Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Multiplier? What Happened?

Ofeban

I'm searching everywhere on the forums, not seeing a single mention of this apparent Combo Multiplier nerf. Maybe it's been out for longer than I realized and the update is buried now idk?

Basically my entire combo meter is falling off at once, rather than in increments every 8 seconds. Body Count now displays 12 second Combo duration over the previous 8, so I guess this was seen as an adjustment?

Let me tell you it's awful. Nothing feels worse than building up a solid 2.5x or 3x, only to have the entire multiplier delete itself if I can't find mobs quickly. This is a punishing and really awful change, and I'm pretty sure I'll just stop using my combo weapons all together. No point or sense in building up a multiplier when all it takes is a single lull in activity to lose all of it.

Please revert.

Edit: My bad, my Naramon benefit had unequipped itself and I was confused. Carry on Tenno.

Edited by Ofeban

15 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

I'm searching everywhere on the forums, not seeing a single mention of this apparent Combo Multiplier nerf. Maybe it's been out for longer than I realized and the update is buried now idk?

Because there has been none.

15 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

Basically my entire combo meter is falling off at once, rather than in increments every 8 seconds. Body Count now displays 12 second Combo duration over the previous 8, so I guess this was seen as an adjustment?

Body Count was always +12 seconds, unless you never maxed it.

Naramon Power Spike: Melee Combo Counter now decays while out of combat every few seconds, instead of depleting completely.

Please learn how the game works before making accusatory threads.

Seems somehow my Naramon benefit was unequipped. My bad.

But I'm 100% certain Body Count was +8 or +9 not long ago, and Drifting Contact was +6, not +10. Either I slipped into an alternate dimension, or that was changed.

Edited by Ofeban

1 hour ago, Ofeban said:

But I'm 100% certain Body Count was +8 or +9 not long ago, and Drifting Contact was +6, not +10. Either I slipped into an alternate dimension, or that was changed.

here's your sanity check:

a history diff of the Body Count Article. same information, both having the same Stats per Rank (they're not lined up because there was different line spacing then).
D3VQQR4.png

you can also look at our older images of the Mods in question here, as another sanity check on what the Mods used to do a few years ago.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/File:BodyCountMod.png
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/File:DriftingContactMod.png