the front of the group, taking a stance, my eyes fixed on her. My weapon's not already drawn, because I really hope to be wrong.

'A hostile.'

"Hello. Friend or foe?'

Blunt and to the point but honestly? After having been chased through a city and facing death while a wannabe Cecil Palmer commented idly, I don't feel like playing nice. And sure, she's the same as us, but humans are quick to shank each other in the back, regardless of similarity.

Edited by 404Cygni

30 minutes ago, DaMadReaper said:

The group chats in the dark, damp sewer, recuperating from the harrowing encounter they had had with the canine abominations. Several of them felt the release of breaths they hadn't realised they'd been holding, allowing themselves to feel just that bit relieved upon the realisation that the Hyenas had not followed. However, with the fading of adrenaline, they would begin to notice the burning ache that came with a full day of sprinting around Lasria, being forced to work through a liberal application of mortal terror. Still, they had survived.

They had survived. It was cause for celebration, for congratulations, and such would be afforded to the group as Agnes turns her flashlights on. She tweaks with it for a bit, hovering the circle of light on the incredibly shallow water, before raising it, bathing the walls in light and with them, a figure. A woman, dressed in a black petticoat that went down to her knees, with shoulder-length brown hair held in a short ponytail. What was most interesting, however, was her face. Clearly Lasrian in complexion, her mouth and nose were coated in black metal, matching the texture of her hands. Even more unusual, however, were a pair of bat-like ears that adorned the sides of her head, massive and easily rising above her head, solidifying her staus as one of the Tenno.

Leaning against the curved walls, she clapped, hands hitting each other in complete silence, waiting for the group to notice her properly, only to cease her clapping, raising her hand in front of her mouth in an exaggerated expression of shock.

Gabby blinked in the light from the torch, eyes adjusting as it punched through the dark. The adrenaline was slowly fading from her system, letting the tiredness creep back into her. She let out a big yawn, stretching as she did so, sleeves falling back to reveal her feline arms once more. Her eyes widened as it lit up the stranger, her eyes quickly taking in the metallic features on her face.

And the bat like ears.

She blurted the first thing that came to her.

"Are you Batwoman?"

Her mind caught up with her mouth a moment later, and she ducked her head, embarrassed, before hiding behind Tara.

The moment of tension that Martijn felt at the presence of this newcomer collapsed oh so quickly under Gabby's question. It was a simple question, childish. The type of thing that always snapped the Dutchman out of any bad situation he was in. Certainly useful in situations like this, as his emotions were obvious to read from the hissing cat that soon turned docile, if not still alert. It's ears perked up at the stranger.

The same alertness was still visible on Martijn too. His stance stiffened with stress. Thinking he could start to relax when they arrived in the sewer seemed to have been the wrong call. "... I am starting to question just how rare staying sane is." 

In the wake of this clapping woman Karl tried to prepare for another fight but his body gave out.

He collapsed to his knees, his lungs burnt as he started to cough and wretch his lungs out, he wheezed and grabbed onto the nearest thing that he would be able to grab onto to try and support himself in an effort to stand up, in this case Martijin's leg. It was almost pathetic in a way. He spent so long on the run with only fumes to carry him, he just felt like dying right then and there. He wasn't sure what was making him survive this long at this point.

He just hoped this woman didn't make them face more danger now.

Edited by Drakeardian

I can't help but take on a defensive stance just like all of the others. 

If this day had told me anything, it was to stay wary of strangers that stay silent and don't show their intentions. 

Though I will admit I almost had to stifle a chuckle at the little girl's question, what a way to break tension, her youth could probably be our salvation. 

15 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

They had survived. It was cause for celebration, for congratulations, and such would be afforded to the group as Agnes turns her flashlights on. She tweaks with it for a bit, hovering the circle of light on the incredibly shallow water, before raising it, bathing the walls in light and with them, a figure. A woman, dressed in a black petticoat that went down to her knees, with shoulder-length brown hair held in a short ponytail. What was most interesting, however, was her face. Clearly Lasrian in complexion, her mouth and nose were coated in black metal, matching the texture of her hands. Even more unusual, however, were a pair of bat-like ears that adorned the sides of her head, massive and easily rising above her head, solidifying her status as one of the Tenno.

15 hours ago, Spikey844 said:

Gabby blinked in the light from the torch, eyes adjusting as it punched through the dark. The adrenaline was slowly fading from her system, letting the tiredness creep back into her. She let out a big yawn, stretching as she did so, sleeves falling back to reveal her feline arms once more. Her eyes widened as it lit up the stranger, her eyes quickly taking in the metallic features on her face.

And the bat like ears.

She blurted the first thing that came to her.

"Are you Batwoman?"

Her mind caught up with her mouth a moment later, and she ducked her head, embarrassed, before hiding behind Tara.

"I'm not sure she is Batwoman little one..." said Tara to Gabby in English, ruffling the small girl's hair and stepping between her and the unknown woman before switching to slightly accented Lasrian to talk with the Tenno with the bat-like ears. "Can you understand me?"

Waving her hand a little at the bat-eared woman, she made sure she communicated that she was indeed addressing her at the moment.

"Do you understand Lasrian or English? Or something else?" she asked in Lasrian.

While the others stood at attention, weary and careful of the newcomer, the sound of snickering emanated from behind them. The involuntary kind, which caused her to partially cover her mouth with her metallic hand in an effort to muffle it. That kid is beyond adorable and this is a bad moment to be gushing about it. Well, the attention is on her now, so she might as well add something to the situation.

"Um, Greek is also an option."

She said in her native language. Though there's little chance the stranger knows it, it's worth a shot. It also gives some new information to the people of her group, since her accent isn't that noticeable.

The bat stands for a moment, ignoring the questions in favour of eyeing each member of the group in turn. Her exaggerated mannersims had fallen away in favour of a vaguely upbeat expression that only softened once her eyes met those of a... mostly innocent child. The motions of a silent chuckle spread through her body, though it seemed especially humorless within the current circumstances.Within a few seconds, she had extracted a small notebook and pen from her pocket, jotting down a few quick words, before handing it to Agnes, who seemed to be both fluent in the language, and brave enough to step forward.

Written in Cyrillic script, the handwriting contained a number of unnecessary flourishes, but ultimately contained few words:
"Ally but not friend. Lasrian preferred, though I understand some English. Will not hurt you. Follow to safety."

While the Trinity was busy with the text, she too had been doing something rather important. Padding along to the group's resident child, she held one of three orbs between three fingers, presenting it like a treat, but not allowing any other than Gabby to touch it. Once taken, however, she would do the motions of an underhand throw, other hand pointing towards one of the paths of the intersection. Whether due to excessive confidence or otherwise, she seemed to be paying little attention to the rest of the group as she did this, instead focusing her attempts on providing the child with a reassuring smile with what little of her face she could still manipulate.

Edited by DaMadReaper

On 2019-10-21 at 10:34 AM, MetroFallout said:

"I'm not sure she is Batwoman little one..." said Tara to Gabby in English, ruffling the small girl's hair and stepping between her and the unknown woman before switching to slightly accented Lasrian to talk with the Tenno with the bat-like ears. "Can you understand me?"

Waving her hand a little at the bat-eared woman, she made sure she communicated that she was indeed addressing her at the moment.

"Do you understand Lasrian or English? Or something else?" she asked in Lasrian.

On 2019-10-25 at 6:57 PM, DaMadReaper said:

The bat stands for a moment, ignoring the questions in favour of eyeing each member of the group in turn. Her exaggerated mannersims had fallen away in favour of a vaguely upbeat expression that only softened once her eyes met those of a... mostly innocent child. The motions of a silent chuckle spread through her body, though it seemed especially humorless within the current circumstances.Within a few seconds, she had extracted a small notebook and pen from her pocket, jotting down a few quick words, before handing it to Agnes, who seemed to be both fluent in the language, and brave enough to step forward.

Written in Cyrillic script, the handwriting contained a number of unnecessary flourishes, but ultimately contained few words:
"Ally but not friend. Lasrian preferred, though I understand some English. Will not hurt you. Follow to safety."

While the Trinity was busy with the text, she too had been doing something rather important. Padding along to the group's resident child, she held one of three orbs between three fingers, presenting it like a treat, but not allowing any other than Gabby to touch it. Once taken, however, she would do the motions of an underhand throw, other hand pointing towards one of the paths of the intersection. Whether due to excessive confidence or otherwise, she seemed to be paying little attention to the rest of the group as she did this, instead focusing her attempts on providing the child with a reassuring smile with what little of her face she could still manipulate.

Gabby recoiled away slightly from Tara's hand as she ruffled her hair, hands coming down over it as she made a noise of protest. Why wouldn't people leave her hair alone?! Mummy was...

The small girl's face fell as she thought about her parents for a moment, the wave of sadness flowing through her. If she'd had ears or a tail, they'd be drooping. She did perk up slightly when she noticed 'Batwoman' holding something out to her. A small ball like object. Her curiosity piqued, she took a step closer, hand reaching for it... then stopped short and gave the woman a wary look.

"What is it?" She asked. 

7 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

Gabby recoiled away slightly from Tara's hand as she ruffled her hair, hands coming down over it as she made a noise of protest. Why wouldn't people leave her hair alone?! Mummy was...

The small girl's face fell as she thought about her parents for a moment, the wave of sadness flowing through her. If she'd had ears or a tail, they'd be drooping. She did perk up slightly when she noticed 'Batwoman' holding something out to her. A small ball like object. Her curiosity piqued, she took a step closer, hand reaching for it... then stopped short and gave the woman a wary look.

"What is it?" She asked. 

"I... don't think she talks little one." said Tara in English, looking the Tenno up from her head to her toes before looking at Gabby. "Like I think she's a mute. Still, I'm not entirely sure you should take that ball that she's offering unless we know what it is."

Looking at the bat-like Tenno and making eye contact with her by removing her mask, she gestured to her that she's going to be addressing her before she spoke again in her slightly accented Lasrian, the language that most people could expect a stranger to be able to speak in Lasria outside of English and Russian.

"If you don't mind, could you tell me what you're handing to the child first before she takes it?" she asked, the concern for the smaller Tenno's well-being written on her face as she spoke. "It's not that I... or we don't trust you but it'd just be a nice heads-up to know what it is."

On 2019-10-20 at 10:48 PM, Drakeardian said:

He collapsed to his knees, his lungs burnt as he started to cough and wretch his lungs out, he wheezed and grabbed onto the nearest thing that he would be able to grab onto to try and support himself in an effort to stand up, in this case Martijin's leg. It was almost pathetic in a way. He spent so long on the run with only fumes to carry him, he just felt like dying right then and there. He wasn't sure what was making him survive this long at this point.

It seemed Martijn was the only one who registered Karl's situation, but having the person in question clinging to your leg does make a lot of difference if you notice in between the strange lady walking up to the kid, the not very well lit pathway only lightened up by green electricity from a crystal and a flashlight, and... well there wasn't much else that seemed to be trying to do anything here right now. No rats, no weird sewer animals. At least that was one positive. The Dutchman averted his gaze, mostly because having someone coughing heavily into his face sounded very unappealing, as he pulled Karl up to his feet.

27 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

"What is it?" She asked.

The item was something that Martijn had noticed too, although his attention of course was grabbed away by the fact Karl was half-collapsing against him. But there was still curiosity, and this curiosity was something that made the small technocyte cat move closer to the small girl and the 'Batwoman'. It almost seemed ready to pounce up at the lady's hand to try grab one of the spheres, but thankfully it only seemed to meow up at her. It wasn't a pretty noise, a very throaty meow that had a slight undertone of metal scrapping past metal. 

Just now, kyrozon said:

It seemed Martijn was the only one who registered Karl's situation, but having the person in question clinging to your leg does make a lot of difference if you notice in between the strange lady walking up to the kid, the not very well lit pathway only lightened up by green electricity from a crystal and a flashlight, and... well there wasn't much else that seemed to be trying to do anything here right now. No rats, no weird sewer animals. At least that was one positive. The Dutchman averted his gaze, mostly because having someone coughing heavily into his face sounded very unappealing, as he pulled Karl up to his feet.

At least someone was kind to him.

Karl got onto his feet and noticed the lady who offered them something to the kid amongst their group. He raised a brow then looked to Martijn then back to Gabby. He then turned to the kid then pointed to the items "What are they?" he asked in Lasiran whilst he pushed himself off Martijn for...whatever reason.

He let off one final cough before he finally managed to stand up on his own without coughing his lungs out.

I nodded. Really, my basics of Russian were solid enough to at least hold on a decent bit of conversation, even if it wasn't my best language, so learning Lasrian hadn't been too tough. I answered in lasrian in turn, probably heavily accented and clumsy but that wasn't my main preoccupation right now.

"Right, we'll-"

Then, a bit late, my ears registered the sound of someone falling to the ground. Cough, wheezig; I could almost feel myself defelte as I went from fight or flight to what I called 'doctor mode'. I had let a patent, visibly ill, on his own and untreat. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"I'm sorry, please give me a minute!"

Turning my back to the batwoman, I faced the man who was getting help standing up. Thank god someone had more common sense than me...A few steps got me closer as I offered a hand and murmured.

"Sir, I'm going to need your consent. If you're fine with me fixing you up just take my hand and squeeze it once. Alright? It's going to be fine. I'm so sorry I couldn't take care of you right away."

18 minutes ago, 404Cygni said:

I nodded. Really, my basics of Russian were solid enough to at least hold on a decent bit of conversation, even if it wasn't my best language, so learning Lasrian hadn't been too tough. I answered in lasrian in turn, probably heavily accented and clumsy but that wasn't my main preoccupation right now.

"Right, we'll-"

Then, a bit late, my ears registered the sound of someone falling to the ground. Cough, wheezig; I could almost feel myself defelte as I went from fight or flight to what I called 'doctor mode'. I had let a patent, visibly ill, on his own and untreat. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"I'm sorry, please give me a minute!"

Turning my back to the batwoman, I faced the man who was getting help standing up. Thank god someone had more common sense than me...A few steps got me closer as I offered a hand and murmured.

"Sir, I'm going to need your consent. If you're fine with me fixing you up just take my hand and squeeze it once. Alright? It's going to be fine. I'm so sorry I couldn't take care of you right away."

Oh to hell with this.

"Yes yes! You have my consent! just-" There came another coughing fit as Karl grabbed onto Agnes's arm and started to look a little out of it, his hands began to shiver and there came a tremor in his hands, his back started to ache along with his legs and his chest "Just hurry!" he exclaimed whilst he held onto Agnes for stability.

He looked VERY tired, extremely tired and seemed to have difficulty concentrating again.

Edited by Drakeardian

I find myself sighing in relief as she presents herself as allied, I might be naive, but to me it is better than having another chase happen. Then everyone starts to worry, be it for the kid who's getting offered something from the odd lady, or the one that is collapsing on the other.

An here I am holding my arm up to have everyone have some light. "Don't mind me, I can do that all day..." I say it halfly sarcastically, but I do feel those hints of itches saying I"m already over using electricity.

The Tenno watched with smiling eyes, seeming rather unconcerned with the hesitation and suspicion. As much as this had been a gesture of good will, it had also been a test of character, and of caution. A probe of the group's defensiveness, and their reactions to being faced with an unknown force. Nevertheless, there is something to be said about the fact that there are so many... colorful characters, to put it politely. She rises to her feet, raising a pointer finger as a symbol to wait for a few seconds, while eyeing the others, generally unconcerned with the emergency mode Agnes, the cat making odd sounds, and the dying man who vaguely looked like her father. Really, it would be more of a surprise if she wasn't used to this by now. She takes a deep breath, chest expanding over a period far longer than one would expect for that much air, before slowly letting it all out.

A flash of a smile at Tara and Gabby, and then a check of the surroundings. Four paths, three that need to be covered. A single ball rolls between her middle and index fingers in the same motion as a swing, sending it flying into the wall of one of the paths that she had not come from. She repeats it for the other path perpendicular to the group's original path, leaving only the routes behind and ahead of them uncovered. A second passes with nothing, and then another, before the group finally hears it. Footsteps, pitter pattering, splattering through the shallow water of the sewer as they sank deeper down the paths, the thrown orbs shooting lines of themselves to drag along the walls. Bait.

Once more, she rolls a ball between her index and middle fingers, before extending it to the child, using her other hand to aim down the path that the group had come from, hoping that her intentions would be slightly more clear now.

17 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

The Tenno watched with smiling eyes, seeming rather unconcerned with the hesitation and suspicion. As much as this had been a gesture of good will, it had also been a test of character, and of caution. A probe of the group's defensiveness, and their reactions to being faced with an unknown force. Nevertheless, there is something to be said about the fact that there are so many... colorful characters, to put it politely. She rises to her feet, raising a pointer finger as a symbol to wait for a few seconds, while eyeing the others, generally unconcerned with the emergency mode Agnes, the cat making odd sounds, and the dying man who vaguely looked like her father. Really, it would be more of a surprise if she wasn't used to this by now. She takes a deep breath, chest expanding over a period far longer than one would expect for that much air, before slowly letting it all out.

A flash of a smile at Tara and Gabby, and then a check of the surroundings. Four paths, three that need to be covered. A single ball rolls between her middle and index fingers in the same motion as a swing, sending it flying into the wall of one of the paths that she had not come from. She repeats it for the other path perpendicular to the group's original path, leaving only the routes behind and ahead of them uncovered. A second passes with nothing, and then another, before the group finally hears it. Footsteps, pitter pattering, splattering through the shallow water of the sewer as they sank deeper down the paths, the thrown orbs shooting lines of themselves to drag along the walls. Bait.

Once more, she rolls a ball between her index and middle fingers, before extending it to the child, using her other hand to aim down the path that the group had come from, hoping that her intentions would be slightly more clear now.

Gabby watched the balls zip down the passage ways with curiosity, before turning back to the stranger. She eyed the ball in her hand, looked back up at the mute woman, then back down at the ball. Carefully, she reached for it, taking it and rolling it about her hand, before looking down the path they came down initially. 

Then she whipped back her arm and flung it down the passage as hard as she could, deliberately aiming to bounce it off as many walls as she could. For a moment, just a moment, she looked like a carefree child once more.

On 2019-11-01 at 12:36 AM, DaMadReaper said:

On 2019-11-01 at 6:58 PM, Spikey844 said:

Gabby watched the balls zip down the passage ways with curiosity, before turning back to the stranger. She eyed the ball in her hand, looked back up at the mute woman, then back down at the ball. Carefully, she reached for it, taking it and rolling it about her hand, before looking down the path they came down initially. 

Then she whipped back her arm and flung it down the passage as hard as she could, deliberately aiming to bounce it off as many walls as she could. For a moment, just a moment, she looked like a carefree child once more.

Watching as Gabby picked the ball up and threw it, thoughts passed through Tara's mind and she came to the conclusion that the balls were definitely tools that were meant to help save them from the hyenas.

"Hmm... those are sonic decoys right?" asked Tara in Lasrian before frowning underneath her mask. "I don't imagine them lasting too long in their ability to distract any hyenas that would have entered the sewers. Let's get moving quickly. Please lead the way."

Once the decoy ball was thrown by Gabby, Tara found herself clutching on to Gabby's free hand, ready to take her along when the bat-like Tenno had everyone else's attention and was ready to get them to where they needed to go to avoid their pursuers.

Edited by MetroFallout

Le 03/11/2019 à 05:27, MetroFallout a dit :

Hmm... those are sonic decoys right?" asked Tara in Lasrian before frowning underneath her mask. "I don't imagine them lasting too long in their ability to distract any hyenas that would have entered the sewers. Let's get moving quickly. Please lead the way."

Once the decoy ball was thrown by Gabby, Tara found herself clutching on to Gabby's free hand, ready to take her along when the bat-like Tenno had everyone else's attention and was ready to get them to where they needed to go to avoid their pursuers.

"What are those balls ?" I look to the one who is visibly taking upon herself to watch over the kid. "I don't speak a word of Lasrian unfortunately."

Feeling Karl's hand in mine, I letpower well from within as I just know needs to be done and start feeling...

A body, hurt and damaged. It's funny how immense it feels treating a body like that. Karl's heartbeat resonates in my ears, his erratic breath is like some loud background noise. I can feel everything and I feel my breath hitch a bit in sympathy;

Oh Karl...

I start with minor things. The little aches of daily life. Small muscular lesions from doing movements wrong or overexerting yourself. Not too many of those, looks like he mostly lived a peaceful, cushy life until recently.

What is obviously my patient's infection wound is the next thing I notice, but I just know  I can't treat it, and it breaks my heart because it looks painful but... Not only are scars overall out of my reach, at least for now, but I'm fairly sure infection scars are something else, something I likely never will be able to take care of.

We are pariahs, and this is our mark.

Next come the remains of...How many STDs? Just *how* was this man alive, apart from these things apparently deciding to wage some sort of biohazard civil war? I cleanse everything.

Far away, in the distance, i can feel my own obdy starting to sweat heavily.

I'm not done yet.

Dopamine pathways are completely cluttered and I have to clean everything with caution. How long was this man just stuck, unable to feel any happiness? Some sort of drug withdrazwal is my best bet, but mostly it's none of my business, though I have to take note.

For his sake and in the name of the example given to the little one going with us, this shet is *not* going to happen again.

Everything's getting cold. Should I just call it a-

Oh god. Those lungs. I absolutely cannot call it a day.

My breath's getting a bit difficult, I feel woozy.

But. My. Job. Isn't; Done.

Lung damage takes more time to deal with. No wonder this man had so much trouble.It's all close to charcoal black, with some zones close to emphysema, and part of the lowest lobe of the right lung outright starting to collapse. In the end it's about good as new; I should take a look at the trachea...

Is it me or is everything going black?

As I get myself from the ground, I realize yes, I blacked out, if only for a second. I'm pretty close to Karl, and I should get up but...My arms feel so heavy right now.

" 'm sorry...Couldn't do more right now. Can we book...Appointment...Later?"

Okay, so one : my fancy not-zombie powers don't run on another source of energy as the rest of my body. Two, I'm completely out of juice. Three, the grounds seems really comfortable right now. Also my everything hurts. Let's hope I'll get better at patching people with time..

Edited by 404Cygni

3 minutes ago, 404Cygni said:

Feeling Karl's hand in mine, I letpower well from within as I just know needs to be done and start feeling...

A body, hurt and damaged. It's funny how immense it feels treating a body like that. Karl's heartbeat resonates in my ears, his erratic breath is like some loud background noise. I can feel everything and I feel my breath hitch a bit in sympathy;

Oh Karl...

I start with minor things. The little aches of daily life. Small muscular lesions from doing movements wrong or overexerting yourself. Not too many of those, looks like he mostly lived a peaceful, cushy life until recently.

What is obviously my patient's infection wound is the next thing I notice, but I just know  I can't treat it, and it breaks my heart because it looks painful but... Not only are scars overall out of my reach, at least for now, but I'm fairly sure infection scars are something else, something I likely never will be able to take care of.

We are pariahs, and this is our mark.

Next come the remains of...How many STDs? Just *how* was this man alive, apart from these things apparently deciding to wage some sort of biohazard civil war? I cleanse everything.

Far away, in the distance, i can feel my own obdy starting to sweat heavily.

I'm not done yet.

Dopamine pathways are completely cluttered and I have to clean everything with caution. How long was this man just stuck, unable to feel any happiness? Some sort of drug withdrawal is my best bet, but mostly it's none of my business, though I have to take note.

For his sake and in the name of the example given to the little one going with us, this shet is *not* going to happen again.

Everything's getting cold. Should I just call it a-

Oh god. Those lungs. I absolutely cannot call it a day.

My breath's getting a bit difficult, I feel woozy.

But. My. Job. Isn't; Done.

Lung damage takes more time to deal with. No wonder this man had so much trouble.It's all close to charcoal black, with some zones close to emphysema, and part of the lowest lobe of the right lung outright starting to collapse. In the end it's about good as new; I should take a look at the trachea...

Is it me or is everything going black?

As I get myself from the ground, I realize yes, I blacked out, if only for a second. I'm pretty close to Karl, and I should get up but...My arms feel so heavy right now.

" 'm sorry...Couldn't do more right now. Can we book...Appointment...Later?"

Okay, so one : my fancy not-zombie powers don't run on another source of energy as the rest of my body. Two, I'm completely out of juice. Three, the grounds seems really comfortable right now. Also my everything hurts; Let's hope I'll get better at patching people with time..

Karl felt strange.

He felt every damaged part of him slowly start to knit and become better, he felt his lungs become better, he felt something below become smoother and he felt...better, healthier and perhaps a bit happier? maybe even younger? He grabs onto the fallen woman, latching onto her arms as she starts to collapse. He looks her over for a bit then helps her up, wrapping one of her arms over his shoulder and grabbing onto her side to hold her up. "Of course." he answered before he looks over to the young girl then to the others

"I think I'm better now." he answered, still somewhat horse but his voice seems to have improved, including his breathing. At least he's not coughing anymore.